Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Silver Age Superhero RTD  (Read 15736 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Age Superhero RTD
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2019, 02:13:55 pm »

-snip-
Sprry
no problem. Sheet"s done now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2019, 03:58:36 pm »

"Well it ejected that rat with far more force than needed, so it can't have been accidental. And furthermore it aimed it in my direction specifically. It seems safe to say that that was on purpose. I'm thinking this nanogoo may be a symbiote or parasite type, intended to take a human host based on how it targeted me. Check the rat, it might be stuffed full of of nanogoo or something. Everyone remember your minimum distance protocols, assume this is a symbiote or parasite type until we prove otherwise."

Give the rat a more thorough examination, checking to see if there's nanogoo inside it. Ensure everyone follows the minimum safe distance protocols.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2019, 04:23:11 pm »

Were it possible to start either job the same day, he might have sprung for them. however, due to the nature of the employment process, it could take upwards of a week, possibly two or three before he would get the job, and another week before he got his first paycheck. he did not have a week to spare.

the other half of that problem was the drug test. Even though he knew there had to be some kind of error, anyone who checked the records would see it as a black mark, which might bar him from even a low-tier job such as the tile and terrace shop.

With a sigh of defeat, he turns the paper to the article about the emergency services expanding, and starts pondering which would be worse to him: losing his vehicle, his remaining lunch and gas money, or his house.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2019, 04:25:51 pm »

Well that’s hardly a question

Fire punch and run.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2019, 12:40:05 pm »

Ramirez was... pretty much just trying to hold herself together.

"So... what happens now?"

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2019, 01:03:04 am »

The Traveler:

Page: A panel of Octavian putting his hand above his eyes, squinting, with wheat stalks visible at the bottom of the panel. (Wits check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing the roof of a barn, barely visible above densely packed stalks of corn. Octavian: (This plant is unlike any I have ever heard tell of.) A panel showing Octavian walking out of the wheat field and into the corn field. Several panels of Octavian pushing his way through the corn field. (Resilience check: 3+0 = 3) Octavian: (Though these plants stymie me, my destination is near.)

What’s Octavian’s plan for “first contact”?

Anathema:

Page: Several panels of Orion walking down the hallway, taking pictures of the walls. (Resilience check: 4+0 = 4) A panel of Orion coming to a corner, with a faint yellow light visible. A panel of Orion walking around the corner. A panel of Orion looking into a doorway. A panel of a room covered in hieroglyphics, with one pedestal in the center holding a small bronze statue of a coiled snake that glows with a faint yellow light.

What to do with the statue?

The Stranger:

Page: A panel of the unkempt man filling out the form. The word “Victor” is visible in the section marked “Name”. Victor: “Is it okay if I don’t put down a last name?” Goatee Man: “Hm? Oh, sure.” A panel of the man with a goatee looking over the form. (Wits check: 2+1(easy) = 3) Goatee Man: “Health problems… unknown?” A panel showing the man with a goatee look at Victor contemplatively. Goatee Man: “I’m sorry, but I can’t in good conscience hire you… until you’ve been checked over by a medical professional. Luckily for you, the miracles of modern medical technology made last year’s universal healthcare law possible without digging the country any deeper in debt.”

What does Victor do as a result of that conversation?

The Lifebringer:

Page: A panel of Dora staring at the hand in surprise. ([unknown]’s Physique check: 4-2(hard) = 2) A panel of Dora staring at the hand in shock. ([unknown]’s Physique check: 3-2(hard) = 1) ([unknown]’s Physique check: 4+0 = 4) A panel of Dora staring at the hand in confusion as it wobbles slightly. ([unknown]’s Physique check: 5-2(hard) = 3) A panel of Dora stepping backward as another hand reaches out of the ground. ([unknown]’s Physique check: 4-2(hard) = 2) A panel of Dora looking at the hands in horror. ([unknown]’s Physique check: 3-2(hard) = 1) ([unknown]’s Physique check: 4-1(hard) = 3) A zoomed-in panel of the hands slipping back into the ground slightly. ([unknown]’s Physique check: 3-2(hard) = 1) ([unknown]’s Physique check: 4-2(hard) = 2) A panel of the hands reaching back up again. ([unknown]’s Physique check: 5-2(hard) = 3) A panel of the ground all around the hands cracking and lifting upward slightly.

Two hands: Better, or worse, than one?

Dr. Mutagen:

Page: Several panels of Burt feeding the animals. A panel of Burt stretching his hand into a rabbit’s cage, about to touch it. A zoomed-in panel of Burt touching the rabbit. (Precision (Magnitude) check: 3+0 = 3, 6+0 = 6) A panel of the rabbit’s fur turning green. A few panels of the rabbit morphing into a rabbit-sized hamster.

Wait, what?!?

The Man of Stone:

Page: A zoomed-in panel showing Thrak’s eyes narrow. [Lesser tyranny may be opposed with words. But greater tyranny can only be deposed by force.] (Physique contest: 4+1(surprise) = 5 vs 5+0 = 5) A panel showing Thrak slip away from the caveman. (Physique contest: 6+1(surprise) = 7 vs 4+0 = 4) A panel showing Thrak punch the caveman in the jaw as four cavemen form a circle around the rock in the background. (Caveman’s Physique check: 5-3(strength of blow) = 2) A panel showing the caveman stagger backward. (Physique contest: 6+0 = 6 vs 4-1(dazed) = 3) A panel showing Thrak punch the caveman in the chest. (Caveman’s Physique check: 4-3(strength of blow)-1(injuries) = 0) A panel showing the caveman thrown off the rock by the force of the punch. In the background, it is shown that the crowd had fled or dispersed.
Page: A panel showing a pair of cavemen move towards Thrak. (Physique contest: 5+0 = 5 vs 4+1(numbers) = 5) A panel showing Thrak block a punch from one of the cavemen. (Physique contest: 4+0 = 4 vs 5+1(numbers) = 6) A panel showing the other caveman punch Thrak in the chest. (Physique check: 5-2(strength of blow) = 3) A panel showing Thrak take a step back. (Physique contest: 6+0 = 6 vs 5+1(numbers) = 6) A panel showing Thrak block a punch from one of the cavemen. (Physique contest: 5+0 = 5 vs 5+1(numbers) = 6) A panel showing the other caveman punch Thrak in the shoulder. (Physique check: 5-2(strength of blow)-1(injuries) = 2) A panel showing Thrak stagger backward, dazed. (Physique contest: 4-1(injuries) = 3 vs 3+1(numbers) = 4) A panel showing a caveman punch Thrak in the arm. (Physique check: 6-1(strength of blow)-2(injuries) = 3) A panel showing Thrak take a step back. (Physique contest: 6+0 = 6 vs 4+1(numbers) = 5) A panel showing Thrak punch one of the cavemen in the arm. (Caveman’s Physique check: 3-1(strength of blow) = 2) A panel showing the caveman take a step back, cradling his arm. (Physique contest: 4+0 = 4 vs 4+0 = 4) A panel showing Thrak block a punch from a lone caveman. (Physique contest: 5+0 = 5 vs 5+1(numbers) = 6) A panel showing the other caveman punch Thrak in the shoulder. (Physique check: 6-1(strength of blow)-3(injuries) = 2) A panel showing Thrak stagger backward, dazed. (Physique contest: 4-1(injuries) = 3 vs 5+1(numbers) = 6) A panel showing one of the cavemen punch Thrak in the head. (Physique check: 4-3(strength of blow)-4(injuries) = -3)
Page: A splash panel showing Thrak fall backward as his eyes roll back into his head.
Page: A panel showing the cavemen dragging Thrak away. [The blow was powerful, but cavemen have survived worse injuries.] A panel showing the cavemen present a restrained Thrak to a shadowed figure wearing a strange headdress as firelight warms the night. A panel showing Thrak in a cage suspended over a cliff as dawn grows near. A panel showing a worried caveman slip Thrak a club through the bars of the cage. Worried Caveman: “Fight sea dinosaurs. Beat sea dinosaurs. If not, we remember you.” A panel showing the worried caveman sneak off. A panel showing a team of cavemen use a pulley system to let the cage fall into the water. A panel showing the cage slowly sinking as Thrak holds his breath. [But Thrak did not drown, and he was not eaten by sea dinosaurs. Instead, the water froze around him and he was trapped in an iceberg for thousands of years.]

What event caused Thrak’s iceberg to melt, and what does he wake up to?

Contingent:

Page: A panel of Peter looking at the scientist. Peter: “What? Of course it did. Could be a symbiote or parasite type, someone check the rat for nanogoo. Remember your minimum distance protocols, everyone!” Several panels of scientists analyzing the rat. A panel of a scientist looking at Peter. Scientist: “There’s no nanogoo inside the rat, but we’ve found residue in the brain. It seems that the nanogoo probed the rat’s brain and decided, based on the results, to eject it. Which supports your theory, considering that most symbiote/parasite nanogoos only accept human hosts.”

What to try next?

The Negotiator:

Page: A panel of Ethan sighing in defeat. A panel of Ethan looking over the newspaper article. Several panels of Ethan staring off into the distance with a sad expression on his face. A panel showing a knock at the door. Ethan: (Who could that be?)

Is Ethan going to answer the door?

Ringer:

Page: A panel showing the expression of the amnesiac man change to panic. (Precision (Magnitude) check: 5+0, 5+0 = 5, 5) (The German man’s Physique check: 3-1(surprise)-1(point-blank) = 1) A panel showing the amnesiac man whip around and punch the German man in the face. A panel showing the German man collapse onto the ground. A panel showing the amnesiac man running towards a door. (Shadowy figures’ Wits check: 3-1(surprise) = 2) A panel showing the amnesiac man run through the door. (Wits check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing the amnesiac man slam the door behind him and slide a deadbolt into place.

Any specific strategies for finding an exit?

Cuddle Team Leader:

Page: A panel showing a shaking Sofia look at the man in a lab coat. Sofia: “So… What happens now?” Lab Coat Man: “Now, I take you to this laboratory’s containment/analysis tank and we see whether or not you’ve developed a case of radiation poisoning and/or a phenomenon that I call “contagious lethal luminescence”. Probably not that second one.” A panel showing the man in a lab coat briskly walking to another location in the laboratory, with Sofia following behind anxiously. A panel showing Sofia stepping through a large metal door with several gadgets attached. A panel showing the man in a lab coat type something into one of the gadgets as the door seals.
Page: A splash panel showing Sofia looking at a television screen showing the man in a lab coat. Lab Coat Man: “So, it could be an hour or so before the other experiments are stable and everyone can help with the tests. Want anything while you wait?”

Such as, say, a soda?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2019, 01:30:50 am »

Victor being fine with a check up and happy about the universal healthcare law
"can you tell me where the nearest health clinic is then?"
if he does victor will leave while saying he'll come back after he gets a check up from the doctor
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2019, 03:18:01 am »

Is there any need to even ask?, Orion shall grab the coiled snake totem and switch it with something of weight on the pedestal, with Orion’s hefty water bottle.
”Now this thing does look clearly interesting and in the center of the room, it just must be touched....”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2019, 06:30:08 am »

Dora grabs onto the two hands, and begins to pull them up

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2019, 07:09:23 am »

First off, Octavian will be starting with English, since that’s what everyone else in the Mansion spoke; if he is answered in some other language, he will switch to that. Aside from that, be polite, and ask about my whereabouts in both space and time, as well as for directions to the nearest population center where I might be able to learn more.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2019, 07:43:25 am »

"Um what the hell just happened?"
He'd touch it a few more times to see if it kept changing, then he'd go check the air to make sure there weren't any contaminants or hallucinogens in it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2019, 02:24:12 pm »

Thrak floated around in his iceberg for countless summers, until finally being recovered by a museum for study. Thrak was then brought to the city in which our story takes place and left in a refrigerated chamber. At that point, a freak electrical accident shut down the heat pump. Thrak was freed into the modern world. But, what other strange creatures had been frozen along with him?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 02:37:25 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2019, 04:10:07 pm »

"Let's assume it's a parasite or symbiotic type for now. Bring in a lab-grown cloned human brain and see what it does to that."

This.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2019, 10:48:38 pm »

Ethan would answer the door, albeit not expecting any visitors. he had to wonder who would actually want to visit him given his current predicament.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2019, 07:37:39 am »

Try think. If I was a... underground fighting ring, I guess, where would I put the exit.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12