- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 98952 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2019, 08:37:27 pm »

I just figure we can spend a nice happy childhood growing fat on the leavings of our humans, then go on a murderous rampage. No need to intimidate this lot into submission when we can just straight-up endear ourselves to them.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2019, 08:39:13 pm »

Yes.  Besides, there might be a gang or something that will want us to eat other people.  Best of both worlds.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2019, 08:54:47 pm »

I just figure we can spend a nice happy childhood growing fat on the leavings of our humans, then go on a murderous rampage. No need to intimidate this lot into submission when we can just straight-up endear ourselves to them.
Yes. So we are agreed?

Roll over, to demonstrate you requesting permission to stay on their territory.
+1
+1

Look as cute as possible. Being a terrifying monster is all well and good, but spending our childhood as a pet works too!

+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2019, 08:56:06 pm »

* Devastator shrugs.  Lets see what's on offer, first.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2019, 11:39:33 pm »

Yes. So we are agreed?

Roll over, to demonstrate you requesting permission to stay on their territory.
+1
+1

Look as cute as possible. Being a terrifying monster is all well and good, but spending our childhood as a pet works too!

+1
+1.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2019, 12:48:07 am »

You decide that you don't want to fight. There's bipeds everywhere. Unless you hide in one of the hard-to-reach places, you're going to have to coexist with some of them. And since you've found yourself here, you can start with this family.

You roll over, trying to look non-threatening. The adults do not seem to understand your gesture, but the child does. It walks around them and comes to you before they can stop it. You sit down again, adopting a less exposed position, and watch the child. The child is about your size so it shouldn't be able to hurt you much, but better safe than sorry. The child stops, looking at you for a second and making some non-threatening noses. Then it extends its hand and pets you on your back.

It's a pleasant sensation. It's surprising how much you're enjoying this. You take short breaths, a small noise escaping your throat every time you exhale. You've been alive for so little you've never before had to scratch yourself. You extend your wings and let them rest on the floor, allowing the child to pet them as well. It's gentle with the sensitive membrane, which pleases you more. Then you roll over and have it pet you on your stomach and neck. This is good. You could get used to this.

End of Chapter 2: First Lair

Quote from: Security Force Incident Follow-up Report
...no sighting by the search parties. Without a proper signature we can scan for, our automated search equipment is unlikely to locate the target on its own. Furthermore, there have been no civilian reports we can use to track the target or even narrow our search grid. Most of what was reported turned out to be vermin. A report provided by a hoverbus driver did match the creature's description, but that only let us know the general direction it was flying towards.

Higher ups have pushed for the search to continue, but at this point it's just a waste of resources that would be more helpful elsewhere. I believe our inspectors' time would be better spent trying to track the source of this unknown creature. The museum has been cooperating on the surface but so far the information they have provided has led to no...

Fame: 10-5=5: How prominent you are in the public's attention
Notoriety: 5-2=3: The public perception of your actions and the threat you pose
Fear: 5-0=5: The public perception of your power and abilities

Chapter 3 starting as soon as I finish writing the time-skip
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 01:24:01 am by Parisbre56 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2019, 01:19:15 am »

While we have this small intermission:

We're all in agreement that we will protect this child right? Especially if it gets us pats and the torn flesh of the child's enemies?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2019, 01:21:34 am »

Nope.  I'm fine with staying with the child, but only so long as the child allows us to experience the joys of hot blood.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2019, 01:38:53 am »

That would be a little strong. Wait to see how it goes first.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2019, 03:02:37 am »

You've learned a lot since you started living with this family. The thing you've learned the most about is names. Names are sounds that mean certain things. You know the pink-skinned bipeds are called "humans". You know the room with the window you came in is the"refresher" and the room with the table is the "kitchen". You know that after "good night" the lights turn off and the humans go to "bedrooms" and if you make noise after that they get angry and say "bad", though you can sleep in the same bed as the child if you are quiet and make sure to leave before her parents notice you. Her body heat is pleasant in this cold place. You know that you can resume making noise after "good morning", when the sky outside the refresher window turns a light grey.

You've also learnt there are different names for the same thing or the same name for different things, usually depending on who is talking. You know the adult female is "mom" or "dear" or "Ania". You know the adult male is "dad" or "honey" or "Jobal". You know you are "doggy" or "boy" or "little monster". You know the child is "princess" or "honey" or "Ali" or "Alliana", that last one usually accompanied by "bad" or "no". You know "food" and "eat" means eating, but not always for you. The child does sometimes share its food with you, but if there adults notice they say "bad". You know "come" means either food or petting. You know "back" and "away" and "no" means you should be careful of being stepped on or getting wet or being burnt or eating something unpleasant. You know "sit" means you should lie down or you'll be pushed down, which you do, even though you could easily resist the child, because then she says "good boy" and pets you.

You also know "credits", small colored pieces of plastic. The adults say that word a lot when the child is not around. You know the adults go "out" or "outside" or "to work" to get "credits". You know they go "out" or "to the store" usually when it's time to get food, hiding credits in "bags" and coming back with those same bags filled with food. You know you can't get out or it's "bad". They've managed to "close" and "lock" the "door" every time you've tried to get out or push the button that opens it, even though you'd really like to get out. It's not because you're bored, this place is still teaching you a lot of things. But you are hungry. Food is always too little. You'd like to get out and find some more or at least find some credits so they can get more food, but the door is always closed. You can still fit through the window despite growing a lot these past few days, but if you went out through there you aren't certain you'd be able to get back here.

You also know there's "landlord" or "rent" (or "blood sucker" or "gangster" or "asshole", but only when the child isn't around). That means a green biped with reflective eyes comes through the door (or a human, that one time), argues with the adults and then gets some credits. The child takes you to its sleeping place to hide and says "bad", but not at you. You don't understand why you have to hide. You could easily kill him or at least scare him away. After he leaves the adults are angry. You think some of that anger is directed at you.

Ability Gained: Rudimentary Human Language: You are able to understand human language to a very basic degree. You won't understand everything though and there will likely be misunderstandings.

Right now it's a lazy afternoon like most others. You and the child are watching "holovision", fake things that move around and talk created by a machine out of light. You don't understand much, but it's entertaining and you sometimes chase the fake things around, to the delight of the child.

>Do something
>Keep following your routine, waiting for something to change

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 07:26:37 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2019, 03:15:00 am »

Hmm, need food. Bet we could take out one of those bloodsuckers. Food for us, food for everyone!
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2019, 03:23:02 am »

Hmm, need food. Bet we could take out one of those bloodsuckers. Food for us, food for everyone!
+1 they don’t seem to like them, so is the idea to continue the routine until the bloodsucker/landlord comes, then attack?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2019, 03:24:43 am »

If we're going to try to live with them, we should try to learn to talk back.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2019, 03:34:05 am »

+1 they don’t seem to like them, so is the idea to continue the routine until the bloodsucker/landlord comes, then attack?
+1.

Also, can we talk or not? (I assume not).
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2019, 03:35:51 am »

If we're going to try to live with them, we should try to learn to talk back.
+1 to this, we can do this as well, since the landlord only comes at intervals, we can learn talking in the meantime
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 83