Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll To Go Viral  (Read 8097 times)

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Go Viral
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2019, 05:21:13 pm »

Video Title: Internet and the Ants - Part Two
Video Description: This part two of a four videos long essay on how people are influenced by the newest yet most prolific type of media - the internet. Today I interview one of my viewers and talk with him about the role internet plays in creating his identity. After all, the greatest strength of the internet is it's anonymity and the greatest crises of modernity is anonymity and loneliness (especially ironic in an era of individualism). Internet allows us to create a new identity for ourselves, it lets us be who we secretly wish we were. Tonight challenge is as follows: don't hide your identity anymore. Spend a day being exactly who you want to be, be kind and thoughtful, and record yourself doing so. The person with the most views on their video shall join my Steam friendlist!!
Content Type: Honest.
Trends Included: None.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2019, 05:25:08 pm »

Crossover YTPs have been made, albeit using older content such as I.M.Meen, with varying levels of quality. there are also YTP “tennis” matches, though YTP in general seems to have fallen out of practice with the rise of the streamer/news/drama trinity.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

JustCallMePops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2019, 06:19:40 pm »

Also, can you please track viewcounts/fancounts/conditions in the OP's roster spoiler?

Done! Thanks for reminding me.

Week 3

Video Title: NotAnSmartGuy does something stupid.
Video Description: I set myself on fire and ride a unicycle  to a nearby pool.
Content Type: Honest
Trends Included: None

[3] Although you walked out with no serious injuries, your audience just doesn't seem to enjoy extreme stunt videos. +1300 views (300 regular, 1000 fan views)/-5 fans

Video Title: Debate or Dab
Video Description: ItsYaBoi performs a skit where the individual meets with random people across the YouTuber’s city where he challenges their political philosophy, if ItsYaBoi succeeds in changing there viewpoint he doesn’t have to constantly dab and sing the song Despacito, for every failure he must repeat this horrible torture of an experience.
Trends Included:

[1] You get knocked out by a weight-lifter for constantly bugging him, causing the video to be only 5 minutes long. You didn't even dab once... 41,000 views (1000 regular, 40,000 fan views)/ -15 fans (and a -1 next Video Roll for having your face look like a slab of raw meat, the people don't wanna see that)

Video Title: Mr Krabs Times in Vietnam
Video Description: An animated short. The Saga of Mr. Krabs and his ole' cabin-mate Plankton, watch as they go on a quest to rescue Mr Krabs Frist Dollar from the Vietcong and their commander Sum Ting Wung.

[6] Now THIS is some good shit. Fans and first-timers alike think you have went above and beyond to give them this wonderful video. Good luck topping this! +11,800 views (11,000 regular, 800 fan views)/ +45 fans

Is it too late to start? If it isn't, then I'm gonna put this here.

Name: Screech Gaming
Profile Description: Run of the mill gaming channel w/ extra screeching and reeing, as well as some misc content.
Views & Fans: 0 Views/0 Fans
Channel Health: Just Starting

Video Title: WATCHING SHITTY "DOING X AT 3 AM (CLICHE CHALLENGE TAG(S))" VIDEOS AT 3 AM (GONE SEXUAL) (COPS CALLED)
Video Description: A parody of generic "doing X at 3 am" videos. 'Nuff said.
Trends Included: lolno

[3] Not too bad, not too good. Typical for a first video though, hang in there. +50 views/+3 fans

Video Title: Internet and the Ants - Part Two
Video Description: This part two of a four videos long essay on how people are influenced by the newest yet most prolific type of media - the internet. Today I interview one of my viewers and talk with him about the role internet plays in creating his identity. After all, the greatest strength of the internet is it's anonymity and the greatest crises of modernity is anonymity and loneliness (especially ironic in an era of individualism). Internet allows us to create a new identity for ourselves, it lets us be who we secretly wish we were. Tonight challenge is as follows: don't hide your identity anymore. Spend a day being exactly who you want to be, be kind and thoughtful, and record yourself doing so. The person with the most views on their video shall join my Steam friendlist!!
Content Type: Honest.
Trends Included: None.

[5] The quality just keeps on coming! [1] Your promise horrifically backfires as the video with the most views is a choppy camcorder vid of a man dragging an oddly human-shaped trash bag and throwing it into a river. -1 to your next Video Roll for acting shaken-up on camera. +20,000 views (11,000 regular, 9,000 fan views)/+10 fans

Next Week's Trends

Deadmau5: Deadmau5 retires.
Sea Snail Appreciation Day: Out of all the animals, why this one?
#RememberRomeoville: Survivors remember the day of the 1984 Romeoville petrolium disaster 4 days late. Don't laugh at them :(

Spoiler: Roster (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2019, 06:23:18 pm »

Video Title: The Boyardee Debacle
Video Description: Mr. Krabs doesn't allow Beefaroni in his restaurant

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2019, 06:25:25 pm »

Video Title: NotAnSmartGuy plays with dogs.
Video Description: 1 hour long video of myself feeding, bathing and petting the dogs that attacked me in the first video.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2019, 06:32:45 pm »

Video Title: Topfragging in <generic subpar roblox battle royale game> to remember the victims of the Romeoville incident
Video Description: Just me somehow trying to tie remembering the Romeoville incident and montages of me playing your typical battle royale game on roblox, shitty free model fest games included.
Content Type: Trendy
Trends Included: #RememberRomeoville
it's over

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2019, 06:34:05 pm »

Video Title: DAEDMAUS HOUSECALL GONE SEXUAL GONE WRONG  #RMEMMERREOVILLE
Video Description: GAMING LEGEND DDEADMAU5 THE LBALD BRAZZERS MAN!?!?!?!???? AND HE DABS ON VICTIMS OF ROMEOVILEE!!!
Content Type: Trendy.
Trends Included: Deadmau5/#RememberRomeoville

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2019, 06:48:03 pm »

Video Title: Hypnosy on Camera (Actually Works!) (Not Fake!)
Video Description: ItsYaBoi with a ski mask on to hide his broken pride, will perform live hypnosis session on real people around town, amazed that they can convince them to sing Despacito and perform Fortnite Dances and not remembering what they did while hypnotized (Not Fake)
Trends Included: You think’s it’s applicable?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 06:57:18 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2019, 08:36:39 am »

I'd like to join if there's room.

Name: AnonymousPoodle8000
Profile Description: I do whatever seem like it would get lots of views while wearing a poodle mask to hide my identity.
Views & Fans: 0 Views/0 Fans
Channel Health: Just Starting

Video Template (for use when posting videos)
Video Title: I APPRECIATE SNAILS TO DEATH #IT GETS WEIRD #SEA SNAIL APPRECIATION DAY
Video Description: I kill snails with a hammer and eat salt in honor of Sea Snail Appreciation Day.
Content Type: Trendy
Trends Included: Sea Snail Appreciation Day
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:18:50 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2019, 09:12:49 am »

Video Template (for use when posting videos)
Video Title: I APPRECIATE SNAILS TO DEATH #IT GETS WEIRD #SEA SNAIL APPRECIATION DAY
Video Description: I kill snails with a hammer and eat salt in honor of Sea Snail Appreciation Day.
Trends Included: Sea Snail Appreciation Day

You can't have trends on honest videos, and you need trends on trendy videos.
it's over

JustCallMePops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2019, 02:17:19 pm »

Hey everyone, so I was thinking about introducing a "Comments" mechanic to the game, basically letting you get direct feedback, make polls and some other stuff, expanding upon how Shadowclaw and Cheesy Honkers have used comments to their advantage.

It probably won't make that big of a difference in the long run, but I think it'd be fun. What do you guys think?

Also, updates will be a bit sparse for the next day or two, I've gotten a bit busy. Sorry! I'll try and find time soon.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2019, 02:21:06 pm »

Good Idea

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2019, 02:25:57 pm »

I'm all for it, comments are a fourth of YouTube's content!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2019, 08:23:13 pm »

Hey everyone, so I was thinking about introducing a "Comments" mechanic to the game, basically letting you get direct feedback, make polls and some other stuff, expanding upon how Shadowclaw and Cheesy Honkers have used comments to their advantage.

It probably won't make that big of a difference in the long run, but I think it'd be fun. What do you guys think?

Also, updates will be a bit sparse for the next day or two, I've gotten a bit busy. Sorry! I'll try and find time soon.
oooh i wish that observers like myself could influence the game via this new mechanic.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2019, 09:14:25 pm »

oooh i wish that observers like myself could influence the game via this new mechanic.
What Dustan said. Much like many actual Youtube users, I'm not interested in full-scale participation but would enjoy influencing those who do participate.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4