Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crashing in evil biomes  (Read 1972 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Crashing in evil biomes
« on: July 22, 2019, 04:41:52 am »

Is anyone else having really annoying, consistent crashes while in evil biomes? As in, crashes of the "game just closes" variety. I recall Random_Dragon mentioning it has to do with the evil weather causing issues in adventure mode (especially blood rain when the blood belongs to a fire-immune race), but I seem to be getting crashes even with both procgenned and non-procedural weather (and reanimations) disabled.
I've put up a bug report here if anyone else wants to pitch in. I initially noticed the issue in a town bordering on an evil biome, but it seems to occur in the wilderness too (if you disembark, anyway - fast travelling across doesnt seem to cause problems) and in other sites. Another weird thing is I noticed this not occuring in a few evil biomes, would just be able to walk across them without fast travelling with no issues, but in others the crashes are very frequent.
I'm kinda at a loss right now, since I don't know if its on part of the game or if something I modded in is causing it (which I don't neccesarily think is the case since I didn't get anything relating to it in the errorlog, and anything I spawn in seems to work fine in arena mode)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing in evil biomes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 11:15:05 am »

Do you have any transformations? Like, for instance, a werebeast curse? It's anecdotal but I get crashes in evil areas if I have a werebeast curse, and also anywhere else if I stop while transformed.

In fact, this sounds remarkably like an issue I had with werebeasts, down to the problems with disembarking from fast travel.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 11:20:15 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 03:39:15 pm »

I do not, actually - I think in all this time I never actually played as a werebeast in adv mode (at most, I had modded voluntary transformation spells that I let get to the end of their duration before I fast travel again - though it was not the case in the bug report save).

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 04:10:25 am »

I do not, actually - I think in all this time I never actually played as a werebeast in adv mode (at most, I had modded voluntary transformation spells that I let get to the end of their duration before I fast travel again - though it was not the case in the bug report save).
I finally got the time to test your save. There were a LOT of cave ins for some reason, which briefly froze the game, and upon traveling back to your area, it crashed 100% of the time without fail in fast travel. I did not even have the time to disembark from travel, it just crashed.  I hunted out some evil areas with my vanilla saves and had no similar issue.

This world was generated on the latest version, right? This looks awfully like a nemesis load unit error I reported a while back.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 08:10:10 am »

Yeah, 44.12.
The cave-in stuff reminds me, I went to another town on another world, and saw a tree briefly come crashing down - when I tried to FT away it also crashed.