Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Story of Violent Bob: A Modded Fallout 4 "Survival" Experience [YT Video]  (Read 3221 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey there, my dudes. It's me, ya boy MoP. I'm here today to inform you that some beautiful, glorious, intelligent bastard is currently running a playthrough of Fallout 4, with the intent of finishing the storyline for the first time ever. That person is a man known as Tree Lobster, who is also me, because this is a 10-year old forum account and I've since swapped my regular username to something that I didn't play Runescape with.

I started a Youtube channel a few month back with the intention of posting videos Monday through Friday, and while Enter the Gungeon is fun and all, I had the sudden urge to do something Fallout 4-related. At first it was going to be some sort of whole dumb thing, but I realized I never actually beat the game. I don't even wholly remember what I have played through. Considering I'm approaching 350 hours of playtime, I wanted to fix that and decided to give others the opportunity to join me in the experience.

I am by no means srs bsns when it comes to the game, nor do I play optimally. Games is for fun, my guys! As mentioned in that nifty title, I am playing on Survival difficulty with some mods. I'll list them in a spoiler below.

Fallout 4 videos are uploaded every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2pm EST, and I'll post here when I'm able to (I usually preupload at least a week ahead and may not be online when videos go public), so long as other people interact with the thread and it doesn't become a dodecapost. Episodes are planned to be between 20 and 40 minutes long with moderate editing for your convenience. We are currently nine episodes in. First episode is slow, because I had no idea what I was going to actually do, and also still have no idea. But the editing is better now!

For the record, while becoming internet famous would be amazing, I don't expect to. It's my personal opinion that everyone who is capable of sharing their gaming experience with others should do so. You might experience something unique, or hella cool, or maybe just be a funny dude with an interesting twist on things that you think is normal but actually isn't. That's why, even though my videos net on average like three views, I maintain the upload schedule. If I can eat up just one person's time and have them believe it was worth it then I've done what I set out to do.

Also, feedback is more than welcome. I didn't do any recording or editing prior to starting this channel, so I'm still learning and will gladly take advice.

Spoiler: Mods (click to show/hide)