Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Silver Age Superhero RTD  (Read 15390 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Age Superhero RTD
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2019, 10:12:57 am »

Not all necromancer need be evil,
nothing says all villains are evil, they’re just less concerned about morals.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 10:17:56 am »

Not all necromancer need be evil,
nothing says all villains are evil, they’re just less concerned about morals.
Ah, I’ve always heard that villains are evil, though good and evil are simply words we use to define actions, so I guess no one is specifically a hero or villain, just...neutral. There are grey zones

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 10:28:52 am »

Yes. hence why the saying “the road to hell is paved with good intentions” exists.
you can have a villain who genuinely means well, but is using immoral or unethical means to try and achieve his goal. equally, you can have a hero who only helps because it furthers his own personal motivations, be they revenge or some other more sinister goal.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 10:31:25 am »

Ethan Summers, Orion Schulz, Peter Pevrett, Burt Goldstine, Dora Trisha: Your sheets look good. But a few questions about the details.

Burt: Does your power require tactile contact, or is it vision-based? Does it affect sapient beings?

Dora: How much of the reanimated being's body and mind remain intact? Do you have any control over them? Does it affect nonsapient beings?

So, would it be accurate to assume we can't be an already established hero?

That assumption would be accurate.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 10:41:11 am »

Dora: How much of the reanimated being's body and mind remain intact? Do you have any control over them? Does it affect nonsapient beings?
It’s as if they never died
I don’t have control over them
It does affect nonsapient beings

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 11:08:18 am »

Alright, so I’m not doing Erin, because I don’t really want to have identical stats to someone else. Instead, have a magic Roman who’s pretty much a jack of all trades.

I’m not sure if this is really quite the quality that there should be in the backstory and catalyst stuff, but hopefully the idea here is clear enough.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:10:12 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 11:13:14 am »

Alright, so I’m not doing Erin, because I don’t really want to have identical stats to someone else. Instead, have a magic Roman who’s pretty much a jack of all trades.

I’m not sure if this is really quite the quality that there should be in the backstory and catalyst stuff, but hopefully the idea here is clear enough.
I didn’t even look at any of the other sheets. Sorry for unintentionally copying your character. Welcome, Octavian

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 11:14:40 am »

I didn’t even look at any of the other sheets. Sorry for unintentionally copying your character. Welcome, Octavian
Huh? No, it was Fal who was doing the scientist character stuff.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 11:40:46 am »

Huh? No, it was Fal who was doing the scientist character stuff.
Oh, sorry, I must have been confused. I think this game will be fun

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 12:26:55 pm »

I still want to put a character in. I’ve got an idea, just need to make it into a sheet.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:32:03 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 12:41:33 pm »

Spoiler: Thrak (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 01:04:07 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 02:30:04 pm »

Do we include our power in the sheet? There’s no special space for it, but some people are doing it so I was wondering.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2019, 03:05:08 pm »

Do we include our power in the sheet? There’s no special space for it, but some people are doing it so I was wondering.
Catalyst is where you include how you got your powers, and what they are

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2019, 03:40:36 pm »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 04:58:56 pm by Failbird105 »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2019, 07:32:28 pm »

All sheets look good so far. The first update will probably be tomorrow if no-one else posts.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12