- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 98923 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2019, 02:07:10 pm »

I'm assuming that the medpacs are pretty much literal magic heals.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2019, 07:50:26 pm »

Hmm. Seems good enough to be able to find this place, so let's go. Quickly, while we have time.
Head out, make sure to lock the door behind us, go to the elevator door and go in. We'll probably want to look for a 5 button, like the keypad on the apartment door.

You grab the bag with the credits and the datapad, nuzzle Ali and head out. This section of the hallway is empty but you can hear walking further down. You decide to head in the opposite direction even though it's slightly longer that way. You reach the door Ali told you about, go through it and through the long hallway beyond it and reach another circular hallway. There are fewer doors here, all of them with arrow-shaped buttons for opening them, half of them with arrows pointing up, the other half with arrows pointing down. Many of the walls have the symbol for number 3 on them.

You press one of the up buttons but the door doesn't open even though the button is green. Strange. Maybe it's broken. You move on and are about to try a different door when the button you pushed emits a ding and the door slides open. You run towards it, not knowing how long it will stay open. The door leads to a tiny room. Two three-eyed brown bipeds are staring at you. You say "hello" to them but they do not respond. Opposite to them the wall is filled with buttons, going from 0 to 19. You press the button labeled "5", being careful with your bag so that it doesn't accidentally push any buttons. As soon as you press the button the door closes. As you watch the door close you notice a screen showing the number 3 is positioned above it. Suddenly gravity is stronger. The number above the door changes to 4 and then 5. And then gravity is normal again and the door opens. You exit the room and say "goodbye" to the bipeds.

You find yourself in a circular hallway very similar to the one you left, with the difference that the walls here have the number 5. You get back to the main hallway. The rooms here all start with 5. Good. You can see the entrance to room 509 from here. It is open and has a blue cross along with some other symbols on a sign next to it.

You move in front of room 509. The door doesn't lead to a kitchen, it leads to a small room divided in half by a counter. Behind the counter is a biped that looks very much like a female human except for the fact that it has horns growing from either side of her head. Behind her, arranged in shelves, are various colorful containers and vials. You spot some medpacs amongst the containers. Through the door behind the biped you can see two large vats filled with clear liquid.

Just as you cross the threshold there's a ding. The biped behind the counter says something without looking up from the datapad she is reading, but it doesn't speak human so you don't respond. You leave the shopping bag on the counter and say "medpac" as clearly as you can. The sound of your voice finally causes her to look up at you with surprise and confusion, her hand reflexively reaching for something under the counter.
"Huh?"
You nudge the datapad Ali gave you out of the shopping bag and towards her.
"Eiwhyl?" you struggle with the unfamiliar word.
"Yes, I'm Eiwhyl." she responds, her voice much lower pitched than a humans.

She picks up Ali's datapad and looks at it for some time while you patiently wait for her to finish. Then she puts the datapad down on the counter and sighs.
"That girl..." she says but you don't think it's directed to you so you don't respond.
She picks up a medpac from one of the shelves and shows it to you.
"Medpac, yes?" she asks.
"Yes." you respond.
"Okay."
She does something and part of the counter slides open. She kneels down next to you and sets the medpac down.
"Let me show you how you use it."

She presses a button and the top of the medpac slides open, revealing two syringes filled with a clear liquid and some grey strips. Eiwhyl shows you the strips and says something, you understand "outside", "clean" and "blood". Then she shows you the syringes and says something else, you understand "most". Then she picks up a syringe and before you can react jabs it into your foreleg, its contents emptying automatically. You jump back and roar angrily.
"Easy now." Eiwhyl says as she raises her hands in a placating motion.

You remain a safe distance away from her while you examine your foreleg. There isn't any blood or other visible injury. The pain was momentary and passed a moment later. Then you realize the pain from the rest of your body has started to go away too. The dizziness is subsiding too and you can hear things much more clearly. Overall, you're feeling much better. Looks like this really did help and very quickly too.
"Thank you." you say.
"You are welcome." Eiwhyl responds.

Lost Status: Dizzy, Hearing Impaired, Satiated

Eiwhyl closes the medpac and puts it back into the shopping bag along with Ali's datapad and then takes the two blue credits and hides them under the counter.
"What are you anyway?" she asks as she hands the shopping bag back to you.
You're not sure how you should respond to that.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2019, 08:12:32 pm »

”I don’t have a name right now”

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2019, 08:21:37 pm »

Pets seem not to be allowed in the building, given we're made to hide whenever the landlord shows up. Let's not give this lady more information than we absolutely must.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2019, 08:23:14 pm »

We should call ourselves "The High King of Skyrim", just for the LOLs

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2019, 08:25:45 pm »

You've also learnt there are different names for the same thing or the same name for different things, usually depending on who is talking. You know the adult female is "mom" or "dear" or "Ania". You know the adult male is "dad" or "honey" or "Jobal". You know you are "doggy" or "boy" or "little monster". You know the child is "princess" or "honey" or "Ali" or "Alliana",
Emphasis mine.

I say we reply with "Doggy"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2019, 08:31:55 pm »

deleted, my vote is with my original suggestion
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:46:19 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2019, 08:33:28 pm »

I repeat: pets are not allowed in the building. Going around calling ourselves "doggy" is just asking for trouble. "Little monster" would in some ways be better.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2019, 08:40:52 pm »

I repeat: pets are not allowed in the building. Going around calling ourselves "doggy" is just asking for trouble. "Little monster" would in some ways be better.
Wouldn’t “monster” make them think dangerous?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2019, 08:42:34 pm »

”I don’t have a name right now”
+1 since I doubt high king of skyrim will win

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2019, 08:46:16 pm »

Do we know pets aren't allowed? There could be other reasons the parents don't want to reveal that they have a dragon.  And pets don't usually go shopping and have conversations.

Little monster works too, but it felt less natural. I'm fairly sure that's one of the names that's used most when we're "bad".

Edit: A while back Devastator called us Draggy. If we go with doggy do we want to mispronounce it like that?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:27:30 pm by Sudurandom »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2019, 10:16:50 pm »

"Doggy" sounds good.  It's what people call us, therefore it's what we are.  We don't know we aren't a doggy.

Doctor knows we aren't a dog, also isn't landlord.  Also too smart to be pet.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 10:31:17 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 16, 2019, 12:33:52 am »

"Draggy." sounds good, especially if justified as a mispronunciation of "doggy".

I have a question that isn't an action.  What does Draggy's voice sound like?  Is it barely-understandable growls that have only vauge resemblance to normal speech?  Or does it actually sound relatively human, like traditional movie dragons?  With practice, could draggy speak well enough to make its voice sound almost human?  Human enough that the oddity could be chalked off to sickness or somethig?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 16, 2019, 01:12:55 am »

Behind the counter is a biped that looks very much like a female human except for the fact that it has horns growing from either side of her head.

Ooh, hello fellow Tiefling. Does she have a tail? :3

+1 Draggy. We're pretty clearly too smart to be a pet, so I don't think we're at much risk of getting kicked out at this point. Worst case, we have to start paying rent. >.<
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 83