Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Silver Age Superhero RTD  (Read 15394 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Age Superhero RTD
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2019, 07:40:31 pm »

interested in playing, but worried about GM overload from too many players. Waitlist me?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2019, 07:57:02 pm »

interested in playing, but worried about GM overload from too many players. Waitlist me?

Alright. Want to make a charsheet now, or later?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2019, 08:01:03 pm »

Ill be making one over the next several days since not in a rush. If you want me to hop in soon then i can expedite it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2019, 12:32:53 pm »

What. Did I. Just. Drink?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2019, 06:23:54 pm »

The Negotiator:

Page: Several panels of Ethan looking at his shift manager. Ethan: “Fine. Do what you will, but believe me when I say that there is something fishy going on, and that I have been clean my entire life.” Ethan: “Something is wrong with those results, maybe a mislabelling, maybe something far more malicious. Do me a favor, and do a surprise test next month or the month after.” Ethan: “I’d bet my job someone else comes up positive, but you already took it from me. Best of luck to you, sir.” (Wits check: 4-1(doubt) = 3) A panel of the shift manager looking contemplative. Shift Manager: “Maybe in two months, if the drug wave hasn’t stopped by then.”
Page: A panel of Ethan walking out of Bullseye. A panel of Ethan driving. A panel of Ethan looking at a newspaper. (Wits check: 5+1(easy) = 6) The headline “Emergency Services Expanding” is visible. Ethan: (Hmm. Another store clerk opening, and an opening at someplace called Vernon’s Tile and Terrace, but nothing much else.)

Are either of those good enough for Ethan?

The Stranger:

Page: A panel of the unkempt man entering the store. A panel of a man with a goatee looking up from a counter. Unkempt Man: “I saw that you had a Help Wanted sign and I was wondering if I could get a job here.” (Wits check: 3-1(appearance)+2(easy) = 4) Goatee Man: “Of course! It’s somewhat strenuous work, but the starting salary is good. Now, let me just get the paperwork out…” A panel of the man with a goatee placing a few sheets of paper on the counter. Goatee Man: “Now, I’ll need to know a few standard pieces of information. Name, previous work experience, long-term health conditions, that sort of thing.”

What does Victor say in response?

Anathema:

Page: Several panels of Orion walking through the pyramid, taking pictures on his phone as he goes. (Resilience check: 4+0 = 4) A panel of him looking down a sloping hallway. (Wits check: 5+1(easy) = 6) Orion: (There’s something down that hallway. An artifact of Ancient Egypt. I can feel it somehow…)

What does Orion do with this new piece of knowledge?

The Lifebringer:

Page: A panel of Dora reaching her hand towards the tombstone. Dora: “Hmm. I wonder why this is glowing…” A zoomed-in panel of Dora’s fingers about to make contact. A zoomed-in panel of Dora’s fingers touching the tombstone. A zoomed-in panel of Dora’s fingers brightly glowing the same shade of purple. A zoomed in panel of Dora’s fingers returning almost to normal.
Page: ([unknown]’s Physique check: 5-2(hard) = 3) A splash panel of a tanned hand punching out of a grave nearby, as Dora glances over in surprise.

Wait, what?!?

Dr. Mutagen:

Page: Several panels of Burt cleaning up the lab. A panel of Burt moving the extension cord to one side. A panel of Burt walking over to the lab animal cages. (Wits check: 4-1(hard) = 3) The lab animals look the same as always. Burt: (Something feels different about the lab animals. Maybe they’re just scared…)

What does Burt do now?

Ringer:

Page: A panel showing the amnesiac man turning around. A panel zooming in on the amnesiac man’s arm throwing a twisting punch. (Precision (Magnitude) check: 6+0, 7+0 = 6, 7) A panel showing a fireball shoot from the amnesiac man’s fist. (Blond man’s Physique check: 3-1(surprise)-1(speed)-1(accuracy) = 0) A panel showing the fireball slam into the blond man’s face, reversing his momentum and sending him crashing onto the floor.
Page: A splash panel showing a German man extending a hand towards the amnesiac man from behind. The amnesiac man is in the foreground, looking anxious. In the background are several shadowy figures. German Man: “Good show, good show! Excellent performance!”

To punch, or not to punch?

The Man of Stone:

Page: A panel showing Thrak on top of the rock as a caveman steps onto it next to him. Thrak: “They can kill me, but no can kill justice! Remember what I say! Cavepeople can be free!” (Caveman’s Wits check: 2+0 = 2) A panel showing the caveman looking angrily at Thrak. (Wits check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing some of the cavemen in the crowd writing with lumps of coal on animal hide. A panel showing the cavemen close in on Thrak. A panel showing one place a hand over Thrak’s mouth.

It seems that the time for speeches is over. What now?

The Traveler:

Page: A panel showing Octavian open his eyes. Octavian: (Is this some form of dream, or merely another room, just unimaginable in scale?) (Wits check: 3+2(easy)) = 5) A panel showing Octavian rise to his feet. Octavian: (No. No dream is this, and never even at the height of the Mansion’s power did I encounter a room of this size.) Several panels of Octavian trudging through the field of grain. (Resilience check: 3+0 = 3) Octavian: (This farm is truly large. The master of these fields is likely a person of great import.)

What does Octavian seek, and how will he reach it?

Contingent:

Page: A panel showing Peter looking at the scientist. Peter: “Seems mostly inert, whether active or dormant I can’t say. Let’s see how it reacts to life that’s not in one of these suits. Bring in a lab rat!” A panel showing a scientist putting a bungee harness on a lab rat. A panel showing Peter, standing next to the pedestal, slowly lowering the rat onto the nanogoo using a pulley system, while scientists look on through various scopes. A zoomed-in panel showing one of the rat’s paws touch the nanogoo. A zoomed-in panel showing the nanogoo surge up around the rat, trapping it. Scientist: “Fascinating! The X-ray apparatus shows us that the rat remains unharmed; the nanogoo seems to be evaluating it in some manner.” A panel showing the rat be tossed out of the nanogoo… (Physique check: 4-1(surprise) = 3) and barely miss Peter. Peter flails around in momentary surprise… (Physique check: 4+0 = 4) but recovers his balance. In the background, one of the scientists is placing the rat in a cage. Scientist: “Well, I don’t think this rat passed the test.” Other Scientist: “Do you think the nanogoo meant to do that?”

Any other tests?

Cuddle Team Leader:

Page: A panel of Sofia staring at the man in a lab coat with a mixture of shock and anger. Sofia: “What. Did I. Just drink?” Lab Coat Man: “To use a simplified term: Pure energy.” A panel showing the man in a lab coat, slightly worried. Lab Coat Man: “Inside the mass-energy equivalence field, it behaved like a liquid, but now that you, well, drank it, there’s no telling what it’ll decay into.” A panel showing the man in a lab coat, contemplative. “Of course, “decay” might not be the right word…”

Does that answer the question?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2019, 06:28:00 pm »

Alright, first things first, look for a structure somewhere. Even if it's far away, it at least probably won't be wheat-colored (or green, for that matter). After that, it's just a matter of walking for a while.
Nothing particularly difficult.

I suppose I shouldn't have started by looking for a library. :p
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2019, 06:32:28 pm »

Go towards the source!, make sure to get shots of the glowing stones on the hallway. Orion need to see what’s interesting there.
”Something glowing a color down here?, maybe it could fetch a good price on a online store.”

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2019, 06:43:45 pm »

"no problem, is it okay if i don't put down a last name?"
otherwise Victor fills in other things like previous job experience as odd-jobs, and health problems as unknown
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2019, 06:45:05 pm »

Continue watching the hand

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2019, 01:43:14 am »

((I'll be editing in a character sheet here, but I do most posting by phone. I'm taking advantage of being on my laptop at the moment to collect materials in one spot for reference before I make the character sheet proper, since my plan is to re-use a character from a dead game.))
Charsheet ready

Ignore this middle section except to get context on this character's previous incarnation.
IC thread
SG / OOC thread
Character application
Spoiler: Profile (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: backstory (click to show/hide)
Note: requesting air manipulation powers for the character.
Character PM
Spoiler: Wraith (click to show/hide)

Charsheet for this game below, now ready for review.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 02:38:10 pm by Lenglon »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2019, 08:02:22 am »

First I have to feed and water them, then investigate this feeling by observing them for a minute then by touching them and seeing how they react to it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2019, 08:08:09 am »

((I'll be editing in a character sheet here, but I do most posting by phone. I'm taking advantage of being on my laptop at the moment to collect materials in one spot for reference before I make the character sheet proper, since my plan is to re-use a character from a dead game.))

IC thread
SG / OOC thread
Character application
Spoiler: Profile (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: backstory (click to show/hide)
Note: requesting air manipulation powers for the character.
Character PM
You can have the power, you need to mention how you gained the power

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2019, 10:33:40 am »

-snip-
you should check context rather than reply to a quote from 2017. I'm still building the charsheet, as stated at the top of the post you quoted.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2019, 10:46:02 am »

Attempt to fight off my captors and escape.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2019, 01:25:40 pm »

-snip-
you should check context rather than reply to a quote from 2017. I'm still building the charsheet, as stated at the top of the post you quoted.
Sprry
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12