Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Silver Age Superhero RTD  (Read 15391 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Age Superhero RTD
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2019, 01:02:38 am »

Would like to join if possible.

We've already got a waitlist of two, but you can post a character sheet if you like.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2019, 09:38:45 am »

Take the sabertooth with me and go search for the shadow.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2019, 12:20:13 pm »

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 11:41:17 am by Outsider »
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2019, 01:23:41 pm »

(spoiler=Charsheet)
Name: What name does your character go by?
Alias: What name will the citizens one day cheer?
Backstory: Not the origin story, that’s something different. What life has your character led up to this point, and where are they in life now?
Catalyst: How did your character gain superpowers, and what are they? If the answer to the first question is “Intense training”, what made you go out and do your first act of heroism? If the answer to the first question is “Innate superiority of an alien species”, how did your character get to (and decide to stay on) Earth? This is what you’ll be starting out doing. Details may change depending on your actions, but the broad strokes will stay the same.

You have 18 points to assign to stats to put them between 1 and 5. At most one may be 1, and at most one may be 5.
Physique:
Resilience:
Wits:
Knowledge:
Magnitude:
Precision:

You have as many points for skill stats as your level of Knowledge.
Skills:
(/spoiler)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 31, 2019, 02:56:37 pm »

It appears this was fixed

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2019, 06:44:37 pm »

Fallacy and SM have yet to post.

As amusing as the rolls would be, I can't put that on the waitlist because it violates a part of the rules meant specifically to keep people from being too cartoonish, bouncing from terrible failure to grand success to terrible failure to grand success  again and again.

Huh?
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2019, 07:04:15 pm »

Fallacy and SM have yet to post.

As amusing as the rolls would be, I can't put that on the waitlist because it violates a part of the rules meant specifically to keep people from being too cartoonish, bouncing from terrible failure to grand success to terrible failure to grand success  again and again.

Huh?
I thought the error used to be stats above 5 or stats below 1 apparently that wasn’t the error. Sorry

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2019, 01:16:04 pm »

”Thank you.”

Drink.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2019, 05:43:12 pm »

"Casing... trigger mechanism... fire-suppressant chemical blend..."

Peter does his best to assemble the grenade with what he has available, muttering to himself with each step.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2019, 12:30:15 am »

Traveler:

Page: A panel showing Octavian looking at the farmer. Octavian: “Thank you, quite greatly.” A panel showing Octavian heading into the library. A panel showing Octavian looking at the rows of bookshelves. Several panels of Octavian sitting at a table reading books. (Knowledge check: 3+0 = 3) (Knowledge check: 5+0 = 5) Octavian: (I’m still not quite sure how the world changed this way, but I do now know what it has become.)

What does Octavian do now?

Anathema:

Page: A page full of montage panels showing the rest of Orion’s trip. The snake statue is hidden in each one, and the glow seems to be slowly growing brighter.
Page: A panel showing Orion sitting in a plane. A panel showing Orion driving. A panel showing Orion heading into an apartment. A panel showing Orion place the snake statue down on a table. Orion: (I still don’t know why this is glowing. Maybe now that I’m back home I should look over it more closely.)

But does Orion want to do anything first?

The Negotiator:

Page: A panel showing Ethan look at the judge. Ethan: “I plead not guilty.” A panel showing the judge nod while writing something down. Judge: “Next!” A panel showing Ethan in a room talking to his lawyer. Ethan’s Lawyer: “Let’s go over this one last time. Earlier today was the arraignment. Tomorrow I’ll meet with the prosecutor’s office and try to convince them to drop the charges. And then the day after that is the trial, if I can’t convince them. It may seem like the world is against you, but don’t worry.” A panel showing Ethan’s lawyer leave the room. A panel showing a police officer enter the room, with his shadow visible on the floor. A shadow on the door is visible in the background. Officer: “You’ve got another visitor, actually. Says she’s your girlfriend.”

What does Ethan say to his girlfriend as she walks in?

The Stranger:

Page: Several panels of Victor walking through the city as the sun begins to set. (Street Smarts (Wits) check: 3+1(not many muggers out yet) = 4, 3+0 = 3) A panel showing Victor enter a restaurant. A panel showing Victor looking at a menu. A panel showing Victor eating. A panel showing Victor walking out of the restaurant. In the background, it is shown that the sun has almost set.

Where will Victor sleep for the night?

Dr. Mutagen:

Page: A panel showing Burt looking at the rabbit. Burt: (Can it only repeat words like a parrot, or does it have a preexisting vocabulary? Either way, does it know what the words it’s saying mean?) A panel showing Burt looking at the rabbit. Burt: “What is… food?” A panel showing the rabbit stare blankly at Burt. A panel showing the rabbit stare blankly at Burt. Rabbit: “Food good. Food when hungry.” A panel showing Burt rummaging through a cupboard. Burt: (There’s got to be an IQ test around here… found it!) (Animal Handling check: 1+0 = 1) A panel showing Burt placing a piece of paper in front of the rabbit. Burt: “Put your paw on the correct answer to the first question, okay?” A panel showing the rabbit eating the paper as Burt looks on in shock.

Rabbits: Highly unpredictable?

Cuddle Team Leader:

Page: A panel showing Sofia drop into a running stance. A panel showing Sofia running around the outer edge of the room. (Physique check: 5+2(enhancement) = 7) A panel showing Sofia running around the edge of the room. A slight running-blur effect is visible around the edges of her body. A panel showing Sofia stop in her tracks. Sofia: (Wait. Can I affect myself with this power?) A panel showing Sofia scrunch up her face in concentration. A panel showing Sofia looking slightly disappointed. Sofia: (Nope. Just… doesn’t work.)

Does Sofia have any other ideas to test her powers?

The Lifebringer:

Page: A panel showing Dora look at Jebediah. Dora: “Sorry. Yes, there is a library in the town nearby. Carbondale. We can head there now.” Jebediah: “Well, lead the way, then.” Several panels of Dora and Jebediah walking along a road. (Resilience check: 4+0 = 4) A panel of Dora and Jebediah standing outside a building with a sign over the entrance reading “Carbondale Public Library”. Jebediah: “Out of curiosity, what section do you think I should go for first?”

Does Dora have an opinion on that subject?

The Man of Stone:

Page: A panel showing Thrak standing up and beckoning the sabertooth to follow him. (Survival (Wits) check: 7-2(hard) = 5, 4+0 = 4) Several panels showing Thrak searching through the museum, the sabertooth by his side sniffing the air. (Wits vs. Stealth contest: 4+2(enthusiastic sabertooth) = 6 vs ?) A panel showing Thrak and the sabertooth look into a room. A burglar dressed in black carrying something in front of him is visible inside it, heading to a hallway.

What Thrak do?

Ringer:

Page: A panel showing the amnesiac man looking at the doctor gratefully, outstretching his hand to take the cup. A panel showing the amnesiac man drinking the water. A panel showing the doctor looking at the amnesiac man. Doctor: “If I may ask, what brought you here? You’re not from nearby, or you’d have known how hot it gets.”

How does the amnesiac man respond?

Contingent:

Page: A panel showing Peter sit up. A panel showing Peter head into the laboratory. Several panels showing Peter assembling an object a little bigger than a fist. Peter: “Casing…” Peter: “Trigger mechanism…” Peter: “Fire-suppressant chemical blend…” (Precision (Magnitude) check: 4+0 = 4, 4+0 = 4) A panel showing Peter holding up a blue bottle, grenade-like in shape. It is noticeably not an ordinary bottle, as shown by the grenade-like pin and lever at the neck of the bottle, and the orange pictograms on one side describing its function. A panel showing Peter glance, slightly confused, at the silent speaker in one corner of the room.

What does Peter say to his distant observers?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2019, 12:35:22 am »

(Can I get some explanation of the setting that I learned in-character, please?)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2019, 12:42:12 am »

"Well. I guess I'm a metahuman now. I have to wonder how I can use this gift to help the company. I'm sure the executives are already planning that, though. Anyways, feel free to take the fire-suppressor in for analysis and testing."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2019, 12:44:50 am »

victor heads to the local park where all the other hobos are and enters his tent/cardboard box
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2019, 01:12:33 am »

Orion emails his anthropology professor in the university campus about a weird relic he... acquired from a stall huckster yet doesn’t originate from any known culture, so requesting an appointment to get to the bottom of what Orion acquired. After that he makes sure his entire month trip and it’s essay report are all finalized for the anthropology finals.
“Finally that hassle of a trip is done and my report is basically completed, but that weird relic that I found is still... glowing I wonder.. why though?”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2019, 06:12:21 am »

”maybe history, there have been some things that happened after WW2, such as the Cold War, humans on the moon, nuclear weapons, and the Soviet Union collapsing.”
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12