- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 97298 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« on: July 26, 2019, 11:35:04 pm »

Next Post | Next Chapter

It is dark. There's the sound of your heartbeat and distant noises.

You'd like to stay here. But it's getting awfully cramped. And all the food has run out. Your only choice is to break out. So you push, using your sharp claws to break the shell. There's a loud cracking noise that reverberates through your empty stomach. For the first time there is light, awfully bright.

You struggle to get out of the shell, its edges scraping against your still-forming scales. First two legs and a head. Then the wings. Then two more legs. Only the tail is still inside when you bump your head onto clear glass. You emit an annoyed whine.

As your eyes adjust to the light, you notice there are things out there, beyond the glass. Mostly pink things, walking on two legs, more than twice your height. But other things too. Green things with big reflective eyes and orange things with eyes on either side of their head.

You can instinctively understand the basics of their anatomy. You can tell that some of them have stopped and are looking at you as you struggle to take your first breaths. Some of them are extending their arms to point at you, making noises, alerting others to your presence.

You search for more food. But there's no food in this second shell. Just fake rocks and fake plants and walls of painted plastic and clear glass. You roar, a long, high pitched, pleading sound.

Now everybody is looking at you. You feel uneasy.

You should get out of here and find some food.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 08:05:09 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 11:40:22 pm »

Try to break the glass by swinging our tail into it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 11:44:09 pm »

Try to get out by exploring the entire surface of the glass, looking for a hole, and ending up looking immensely cute and upside down.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 11:45:18 pm »

No! We mustn't look cute under any circumstances!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 11:52:23 pm »

Neat premise. I would totally want to play this if it wasn't a suggestion game.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 11:55:03 pm »

Try to get out by exploring the entire surface of the glass, looking for a hole, and ending up looking immensely cute and upside down.
+1.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 12:14:11 am »

Smash out of the glass and eat the nearest fleshy thing (excluding yourself)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 12:54:57 am »

Eat the leftover bits inside the shell

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 02:36:34 am »

Flop around on the ground and screech for our mom to get us more hotpockets someone to get us some food.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 03:36:39 am »

Previous Post | Next Post

Eat the leftover bits inside the shell
You take an experimental bite out of the shell. It's hard, almost rock-like (not that you've ever seen a real rock). It is really crunchy. Tastes like a rock too. You don't think this is edible. You lick the membrane still clinging on the inside of the shell. That tastes better. But it's not very filling. You're still hungry.

+1.
This thing looks like something you should be able to walk through. It stands to reason that there should be a point where you can actually do so. So you set out exploring the surface of the glass by rubbing your body against it and smelling its surface, making yourself look very much like a big cat.

You stand on two legs and lean against the glass, trying to smell the upper portion. But the thing is slippery, so you end up falling to your side and ending up upside down.

You manage to right yourself with a quick shove from your wings. Most of the things outside the glass are emitting repeated short loud noises.

Try to break the glass by swinging our tail into it.
You emit a frustrated whine and strike the glass with your tail. There's a loud bong and a bit of pain, but the glass is undamaged beyond a small scratch.

Smash out of the glass and eat the nearest fleshy thing (excluding yourself)
You back up a bit until you end up with your tail on the plastic wall. Then you run towards the glass as fast as you can. There's a loud noise and then pain and some dizziness. But there are deep cracks on the glass now. The creatures outside gasp and mutter, watching you wide-eyed. Some of them start slowly backing away.

You get ready and run towards the glass again. Even before you reach it, some of the creatures outside start running away. With your second attack you manage to make a small hole, the laminated glass sagging outwards but not breaking completely. Immediately there is a loud noise coming from high above you and red lights start flashing in the ceiling.

With a running start you jump through the hole, its sharp edges scraping against your skin. You land on the other side and try to make sense of your surroundings.

The noise is even louder on this side. Most of the biped things have left but a few are still standing around or hiding in corners, frozen in fear. You're fairly certain you could catch and kill one of them. But there are many of them around. If they all stopped running and turned on you you'd have no chance.

This room is fairly small. There's two exits, each leading to larger rooms with more display cases. One of the entrances has a green light above it. Most of the biped things fled through that doorway. Some are hiding behind display cases, looking your way, while others are continuing to run away, shouting in alarm.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

There seemed to be a consensus for escaping, so I went with that.

Neat premise. I would totally want to play this if it wasn't a suggestion game.
Eh, it would take too much effort to do this for several players. But I agree, if somebody wants to run something like that, I'd also sign up immediately.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 08:09:18 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2019, 03:42:33 am »

Nah, fighting these things is bad news, gotta scram and find easier prey in places not infested with giants.
Let's start with the exit with a green light. The annoying big things are running that way, so maybe it leads to a way out of here.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 03:51:43 am »

Are there any ventilation ducts? If yes, try to climb in one, otherwise, follow with the previous thought.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 03:59:52 am »

Let's go fight one of those green things with big reflective eyes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 05:47:18 am »

Nah, fighting these things is bad news, gotta scram and find easier prey in places not infested with giants.
Let's start with the exit with a green light. The annoying big things are running that way, so maybe it leads to a way out of here.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 07:50:23 am »

Ptw also

+1
+1
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 83