Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beginner  (Read 1626 times)

randomperson0509

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Beginner
« on: July 26, 2019, 08:55:25 am »

Hey guys. I just started playing the game. I started with Peridexis's starter pack, then now I'm trying to follow the wiki's tutorial for beginners with masterwork mod. Right now I'm using Meph 32x32 tileset, but I'm not quite satisfied with it, I still get too confused and find it a bit cumbersome. I was wondering if you guys knew any other tileset even more friendly than that? Right now I'll give DF a little pause and go back to Rim World, but maybe the answer will be to wait until DF steam verson is released, which is sad because it might take a lot of time. I also don't like how I can't click on the menus and such, etc, is there any solution to this or this is part of the game? I worry I'm asking stupid questions, but I'm in the hope there could be a mod solving many of these issues. If you guys have any ideas to make it easier for a regular player to get engaged with the game, please share. Remember, I'm a noob, so I can't even mess with config things on my own.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Beginner
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 05:09:12 pm »

Hello and welcome!

Spacefox is a very nice tileset, as is Phoebus. If you want something simpler and clearer, try GemSet. It's fantastic. :)

If you want to play DF, you will need to get used to key presses instead of mouse clicks. Almost everything is done by keyboard.

Did you try the Meph version from the starter pack, or the "real" one? (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161047.0) It has improved a lot since the last addition to the starterpack.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

randomperson0509

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 06:00:39 am »

Hey Meph,

I actually downloaded the tileset you mentioned after digging around the forum a little bit, it's better! Thank you for your support!

I took a look at gemset and at first it seemed awesome, but then I realized it had too many letters. I think yours may be better.