- 1 (6.7%)
- 5 (33.3%)
- 6 (40%)
- 0 (0%)
Potato
- 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 83

Author Topic: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]  (Read 98852 times)

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving in an Alien World [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #570 on: October 17, 2019, 05:23:09 am »

If we move in with this woman, then we will be effectively abandoning Ali and her parents. The odds of them letting us back into their homes/hearts will be very low.

I recommend that we offer her enough credits to start a new life somewhere else where she can be safe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 17, 2019, 05:28:36 am »

If we move in with this woman, then we will be effectively abandoning Ali and her parents. The odds of them letting us back into their homes/hearts will be very low.

I recommend that we offer her enough credits to start a new life somewhere else where she can be safe.
+1 This is a better idea than the last thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 17, 2019, 05:34:53 am »

Yeah lets not abandon Ali and her parents.

Whilst a typical dragon might take risks and fight people, we are not in a typical situation. What's more interesting anyway? A dragon that does typical dragon things, or a dragon that has to come up with non-standard responses to problems because of the strange situations it finds itself in?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 17, 2019, 05:37:04 am »

+1 This is a better idea than the last thing.
+1 Cancel Previous vote

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 17, 2019, 06:15:23 am »

Don't try this. We don't have that much money, and it's  important that we keep the money we do.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 17, 2019, 06:22:21 am »

We have 290 credits. It costs less than 10 credits per steak, and we are getting fed by Ali's parents and Eiwhyl. We have not had to buy food since we have taken this job. I feel we can afford to give up at least half of our credits for a good cause.

We could also/instead tell her where we stashed the pulse rifle and wish her good luck.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 17, 2019, 09:59:24 am »

Yeah lets not abandon Ali and her parents.

Whilst a typical dragon might take risks and fight people, we are not in a typical situation. What's more interesting anyway? A dragon that does typical dragon things, or a dragon that has to come up with non-standard responses to problems because of the strange situations it finds itself in?

A dragon that acts differently in situations than other people would, because it's a dragon.  Just doing what any other character would do is the boring route.

Look at the specific situation.  It's not more interesting to do nothing but spend some money instead of engaging in combat and having to balance our desires against each other.

You're right about the weakness that it might get us kicked out.  Maybe we can arrange a meeting with the guy instead, so all we'd need to do is talk Iseng'ela into setting up a meeting and Eiwhyl into giving us one free hour in which to do the deed.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:02:59 am by Devastator »

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 17, 2019, 10:45:47 am »

We don't need to attract that kind of attention, we have already angered a den of drug dealers and now you want us to attack a pimp. I feel that criminals probably talk to each other so when this guy sees a creature that matches the description of the thing that raided his buddy's grow lab and that creature starts talking to him he is gonna put two and two together. This will put all of the people that have helped us and supported us while we where/are vulnerable at considerable risk.

In short, I would rather do nothing than get involved in a confrontation with a new group of criminals. I would be more than happy to have us help in an indirect way with money/the rifle/the maintenance tunnels, but I don't want to fight/talk to the abusive boyfriend.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 17, 2019, 11:04:36 am »

We don't need to attract that kind of attention, we have already angered a den of drug dealers and now you want us to attack a pimp. I feel that criminals probably talk to each other so when this guy sees a creature that matches the description of the thing that raided his buddy's grow lab and that creature starts talking to him he is gonna put two and two together. This will put all of the people that have helped us and supported us while we where/are vulnerable at considerable risk.

In short, I would rather do nothing than get involved in a confrontation with a new group of criminals. I would be more than happy to have us help in an indirect way with money/the rifle/the maintenance tunnels, but I don't want to fight/talk to the abusive boyfriend.
Yes, our help should be indirect

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 17, 2019, 12:02:39 pm »

Ah heck it.
Go for plan physical violence if she seems okay with it.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 17, 2019, 12:28:30 pm »

In the future, could we consider compiling a vote box of sorts, like the ARs often do around here?  I no longer know what idea is leading or what not.  Or what votes remain valid. 

I am in favor of violence either way.  Not sure standing by and doing nothing is the best choice for us.  Also, I'm just interested in having fun.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 17, 2019, 12:32:59 pm »

"Graad and his friends, they're searching because I... he- he told me I had what it takes. He told me it was a dancer job-"

"... he made me... work in the back room, serving their 'special clients'. And then, one night, Graad, he had an argument with one of them and he- he- oh, heavens, he killed a man!" she exclaims.
"I panicked, I couldn't take that, and he screamed, he said he'd kill me if I didn't come back right away, but I- he's going to kill me, I can't go back there, I can't, I can't!"

It isn't just one guy, the woman specifically said that they were searching for her. If we pursue the path of violence we are stepping into a world of hurt for no good reason, we have no obligation to help this person. We will wind up getting all of the people that we know killed if we try to be a hero.

give her some money/the gun, tell her to hide in the tunnels or move to another continent/planet, or do nothing. That is my vote, for what it is worth.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 17, 2019, 12:40:26 pm »

I vote we give her money and/or the gun as well

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 17, 2019, 02:22:59 pm »

Size her up. Does she look capable of using the sonic rifle we found?

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2019, 02:32:18 pm »

I vote we give her money and/or the gun as well
+1
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 83