Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SUMMONING & MORE CONFIRMED FOR VILLAINS RELEASE!  (Read 4717 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SUMMONING & MORE CONFIRMED FOR VILLAINS RELEASE!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 10:49:03 am »

I will make beta version of my mod for new version. But alpha version probably will be for 44.12.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 06:51:02 pm »

Even if we can't get summons by reaction you can cheese it by giving a dwarf a summon interaction from like a syndrome and they'll use it in combat, presumably? Hopefully. Then you could pull like a gcs web milking rig to get dwarves into combat with a creature, summoning things while in combat.

Or maybe it will be triggerable from a greeting usage hint as well. That would be a breeze to work even in fort mode.

I wonder how or even if we can take advantage of the created abominations code.

Gotta come up with more ways to integrate this stuff... I was already changing the birth sphere secret, I've been able to confirm that intelligent people turned into animals will in fact bear children and the kids even know who their father is, even though their parents weren't in a relationship, but the new relationship code may still make it easier to do like a "love potion" or secret that changes personality traits making everyone more likely to form relationships that bear children "naturally" since marriage won't be strictly necessary anymore, but I did want to make a marriage sphere secret that actually encourages marriages, not just relationships or children.
The people pushing effect I want to use all over the place.
I can make so many demons and titans and shit.
Have to remove most of the reanimation effects from secrets or the whole world will be bathed in crazed towers and reanimated hordes and evil regions.

What else are we getting... It's like goblin christmas, but we don't have to kill any greenskins.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 07:04:33 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 11:44:37 pm »

Even if we can't get summons by reaction you can cheese it by giving a dwarf a summon interaction from like a syndrome and they'll use it in combat, presumably? Hopefully. Then you could pull like a gcs web milking rig to get dwarves into combat with a creature, summoning things while in combat.

Or maybe it will be triggerable from a greeting usage hint as well. That would be a breeze to work even in fort mode.

I wonder how or even if we can take advantage of the created abominations code.

Gotta come up with more ways to integrate this stuff... I was already changing the birth sphere secret, I've been able to confirm that intelligent people turned into animals will in fact bear children and the kids even know who their father is, even though their parents weren't in a relationship, but the new relationship code may still make it easier to do like a "love potion" or secret that changes personality traits making everyone more likely to form relationships that bear children "naturally" since marriage won't be strictly necessary anymore, but I did want to make a marriage sphere secret that actually encourages marriages, not just relationships or children.
The people pushing effect I want to use all over the place.
I can make so many demons and titans and shit.
Have to remove most of the reanimation effects from secrets or the whole world will be bathed in crazed towers and reanimated hordes and evil regions.

What else are we getting... It's like goblin christmas, but we don't have to kill any greenskins.
Summoning by greetings make way to harpy reproduce.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 09:23:25 am »

Maybe? Kinda? Hmm, toady did mention they won't be civ members or pets at first, iirc. It might not work come to think of it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2019, 05:21:10 pm »

Addmittedly a world infested with necromancers sounds like an awesome challenge, playing as one of the last living mortals, barely surviving in a rising ncrocracy, fleeing from the oncoming armies and their hunger for souls...
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*
Pages: 1 [2]