Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Deployment 4  (Read 2619 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Supporting Character Phase 4
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2022, 07:14:41 pm »

Line 1

A massive air battle takes place in the mountain skyline as our Vanguard airships filled with marines takes on the enemy leader and his dragon. Hanna prepares for the battle well - she discovers that the enemy cowboy/samurai are in the area and equipped with special cow-based anti-air missiles and renders them useless by stealing their cows. It seems that the enemy has been getting multiple shipments of equipment from their overseas allies.

Still the battle is anyone's to win. Our airships fire their cannons while the dragon unleashes its fire breath. It is like a fireworks show with explosions everywhere. Several attempts at boarding the dragon are repelled by Ted's quick sixgun. Finally the battle comes to a head as the Vanguard and Dragon slam into each other. The Averlon Royal Air Marines swarm out taking this opportunity to try and capture the leader - pushing as hard as they can against his tremendous skills. At several points he can be heard shouting "THAT IS NOT HOW IT IS PRONOUNCED!" or something similar. Your men are about to claim victory when the Dragon reveals itself to be a mechanical construct! The Enemy leader activates an escape pod sending him flying into outer space. Your men are about to capture the dragon-machine for themselves when it suddenly flies across the battlefield on its own volition.

Enemy Leader Incapacitated 1 Turn, Line pushed forward to B4.

Line 2

Unfortunately the Eisenkrone Kürassiere find themselves completely helpless against the enemy with a whip and someone who is apparently his girlfriend. They find themselves transforming into cats as they approach, they find their equipment exploding to some sort of artillery fire if they do not. Currently the remnants are trying to regroup after briefly becoming a herd of cats and the consequential scattering that resulted.

Eisenkrone Kürassiere Incapacitated 2 Turns, Line pushed back to B5

Line 3

The battle of beasts...ended up occurring elsewhere. And not really being about beasts. Still General Andries was able to fortify multiple floating islands, transforming them into flying fortresses capable of defending the land from any air threat. And air threats did arrive! A swarm of baby dragons that seem to be working together but being slightly different from those last round arrive and are repelled by your defenses, the floating islands helpfully letting the infantry take them on from advantageous positions. The prospectors are here and having great trouble navigating the islands...but are somehow able to call the Dragon over for a quick strike attack simply by shouting! Still, the artillery and gunfire was able to keep them from planting explosives on your defenses (which also proved to protect you from dragon attacks).

Melissa once again proved her worth by hopping from island to island with the help of her grappling hook, destroying the baby dragons and occasionally a jet left and right. During the fight she managed to snag her grappling hook on one of the enemy jets that proceeded to drag her into the upper atmosphere - where she had a perfect opportunity to fight the enemy jets while in free-fall. Between her shiny new bayonet and bullets she managed to take down all the enemy jets during her free-fall back to Earth. Andries placed some strategically-located padding to help her survive said fall. The enemy Jet Fighters that managed to eject had a much nicer ride in comparison.

Enemy Jets Incapacitated 1 turn, pushed forward to B6.

It is now the Protagonist Phase.

Spoiler: Current Roster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Step Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 08:46:32 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Protagonist Phase 4
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2022, 01:07:38 pm »

Sorry for the delay in making this.

Major General Percival McMillan

General Percival Mcmillan is the general in charge of the 2nd Royal Air Marine division. He got a great education and is something of a scholar with his knowledge on various topics such as mathematics, magic, hydrodynamics, thermodynamics, history, and much much more. Part of how he got this is due to his father, who is a lord. And naturally that meant him getting into the military and rising up the ranks was all but assured. Unfortunately, the one thing Percival is bad at is actually planning a good strategy or coming up with good tactics on the battle field. If it was a game like chess he would be better suited, but the complexities of the art of war elude him and really, while he'd make a great soldier he certainly isn't a great commanding officer. Still, despite this he does have some good qualities, and his friendly, charming, and civilized nature make him pleasant to be around. And arguably most important of all this he recognizes his major weakpoint and mostly lets those under him do what they think is best in regards to the tactical situation, while following the strategic orders from those few higher up than him. Luckily for him, thanks to the very advanced and strange nature of the northern enemy to the confederation, and more specifically Averlon, his extensive knowledge on various random things both magic and scientific can potentially allow him to deal with those threats better. Or at least tell his subordinates what they are dealing with and let them figure out the strategy to best take whatever it is down.

Traits:
Modern Major General: Percival in matters vegetable, animal and mineral is the very model of a modern major general. In layman's terms, they are hyper competent at everything except strategy and extremely knowledgeable on more out there things. Whenever an enemy utilizes advanced technology or strange unusual magic, Percival can reduce it's effectiveness.
Diligent Staffer: Percival knows his lack of skill in strategy and tactics. As such he commonly delegates such things to his subordinates, and to do that he has a good number of logisticians and military staff on hand. This tends to make all units in the area topped up on supply and reinforcements, generally improving efficiency.
Fencer: Percival, as an officer, naturally has a sword as to lack one would be to be improperly dressed. His skill with swordfighting is actually impressive, and when fighting against an enemy that mainly uses melee combat gains a bonus to damage against them.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Protagonist Phase 4
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2022, 08:46:18 pm »

lol

Major General Percival McMillan

General Percival Mcmillan is the general in charge of the 2nd Royal Air Marine division. He got a great education and is something of a scholar with his knowledge on various topics such as mathematics, magic, hydrodynamics, thermodynamics, history, and much much more. Part of how he got this is due to his father, who is a lord. And naturally that meant him getting into the military and rising up the ranks was all but assured. Unfortunately, the one thing Percival is bad at is actually planning a good strategy or coming up with good tactics on the battle field. If it was a game like chess he would be better suited, but the complexities of the art of war elude him and really, while he'd make a great soldier he certainly isn't a great commanding officer. Still, despite this he does have some good qualities, and his friendly, charming, and civilized nature make him pleasant to be around. And arguably most important of all this he recognizes his major weakpoint and mostly lets those under him do what they think is best in regards to the tactical situation, while following the strategic orders from those few higher up than him. Luckily for him, thanks to the very advanced and strange nature of the northern enemy to the confederation, and more specifically Averlon, his extensive knowledge on various random things both magic and scientific can potentially allow him to deal with those threats better. Or at least tell his subordinates what they are dealing with and let them figure out the strategy to best take whatever it is down.

Traits:
Modern Major General: Percival in matters vegetable, animal and mineral is the very model of a modern major general. In layman's terms, they are hyper competent at everything except strategy and extremely knowledgeable on more out there things. Whenever an enemy utilizes advanced technology or strange unusual magic, Percival can reduce it's effectiveness.
Diligent Staffer: Percival knows his lack of skill in strategy and tactics. As such he commonly delegates such things to his subordinates, and to do that he has a good number of logisticians and military staff on hand. This tends to make all units in the area topped up on supply and reinforcements, generally improving efficiency.
Fencer: Percival, as an officer, naturally has a sword as to lack one would be to be improperly dressed. His skill with swordfighting is actually impressive, and when fighting against an enemy that mainly uses melee combat gains a bonus to damage against them.

D20 Roll: 17! You really have a knack for those.

It is now the Supporting Character Phase.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Supporting Character 4
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2022, 11:19:36 pm »

Apparently we have learned how to roll good. Ideally we keep doing this and the enemy does the exact opposite. Anyway, for the support, I'm divided on a another unit for the Eisenkrone or the Starkbreezen but given things I'll go for the latter.

Starkebrisen Scharfschütze

The Scharfschütze are a specialized sub section under the Windreiter mainly made up of Verhal, with only a few Verstark members. This is mainly due to their specialization as snipers and sharpshooters dedicated to proper battle support and taking out any enemy leaders or really anyone important for that matter, and capabilities to stay behind enemy lines for extended periods of time. Of course, against extremely highly trained opponents who can potentially pull of the insane nonsense that even some of our own soldiers seem to be capable of, they likely won't do too well. But against the rank and file, and more importantly their leaders, they are far more effective. Other than this training, the two main things that make them stick out are the newly made proper bolt action rifle, the G.76, nicknamed the Taubenschütze, and the thing that makes them not stick out so much in the form of basic camouflage rather than fancy uniforms that everyone else has. The rifle is not too dissimilar to the kind the Royal Averlon Marines have, though specialized for longer combat ranges and with a fancy scope on the side. Though this is optional, as a couple stick with iron sights as the suns glare can cause their position to be spotted. They will certainly disorganize any infantry they are up against, and ideally they wont have to deal with anything particularly armored like some sort of land ironclad...

Traits: Natural Snipers: The Starkebriesen Scharfschütze are essentially specialized Windreiter with proper rifles and a knack for hitting things at long range, night or day. Experts at taking down leaders and repositioning, they can send an enemy scattering and panicking with a few good shots. They gain a major bonus against any human like side character with smaller numbers and/or proper officers.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Supporting Character 4
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2022, 09:55:33 pm »

Apparently we have learned how to roll good. Ideally we keep doing this and the enemy does the exact opposite. Anyway, for the support, I'm divided on a another unit for the Eisenkrone or the Starkbreezen but given things I'll go for the latter.

Starkebrisen Scharfschütze

The Scharfschütze are a specialized sub section under the Windreiter mainly made up of Verhal, with only a few Verstark members. This is mainly due to their specialization as snipers and sharpshooters dedicated to proper battle support and taking out any enemy leaders or really anyone important for that matter, and capabilities to stay behind enemy lines for extended periods of time. Of course, against extremely highly trained opponents who can potentially pull of the insane nonsense that even some of our own soldiers seem to be capable of, they likely won't do too well. But against the rank and file, and more importantly their leaders, they are far more effective. Other than this training, the two main things that make them stick out are the newly made proper bolt action rifle, the G.76, nicknamed the Taubenschütze, and the thing that makes them not stick out so much in the form of basic camouflage rather than fancy uniforms that everyone else has. The rifle is not too dissimilar to the kind the Royal Averlon Marines have, though specialized for longer combat ranges and with a fancy scope on the side. Though this is optional, as a couple stick with iron sights as the suns glare can cause their position to be spotted. They will certainly disorganize any infantry they are up against, and ideally they wont have to deal with anything particularly armored like some sort of land ironclad...

Traits: Natural Snipers: The Starkebriesen Scharfschütze are essentially specialized Windreiter with proper rifles and a knack for hitting things at long range, night or day. Experts at taking down leaders and repositioning, they can send an enemy scattering and panicking with a few good shots. They gain a major bonus against any human like side character with smaller numbers and/or proper officers.

D10 Roll: 4!

It is now the Character Development Phase.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Character Development 4
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 10:18:45 am »

Another 4 on our side characters...Well, I'll take it provided our MC's keep rolling well like they have been. What should be given an upgrade is something I'm a bit conflicted on, but personally I think it's probably better to upgrade our current heavy hitter, the Vanguard Class.

Field Engine and Armament Improvements
The Vanguard Class has proven itself in combat against the mechanical marvel that the enemy has. However, it has also shown there are a number of tweaks that could be done to ensure the guns fire faster and the ship flies faster. Luckily, these refits are mostly able to be done in the field rather than require an extensive refit which would be quite time consuming and annoying. Regardless, these improvements which have been learned in combat have all been able to improve the combat ability of the ships a fair bit without reducing reliability, and further has also been taken in for future Airship doctrine. Regardless, the ships have proven themselves and their crew having gotten used to combat is far more effective for it. Some of the fixes are somewhat humorous though in just how simple and primitive they might seem compared to the rest of the ship, but if it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid. 

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Character Development 4
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2022, 08:57:46 pm »

Another 4 on our side characters...Well, I'll take it provided our MC's keep rolling well like they have been. What should be given an upgrade is something I'm a bit conflicted on, but personally I think it's probably better to upgrade our current heavy hitter, the Vanguard Class.

Field Engine and Armament Improvements
The Vanguard Class has proven itself in combat against the mechanical marvel that the enemy has. However, it has also shown there are a number of tweaks that could be done to ensure the guns fire faster and the ship flies faster. Luckily, these refits are mostly able to be done in the field rather than require an extensive refit which would be quite time consuming and annoying. Regardless, these improvements which have been learned in combat have all been able to improve the combat ability of the ships a fair bit without reducing reliability, and further has also been taken in for future Airship doctrine. Regardless, the ships have proven themselves and their crew having gotten used to combat is far more effective for it. Some of the fixes are somewhat humorous though in just how simple and primitive they might seem compared to the rest of the ship, but if it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.

+D5 Roll: 4. Vanguard class is now D8.

It is now the deployment phase.

Spoiler: Current Roster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Step Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 10:15:25 pm by Stirk »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Arms Race The Provina Confederation - Deployment 4
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2022, 01:58:38 am »

Sorry again about taking a while.

Starkebrisen Front (B4)

The full might of the Averlon Expeditionary force is on display in the Starkebriesen front, and the 2nd Royal Air Marine division is finally reunited with the Special Support Group that had been detached from it, and with it, Melissa. Throughout the mountains military songs of Averlon can be heard, and of grand importance is the mighty major general arriving to inspect his division and properly lead them into combat. One might ask why the Expeditionary forces were in the Starkebriesen Republik and not the fronts closer to their own lands, but the answer to that simply was that with the enemy forced away from their flying islands they could afford to shore up the western flank while their allies dealt with the east. Will Averlon prove it's full Expeditionary force as a proper force to make all the difference, or will it just prove to be nothing more than a glorified auxiliary force? Find out tonight!

(Melissa, Averlon Air Marines, Vanguard class, and Major General Percival McMillan. 1 nationality, note air marines bonus with airship)

Eisenkrone Front (B5)

In the central front a one of the many spies of Amber who already proved herself quite extensively works away quietly in the shadows, further supported through her secretive orders penned by Amber herself. While she works away quietly in the shadows, the Starkebrisen Scharfschütze make quick work of any unlucky enough to cross their sights while the Helderzee Linie Infanterie hold the line against any enemy attack. However, this is a lighter force, more made as a delaying action rather than a true army or powerful combat force. Will these few soldiers hold out despite likely being outnumbered? Or will they valiantly manage to hold against all odds?

(Hannah+Chessmaster, Starkebrisen Scharfschütze, and Helderzee linie infanterie. 2 nationalities, 3 if Hannah is counted. Stealth bonus here too)

Helderzee Front (B6)

Finally reclaiming a important portion of Helderzee, Andries Van Culemborg continues to masterfully utilize his forces to the best of his ability, and now with the Starkebrisen Windreiter temporarily under his command many new opportunities have opened up due to their flying nature. And this highly mobile infantry combined with the mighty Bronkhorst Artillerie surely will be enough to break through anything the enemy has, ideally by breaking them against the flexible wall Andries has before the coup de grâce is delivered through is genius tactics. Yet, little dose the famous commander realize that everything is according to the plans of another, one also here, quietly aiding in his reconquest from the shadows. Yet, this would cause a number of things to noticeably be off...Partisans couldn't cause all of this, could they? Regardless of if Andries might grow closer to the truth or not, if he'll manage to retake his homeland fully or if he'll falter will be discovered soon.

(General Andries Van Culemborg, Amber Hawkins, Starkebrisen Windreiter and Helderzee Bronkhorst Artillerie. 2 nationalities, 3 if Amber is counted. Note Andries defense bonus.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]