Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 168

Author Topic: Necromancy? 5E  (Read 96270 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy? 5E
« Reply #1365 on: September 22, 2019, 04:40:22 am »

I looked into using the mortar for grinding up hard seeds-- it was peppercorns in the video-- and that apparently involves a certain sort of light up-and-down pounding motion to crack the seeds open before you actually grind them up. However, it seems hard seeds like that yield more of a powder than a paste, so I'm gonna assume these are more like sesame seeds or something. Going by that assumption, these seeds should be soft and oily enough that we can just...

Take up the pestle, and set the mortar onto a nearby table. With careful, circular motions, use the pestle to grind the seeds against the walls of the mortar, applying fairly light but consistent pressure so as to break the mixture down thoroughly. Continue this motion until we've attained a fine paste.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 22, 2019, 08:25:23 am »

You take up the pestle, and set the mortar onto a nearby table. With careful, circular motions, you use the pestle to try to grind the seeds against the walls of the mortar, applying fairly light but consistent pressure so as to break the mixture down thoroughly;
the seeds are each about the size of a pinhead and mostly full some sort of extremely dark green semisolid, you find that they fairly easily split open with even the shock of slight pressure but the hulls are stubborn and take much grinding to break...
You continue this motion until you've attained a fine consistent paste.
"Have you got that ready yet? You're gonna miss the fun part if you take too long." Makdt asks.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 22, 2019, 04:41:28 pm »

"I think... I think so, yes!" Place the pestle back into the mortar, and turn to Makdt with mortar in hand.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 22, 2019, 05:15:07 pm »

"I think... I think so, yes!" you say and place the pestle back into the mortar, and turn to Makdt with mortar in hand.
"Yeah this looks fine", she takes the mortar and washes it out into the alembic with more alcohol, pouring the distillate beaker's semi brown liquid into the beaker with the mixture and it starts to foam an oily black similar to the poison you drank before.
"Now just have to wait for the second fractioning then it will be a few hours for it to react." she says, Makdt and you watch the alembic till she empties the second distillation into the mixture beaker and sets it aside to clean out her alembic.
"Ok, it's going to take like five more hours to finish then it needs to be put into vials for use, we could make it one portion or fraction it out... Since your going to be using them which do you want to do?" she asks.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 22, 2019, 05:34:12 pm »

"Hm... two portions, per-haps?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 22, 2019, 05:46:55 pm »

"Hm... two portions, per-haps?" you suggest, Makdt goes into your backpack and takes out a pair of glass round bottoms and puts them next to the reacting beaker, "Ok, now it's just waiting, it'll be night before its done." she says.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 23, 2019, 03:00:33 am »

"Do we need to be near while it finishes or can we go do something else?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 23, 2019, 06:45:33 am »

"Do we need to be near while it finishes or can we go do something else?" you ask
"It should be good on its own." Makdt tells you "What do you want to do while we wait?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 23, 2019, 07:18:31 am »

"Hmm. This cir-cus thing in-trigues me... shall we have a look?"

klonk
Sigtext

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 23, 2019, 07:33:22 am »

"Hmm. This cir-cus thing in-trigues me... shall we have a look?" you ask, "Sounds like fun!" Makdt says.

(Do you want to travel to the circus?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 23, 2019, 07:43:30 am »

(Yes)

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 23, 2019, 08:15:19 am »

You and Makdt leave the tavern and walk through the streets of Ter to get to the Circus tents set up outside of the village.

You arrive without incident to the main thoroughfare of the circus lined with games of chance and skill and edged with small colorful tents with attractive signs showing such pay to view attractions as; 'the strongest man', 'the bearded lady', 'fire breather', 'freakshow', 'Golfut's transmogrifications', and 'menagerie' and the big tent at the far end.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 24, 2019, 07:22:11 am »

We're headed straight for the big tent-- none of these side-show shenanigans!

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 24, 2019, 07:23:34 am »

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 24, 2019, 08:02:49 am »

+1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 168