Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Silver Age Superhero RTD  (Read 15752 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Age Superhero RTD
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2019, 05:19:47 pm »

I... I could go for like, a soda I guess?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2019, 12:42:57 am »

The Stranger:

Page: A panel showing Victor looking at the man with a goatee, relieved. Victor: “Can you tell me where the nearest clinic is, then?” Goatee Man: “It’s to the south of here, on Sherman Street. You can’t miss it.” A panel showing Victor leaving the building, looking back at the man with a goatee. Victor: “I’ll come back here with a doctor’s note as soon as I can.” Several panels showing Victor walking through the city. In the last panel, a street sign saying “Sherman Street” is visible. A panel showing a medium-sized hospital, about three floors. A panel showing Victor walking through a set of double doors. A panel showing a receptionist sitting behind a desk looking at Victor. Receptionist: “Do you have an appointment?”

No, but how to arrange one?

Anathema:

Page: A panel showing Orion walk into the room. A panel showing Orion bend over to look at the statue. A panel showing Orion hold a water bottle next to the statue. A panel showing Orion gently grasp the statue while holding the water bottle in the other hand. (Wits check: 3-4(hard) = -1) A panel showing Orion lift up the statue and place down the water bottle. A panel showing Orion holding the statue in both hands. A panel showing Orion looking in slight disappointment at the statue. Orion: (Oh. I was expecting something to happen. Ah well, I’ve still got something like a month left in Egypt.)

Now that he has the statue, what will Orion do with it?

The Lifebringer:

Page: A panel showing Dora grabbing onto the hands. ([unknown]’s Physique check: 4-2(hard) = 2) (Physique check: 4-2(hard) = 2) A panel showing Dora tugging the hands out of the ground, with a large dust cloud appearing. A panel showing the dust cloud dissipate, revealing an old man sitting in a pile of loose earth where a grave used to be. Old Man: “Excuse me, miss, but do you know what’s going on?”

Wait, what?!?!?

Traveler:

Page: A panel showing Octavian push his way out of the cornfield. A panel showing the barn nearby, with a farmer sitting in a chair. A panel showing the farmer sit up, and start walking towards Octavian. Farmer: “Well hello there traveler.” A panel showing Octavian looking at the farmer. Octavian: “May I inquire as to my whereabouts in space and time, and as to the location of the nearest population center?” (Wits check: 3+0 = 3) Farmer: “Well, you’re in Kansas, a proud state of the United States of America, and we’re in the twentieth century Anno Domini. Topeka’s the capitol, about twenty miles north of here. But may I ask what brings you to my farmstead? You aren’t one o’ them alien invaders, are you?”

Well? Are you?

Dr. Mutagen:

Page: A panel showing Burt look at the hamster in shock. Burt: “What on earth just happened?” A panel showing Burt tentatively touch the hamster. Burt: (The feeling’s clearer now… it’s a feeling of control. No. No, this can’t be happening.) A panel of Burt dragging a stepladder over to the air vents. Burt: (There’s gotta be some sort of hallucinogen in the air ducts. A prank or something.) A panel of Burt waving a scanner tube in the air vents while standing on the stepladder. Burt: (It’s coming up negative for contaminants… that can’t be right!)

What now?

The Man of Stone:

Page: A panel showing Thrak frozen in ice, with a club to one side. A zoomed-out panel showing a research ship about two hundred feet long sailing through the water. [Thrak’s iceberg was eventually discovered, chiselled apart, and taken to a museum for study.] A panel showing Thrak and his club frozen in ice inside a metal chamber. [Thrak was stored in a refrigerated chamber for a few years, until a freak electrical accident shut off the power for the museum, disabling the heat pump of Thrak’s chamber and the air conditioning of the entire building.] Several panels showing the ice melting, causing Thrak to collapse onto the floor. A panel showing Thrak sit up, still a little dazed from his thousands of years in ice. Thrak: (This place big cage? Thrak escape.) A panel showing Thrak grabbing his club and taking a swing at the door. A panel showing the door fly off its hinges into the hallway, noticeably dented. A panel showing Thrak wander through the hallway. Thrak: (Thrak hear something ahead.)
Page: A splash panel showing a wooly mammoth cornering two museum employees against the wall of a circular hallway junction. Thrak is visible in the background, surprised.

What Thrak do?

Contingent:

Page: A panel of Peter looking at the scientist. Peter: “Let’s assume it’s a parasite or symbiotic type for now. Bring in a lab-grown cloned human brain and see what it does to that.” A panel of Peter lowering a brain onto the nanogoo pedestal using the same pulley system. A panel showing the nanogoo engulfing the brain. A panel showing the nanogoo having engulfed the brain. A panel showing the nanogoo extend a tendril down to the floor. A panel showing the nanogoo travel down along the tendril with the brain inside. A panel showing the nanogoo travel back up to the pedestal, leaving the brain on the floor. A panel showing the nanogoo starting to bob up and down. A panel showing a scientist looking at Peter. Scientist: “Well, that’s new.”

How will Peter respond to this new phenomenon?

The Negotiator:

Page: A panel showing Ethan get up to answer the door. Ethan: (I’m not expecting visitors.) A panel showing Ethan standing with his hand on the doorknob. Ethan: (Who would want to visit someone in my predicament?) A panel showing Ethan open the door to reveal two police officers. An Officer: “Mister Ethan Summers, you are under arrest for the possession and selling of illegal drugs.”

What thoughts race through Ethan’s mind?

Ringer:

Page: A panel showing the amnesiac man walking down a hallway. Amnesiac Man: (If I was an… underground… fighing ring? Where would my exit be?) (Wits check: 5-2(hard) = 3) A panel showing the amnesiac man turn a corner. Amnesiac Man: (I guess I go for… the brighter paths? The sloping-up ones?)

What does the amnesiac man plan to do once he gets out?

Cuddle Team Leader:

Page: A panel showing Sofia looking at the screen. Sofia: “I… I could go for like, a soda I guess?” Lab Coat Man: “Got it.” A panel showing the screen turn off. A panel showing Sofia lying on a cot. A panel showing a drawer pop out of a wall with a soda inside. A panel showing Sofia drinking the soda with the drawer back in the wall. A panel showing the screen turn on, showing the man in a lab coat. Lab Coat Man: “So, we’ve run some tests, and you’re not dying, or even injured. That leaves only one possible change: Superpowers. Kind of obvious in hindsight, really. Will you accept a sponsorship from Vindertech? There’s, in all likelihood, no organization better equipped to support your specific powers.”

What does Sofia say to this offer?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2019, 12:52:36 am »

"No i don't but i'm here to arrange one soon as possible"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2019, 01:14:50 am »

”You were dead at one point. Apparently that glowing tombstone I found gave me the power to reverse death. My name is Dora, what’s yours?”
(I know this is weird, raising the dead, but this is just like talking to someone who hasn’t died. Might as well introduce myself)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 03:35:15 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2019, 01:17:16 am »

Welp Orion grabs the water bottle and snake artifact back and puts it into his satchel, if traps run as hell away from them, if not Orion shall have a indolent walk out of the pyramid.
”Hmm, maybe a closer inspection back at my hotel room will help me understand the true value of this thing. Getting, exhausted now and a good rest seems good now”

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2019, 09:24:29 am »

...I don’t believe so? I’m still trying to figure out what’s happened, to be honest. I do assure you, however, that I’m not here to invade anything.
Octavian has an idea.
...what’s the current situation with Rome?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2019, 10:07:22 am »

”This is a joke, right? I haven’t even touched drugs, let alone sold them. where’s your evidence and your warrant? you should at least have those to show before you arrest me!”
This confirms my earlier suspicions. Someone has framed me. The questions are who and why. Another question is why would they target me with both an arrest and a firing with similar causes when my background has been clean of any illicit substances since I was born, let alone hopping between jobs for 6 years.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2019, 11:18:35 am »

"Look out! I save you from mammoth!"

Get between the people and the mammoth, and use my caveman survival skills to placate it. If that doesn't work, use my club to chase it off.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2019, 02:13:28 pm »

"Well that's disturbingly intelligent. Wait to see if it takes any other actions of its own accord."

Observe!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2019, 01:17:59 pm »

First he'd test the rabbit/hampster's food and water to see if it was contaminated, then test the rabbit/hamster things DNA to see if it has been altered, and just in case he'd test his own DNA to see if he was the cause.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2019, 09:12:52 am »

I think I’ll check myself in to an insane asylum.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2019, 03:12:23 pm »

While on the outside it may look like she was in deep consideration, in her head ran scene after scene from her childhood fantasies. The adventures of Princess Power where many, and... confusing.

Well, it's not like I've got a reason not too.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2019, 01:39:01 am »

The Stranger:

Page: A panel showing Victor looking at the receptionist. Victor: “No I don’t, but I’m here to arrange one as soon as possible.” A panel showing the receptionist looking at Victor. Receptionist: “And what name shall I put it under?” Victor: “Victor.” A panel showing the receptionist looking at Victor strangely. Receptionist: “Alright, take a seat over there and wait until a doctor is available.” A panel showing Victor sitting in a chair in a row of chairs near the desk. A panel showing the receptionist looking at Victor in the chair. Receptionist: “The doctor will see you now.” A panel showing Victor in an examination room with a doctor looking at him. A panel showing Victor sticking his mouth open while the doctor shines a penlight into it. A panel showing Victor doing jumping jacks as the doctor looks on. A panel showing the doctor handing Victor a piece of paper. (Wits vs Precision contest: 5-1(not obvious) = 4 vs 5+0 = 5) The Doctor: “Well, Victor, looks like I can give you a clean bill of health. Here’s a document for your employer.” Several panels showing Victor walking through the city. A panel showing Victor heading back inside Genescent Postproduction Services. A panel showing the man with a goatee look up from some papers. Goatee Man: “Ah, you’re back with a doctor’s note?”

Presumably, yes?

The Lifebringer:

Page: A panel showing Dora look at the old man. “You were dead at one point. Apparently that glowing tombstone I found gave me the power to reverse death. My name is Dora, what’s yours?” A panel showing the old man look into the distance thoughtfully. Old Man: “Let’s see… population, three billion or so, times one day out of, what was it, fifty years, minus one day divided by… one second, perhaps?” A panel showing the old man jerk his head up in surprise. “Oh! It’s Jebediah.” A panel showing the old man go back to looking into the distance thoughtfully. Old Man: “That works out to… about one hundred and eighty thousand minus eighty-six thousand, four hundred. Not good enough. Ah… how long did your power take to work, again?”

What does Dora say to Jebediah’s rambling calculations?

Anathema:

Page: A panel showing Orion grab the water bottle back up. A panel showing Orion put the water bottle and snake statue into his satchel. Orion: (Well, that was anticlimactic. You’d think they wouldn’t have gotten around to removing the traps.) Several panels showing Orion strolling back through the pyramid. (Wits check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing Orion exiting the pyramid. Orion: (Well, good thing I could remember the way back. I think I’ll take a closer look at that thing in my hotel room.) Several panels showing Orion riding in a tour bus. A panel showing Orion entering a hotel room.

Anything interesting to do, or timeskip?

Traveler:

Page: A panel showing Octavian look at the farmer. Octavian: “I don’t believe so? I’m still trying to figure out what happened, to be honest. I do assure you, however, that I’m not here to invade anything.” A panel showing Octavian smile, having gotten an idea. A panel showing Octavian look at the farmer. Octavian: “What’s the current situation with Rome?” (Wits check: 4+0 = 4) Farmer: “It’s the capital of the Italian Republic, of course. Twenty-seven centuries old and still standing.”

The what Republic?

The Negotiator:

Page: A panel showing Ethan look at the officers. Ethan’s face is not visible. Ethan: “This is a joke, right? I haven’t even touched drugs, let alone sold them. Where’s your evidence and your warrant? You should at least have those to show before you arrest me!” A panel showing the officer in front look at Ethan in annoyance. An Officer: “We showed a summary of the evidence to a judge, who signed an arrest warrant, which is in the front of the car. That’s how it works. Now are you going to comply?”

Are you?

The Man of Stone:

Page: A panel showing Thrak rushing towards the mammoth. Thrak: “Look out! I save you from mammoth!” A panel showing Thrak grunting and growling at the mammoth, staring it down. Survival (Wits) check: 6-2(difficulty) = 4, 3+0 = 3) A panel showing the mammoth look at Thrak. A panel showing the mammoth turn and head off down a hallway. A panel showing the museum workers look at Thrak in surprise. Museum Worker: “Thank you, but… who are you?”

In unfamiliar world, who Thrak?

Contingent:

Page: Several panels in slight slow-motion showing the nanogoo’s bobbing accelerate. A panel showing Peter look on in shock. Peter: “OH-” Several slow-motion panels showing the nanogoo leap off of the pedestal straight for Peter Pevrett. (Physique contest: 6+0 = 6 vs. 2-1(surprise) = 1) A panel showing the nanogoo slam into and wrap around Peter’s torso and lower arms. [Peter didn’t check the new suit for holes.] A panel showing a square hole on a fingertip of the suit, as nanogoo moves closer to it. A panel showing the nanogoo moving on top of the hole. [If he did, he would have found one.] Several panels showing the nanogoo disappear into the suit through the hole with shock still on Peter’s face, as scientists in the background panic, yell into walkie-talkies, and run out of the glass enclosure. (Physique check: 3-1(difficulty) = 2) A panel showing Peter collapse onto the ground, unconscious.

What does Peter awaken to?

Dr. Mutagen:

Page: A panel showing Burt grab the hamster’s food and water bowls. A panel showing Burt look up from some scientific equipment. Burt: (Nothing in the food and water that could explain this...) A panel showing Burt drawing blood from the hamster with a syringe, wearing gloves. A panel showing Burt drawing blood from another hamster, wearing gloves. A panel showing Burt look up from a different set of scientific equipment. Burt: (Differences between their DNA is at normal levels...) A panel showing Burt drawing blood from himself. A panel showing Burt look up from the same set of scientific equipment as before. (Genetics check: 3+1(equipment) = 4) Burt: (My DNA has definitely changed. I just can’t pick out where.)

What to do now?

The Ringer:

Page: Several panels showing the amnesiac man walk through the building. Amnesiac Man: (It’s strange. I knew how to lock that door, and I know what a door is, but I don’t remember learning that.) Amnesiac Man: (I don’t remember anything, just like a baby. But babies are tiny, and incapable of shooting fire from their hands.) Amnesiac Man: (There’s something that could explain the fire… superpowers. Maybe me and that blond-haired man both have the superpower to launch fire punches.) (Wits check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing the amnesiac man heading up a stairway into a room. A panel showing the amnesiac man climbing up a ladder towards a hatch. A panel showing the amnesiac man crawling out of a hatch to find himself in the middle of a grassy plain.

Which way will the amnesiac man head?

Cuddle Team Leader:

Page: Several panels showing Sofia in deep contemplation. A row of thought bubble-panels below that in a crayon-like style depicting “The Adventures of Princess Power”. A panel showing the man in a lab coat on the screen. Lab Coat Man: “Yes, it’s a life-changing choice. It’s good to think it over a little.” A panel showing Sofia jerking out of her daydreams. Sofia: “What? Oh, uh… yes, I accept.” A panel showing the man in a lab coat on the screen. Lab Coat Man: “Then meet me at the power testing labs- actually, wait, why are you still in there? They should have let you out after they determined you hadn’t contracted contagious lethal luminescence! Hang on, I’ll be right over, and I’ll show you to the power testing labs myself.” A panel showing the screen turn off and Sofia look around at the walls. A panel showing the door open with the man in a lab coat standing in front of it. A panel showing Sofia and the man in a lab coat walk through the laboratory. Lab Coat Man: “Any questions while we’re walking?”

Any questions?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2019, 01:50:01 am »

While in the hotel room with shoddy internet, Orion through his technological era-relative device (say laptop), through a graphical designing application can make “awesome” or pleasant to look at, pieces of graphic art. Utilizing the camera photos and snake totem for inspiration.

“Now this physical piece of art and my camera photos are a great source of photos. Wonder if they could drive my artist’s block to an end.”

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2019, 02:18:54 am »

"Yeah, and there is nothing wrong with me ether" Victor said while showing the doctor's note
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12