Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Silver Age Superhero RTD  (Read 15701 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Age Superhero RTD
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2019, 09:12:37 am »

Orion is tired of the dumb-down routine of a trip, it’s time to find some more interesting things in the ancient pyramid. Quickly deceive the Pith-helmeted Man that I’m going back to take a “smoke” break, than “head back” to find a alleyway/different hallway route to see some of these wonders of human culture! (artifacts)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 02:17:47 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2019, 02:17:53 pm »

Honestly, Sofia wasn't really looking for much, she could find a snack later if she really needed it. Right now, she wanted something to drink. Hopefully a soda.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2019, 08:05:56 pm »

"Before we can figure out the purpose and effects of this nanogoo we need to analyze the basic properties. Density, composition, reaction to heat or cold, behavior if it's an active nanogoo. Get the equipment in."

Peter uses advanced scientific equipment to analyze the properties and oddities of the nanogoo.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2019, 11:09:01 pm »

"You no need do this! You have Freedom of Choose!"

Attempt to persuade the other cavemen not to throw me to the water dinosaurs.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2019, 01:54:43 pm »

"Holy Shit!"

Keep running and dodging.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2019, 12:45:25 am »

The Negotiator:

Page: A panel of Ethan staring in shock at his manager. Ethan: “That’s impossible… I’ve never done drugs in my entire life, there must be an error! Can’t you double check the results, or send me in for another test?” (Wits check: 3-1(doubt) = 2) A panel of the shift manager looking at Ethan, exasperated. Shift Manager: “The testers are booked through the next month, and I’m not inclined to doubt their results.” Ethan: (How could the test have came back positive? Could someone have wanted me fired to give someone else my position?) (Wits check: 5-2(little data)+1(narrow question) = 4) A close-up panel of Ethan’s shocked face. Ethan: (No, that doesn’t make sense. I’ve only been working here for a few months, and I remember overhearing the store manager say that they needed more entry-level workers, so that doesn’t seem like the reason.) A panel of the shift manager looking at Ethan, annoyed. Shift Manager: “Are you going to leave now?”

Will Ethan keep trying to make the shift manager see reason?

The Stranger:

Page: A panel of the unkempt man wandering through the small business district. (Wits check: 3+0 = 3) A panel of him standing next to a storefront. A panel zooming in on the storefront showing a sign reading “Genescent Postproduction Services” in flowing letters, and below that, a sign reading “Help Wanted”.

Is this a satisfactory opportunity?

The Lifebringer:

Page: A panel of Dora walking towards the light. (Wits check: 4+0) Dora: (It’s coming from one of the tombstones, like something’s hidden behind it…) A large panel of Dora looking at a tombstone glowing an unearthly purple. Dora: (No.. the tombstone itself is glowing!)

What does Dora do?

Dr. Mutagen:

Page: A panel of Burt picking up the tray. [He was researching the possibility of using genetic engineering on an egg cell to partially determine the appearance of an animal.] A panel of Burt walking across the room. An extension cord is visible just in front of him. [He would soon be able to do much more than that.] (Physique check: 2-1(distracted)+1(easy) = 2) A panel showing the exact moment that Burt tripped over the extension cord. A panel showing Burt falling to the ground, the tray of samples still in his hands. A panel showing the samples shatter. A panel showing the outside of the laboratory. Burt: “AIEEEEEEEE!
Page: A panel showing Burt sit up groggily. A panel showing Burt open a box on the wall labelled “First Aid”. A panel showing Burt driving. A panel showing Burt collapsed on a bed.

When Burt returns to his laboratory, what does he do?

The Traveler:

Page: A panel showing Octavian crying tears of joy. Octavian: (The sunset… so beautiful…) [It was sunrise.] A panel showing Octavian’s knees buckle. Octavian: (No, wait… sunrise!) A panel showing Octavian collapsed on the ground, eyes closed and a smile on his face.

Okay, when Octavian wakes up, then what will he do with his newfound freedom?

Anathema:

Page: A panel showing Orion scowling. A panel showing Orion walking up to the head of the group. A panel showing Orion looking at the man in the pith helmet. Orion: “Hey, I’m going back to take a smoke break.” (Wits check: 5-1(hard)+1(distracted) = 5) Pith Helmet Man: “Wha? Yeah, sure, whatever.” A panel showing Orion walking away from the group, smiling.

Anything in particular that Orion’s interested in?

Cuddle Team Leader:

Page: A panel showing Sofia tug on the refrigerator’s handle. A panel showing Sofia look in confusion at the unopened door. A panel showing Sofia tug and turn the refrigerator’s handle. Sofia: (Okay, this is a really weird fridge.) A panel showing the refrigerator’s contents: several dozen unmarked metallic containers of various shapes and sizes. A panel showing Sofia grabbing a soda can-sized cylindrical container. Sofia: (This is soda, right? This had better be soda.) [It was not soda.] A panel showing Sofia fiddling with the top of the canister. Sofia: (There, got it!) A panel showing Sofia raising the canister to her mouth. A panel showing Sofia drinking the canister. Sofia: (Hey, this actually tastes really good! And fizzy! Guess it is soda.)
Page: A splash panel showing the man in the lab coat standing awkwardly with his hands in his pockets. In the foreground is a surprised Sofia, and in the background is a perfectly normal fridge. Lab Coat Man: “The fridge that stores food is on the other side of the room.”

Oops?

Contingent:

Page: A panel showing the nanoblob being placed on a very fancy scale by a long pair of tongs. Scientist: “Density is about 930 kg/m3.” A panel showing one of the scientists manning a complicated-looking piece of machinery. Scientist: “The sample we took self-destructed when it got separated from the main blob, but joke’s on it: We analyzed the scraps and determined it’s made out of mostly carbon with some silicon.” A panel showing the nanoblob inside a microwave-like device. Scientist: “When we cooled it slightly, it heated itself back up, and when we heated it slightly, it started slowly falling apart, which is poor performance even for nanobots, which aren’t exactly heat-resistant at the best of times.” A panel showing a scientist looking at Peter. “We’re waiting for your ideas on further tests, since this thing hasn’t “gone crazy” like some other nanogoo samples.”

Ideas for further testing?

The Man of Stone:

Page: A panel showing Thrak looking at the approaching club-armed cavemen. Thrak: “You no need do this! You have Freedom of Choose!” (Wits check: 4-2(hard) = 2) A panel showing one of the cavemen looking angrily at Thrak. Caveman: “Freedom of Choose ought be used for good, not bad! Disobey chiefs is bad!” A panel showing the cavemen almost at the rock.

Do Thrak think something wrong with caveman logic?

Ringer:

Page: A panel showing the amnesiac man running away from the blond man. A panel showing the blond man standing in place and launching another fire-punch. (Physique check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing the amnesiac man dodging it. A panel showing the blond man running after the amnesiac man. (Physique check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing the amnesiac man running in the foreground and the blond man running while launching a fire-punch in the background. (Physique check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing the amnesiac man dodging it. (Physique check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing the amnesiac man running in the foreground and the blond man running while launching a fire-punch in the background. (Physique check: 5+0 = 5) A panel showing the amnesiac man dodging it. Amnesiac Man: (Wait… I know how to do that punch! I don’t know how, but that sounds like a question for later.)

What are the amnesiac man’s plans for survival?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2019, 01:20:38 am »

”Fine. do what you will, but believe me when I say that there is something fishy going on, and that I have been clean my entire life.
Something is wrong with those results, maybe a mislabeling, maybe something far more malicious. Do me a favor, and Do a surprise test next month or the month after.
I’d bet my job someone else comes up positive, but you already took it from me. Best of luck to you, sir.”

I’m not going to press the point regarding my job. if they wanna fire me, so be it. but there is something fishy going on, and I should at least try to talk them into doing another test to confirm it.
Afterwards, head home and start searching for a new Job. maybe i’ll find something in a less drug-ridden part of town.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 01:26:42 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2019, 02:06:19 am »

Victor seeing the sign and knew this would be the start if he wanted to live a better life and thus enters the store
"I saw that you had a help wanted sign and I was wondering if I can get a job here"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2019, 02:25:55 am »

Explore the tombs of the ancient pyramids, anything about ancient civilizations culture/symbology that looks interesting that Orion can take a quick pic on his phone while trying to get as many picture as possible, while exploring the depths Orion whistle a chill tune.
”These relics of a long gone age would surely help me with my graphic art inspiration”
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 05:22:37 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2019, 04:24:09 am »

Touch the glowing tombstone
”Hmmm, I wonder why this is glowing”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2019, 05:32:55 am »

"So much time and effort wasted because I didn't take a few second to make sure I wouldn't trip on this stupid cord, but its to late to get upset about it now."
First he'd have to clean up all the broken glass, ruined samples, and probably some blood, then make sure he didn't contaminate anything around the area of the accident and make sure he wouldn't trip on the cord again, after all that was done he'd need to go check on the lab animals.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2019, 06:18:01 am »

Falcon Punch Fireball punch blondy in the face.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2019, 11:47:06 pm »

Thrall call out to other cavemen.

"They can kill me, but no can killl justice! Remember what I say! Cavepeople can be free!"

Persuade the cavemen to remember my ideals.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2019, 08:56:28 am »

(Sorry, I’m in probably too many games right now).

Upon awakening, it took Octavian a moment to regain his bearings again. The first thing he needed to do, of course, was figure out if this world really was a world, and not just another room - albeit a large one - of the demented Mansion.

After that was to find a library and learn what he could.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2019, 01:49:18 pm »

"Well that's interesting. From what we can tell so far it seems mostly inert. Completely inactive or just dormant I can't say. Let's try to provoke it. Bring in a rat!"

See how the nanogoo reacts to proximity to life: specifically a common lab rat.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12