Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Real-Life armed left-wing groups in the news  (Read 9884 times)

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Real-Life armed left-wing groups in the news
« on: July 22, 2019, 02:22:13 pm »

Hello, everyone.

I haven't posted on this forum for years, but an article I read today in the Guardian immediately made me think of Liberal Crime Squad again.

Left-wing groups in the US are arming themselves in response to far-right violence. Their numbers appear to be small when compared to their more established counterparts in the conservative political sphere, and they mostly seem to focus their efforts on protecting certain types of gatherings like demonstrations for trans rights that are particularly vulnerable to far-right harassment, but I thought that this approach to the whole gun control debate was very new and unique for coming from a left-wing perspective. Also, the group uses nicknames for its members, just like LCS! Reality really is stranger than fiction.

It's a relatively long article, but quite interesting.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Real-Life armed left-wing groups in the news
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 02:50:24 pm »

I'm in the progress of developing a new version of TV that will allow the player to add factions to the game (whilst also chasing bugs that I have been informed of).

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 12:42:38 pm »

Cool, we could have new ideas for scenarii.

I'm in the progress of developing a new version of TV that will allow the player to add factions to the game (whilst also chasing bugs that I have been informed of).

Which activities could do these factions? It would be interesting to have factions using violence, others using peaceful disobedience and still others limiting themselves to legal means.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 05:22:42 pm »

Well, regarding peaceful/legal means, there are lobbies, which are already in the game. I suppose what I should do is create a user manual for how to create your own lobbies.

The factions I am planning now will be violent.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 07:51:31 pm »

Hello, everyone.

I haven't posted on this forum for years, but an article I read today in the Guardian immediately made me think of Liberal Crime Squad again.

Left-wing groups in the US are arming themselves in response to far-right violence. Their numbers appear to be small when compared to their more established counterparts in the conservative political sphere, and they mostly seem to focus their efforts on protecting certain types of gatherings like demonstrations for trans rights that are particularly vulnerable to far-right harassment, but I thought that this approach to the whole gun control debate was very new and unique for coming from a left-wing perspective. Also, the group uses nicknames for its members, just like LCS! Reality really is stranger than fiction.

It's a relatively long article, but quite interesting.

What I found most interesting is how the Puget Sound John Brown Gun Club sounds exactly like their Conservative counterparts.  They're still gun nuts, they just happen to agree with the Liberals on all other social issues.