Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible Glitch? Roc Disappears.  (Read 3185 times)

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
  • Busy Being Worshiped By Alien Pagans
    • View Profile
Possible Glitch? Roc Disappears.
« on: July 25, 2019, 02:18:31 pm »

Just a question for you all. Has anyone noticed a megabeast disappear in the middle of a fight? I doubt it retreated, I've never seen one run. Very strange. Could it because it's part of the Lazy Newb Pack? Is that a glitch from that mod? Very curious. It still says he's in the nearby hillocks, could he have attacked them as an event and then disappeared? I wouldn't really care but I've been ordered to slay it.

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Glitch? Roc Disappears.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 02:46:05 pm »

Absolutely odd. I found his corpse in the drinking mound of the hillock. I'm not sure if it suddenly appeared there but no one around it seems to be injured. Very strange.

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 02:58:40 pm »

Retired my adventurer and went into legends mode. The roc was struck down by a dwarf with an iron pick. I guess it came into town and was killed. Odd.

marzi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 10:04:00 pm »

most likely a bug. it got me thinking though...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 05:30:17 am »

I definitely had a roc flee a fight with me.

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 05:00:34 pm »

Considering this was a roc (a giant bird) it might have been flying up into the air. Did you perchance look up a level or two while fighting it? There is always a small cutout on I think the right side of the screen which shows a small glimpse of what's above and below you, but it's small compared to the primary view so it can be a bit easy to ignore it, especially when all of your focus is on the level your character is standing on at the moment. I fought a roc myself with one adventurer and your description matches my experience.