Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tales from Entar: The Age of Silence [Artists wanted!]  (Read 2052 times)

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
Tales from Entar: The Age of Silence [Artists wanted!]
« on: July 30, 2019, 10:57:04 pm »

I recently got back into playing my original save, Entar (Home of the cursed fort of Silverypainted) and felt like writing up a dramatized version of what's happening in my world right now. By "dramatized" I naturally mean "Stuff I plan to do once I figure it out, with some in-universe handwaving to explain some of my previous DFHack experiments".

Whereas the previous "Tales from Entar" have been brief snippets ripped word-for-word from Legends, covering the fallen Megabeasts through the ages, mortality-obsessed kings, ghostly mayors having elections to try and oust themselves from office and have...themselves voted in, werebeast epidemics and gates to Hell itself, this will be written up as a more traditional story, with a few liberties taken in the form of some Fortress Mode characters here and there doing their own thing while my Adventurer formulates his master plan.

I also want to illustrate some of this but can't draw to save my life, if anyone's willing to help, PM me :)

Anyway, writing will take me a little while but I'll write a prologue for the time being, see if anyone's interest is piqued;

Entar. "The Legendary Land".

Year 1084, the 19th year of The Golden Age.

Nearly five years have passed since the continent-spanning wars came to an end. Dwarf, Elf and Human alike discovered the truth about the disaster of Silverypainted, and a truce was formed to hunt down the remaining weregila monsters that plagued Entar's heartlands.
In time, this shaky truce would become a grand alliance, ushering in a new age of peace and prosperity throughout the realm. As the armies of the three races stood down, the Human freeblades settled as farmers and the Dwarves' Great Vault was sealed, the peasantry of the land could roam the land safe from raiders for the first time in recorded history.

Meanwhile, on an undiscovered island far to the south, dark rituals were taking place. A warlord serving a nameless god of death had all of his people put to the sword, becoming an avatar to his god and being reborn as a figure known as "The Lord of Silence".
Knowing the world beyond his tiny island was awaiting him, the lord set sail, in search of the fabled civilized continent to the north, known as "The Legendary Land" in his native tongue.

For the first time since time began, Necromancy was coming to Entar, bringing the dreaded Age of Silence with it. Wether this newcomer succeeded or failed, the world would never be the same.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 10:31:26 pm by comicraider »

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 07:12:25 pm »

The Hardy Hills, on Entar's southwestern coast, early summer of 1084

"The Lord of Silence"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Human town of Alatesme, "Slappalms", in The Hardy Hills, Midsummer of 1084

Rono Ikashjir, Human treasure hunter

The Dwarven shanty town of Rallogem, "Silverypainted", heartlands of Entar

Astesh Kolcerol, Dwarven peasant

Ceslazjamas, "Oatmeetings", abandoned Human Fortress, a day's walk south from Rallogem

Asmel Bergesis, King of the Dwarves

Alatesme, two weeks later

Lapip Bengelgatak, Human lady of Alatesme

« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 07:10:42 pm by comicraider »

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales from Entar: The Age of Silence [Artists wanted!]
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 07:11:52 pm »

Chapter 1's pretty much done. I'm kinda dissatisfied about how it turned out and might simply dedicate each POV to a single chapter, ASOIAF-style. Not sure yet.