Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Hall of Fame & Library  (Read 56908 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Roll to Dodge Hall of Fame & Library
« on: August 02, 2019, 01:43:11 pm »

Welcome to the Roll to Dodge hall of fame

This is a place of honour for all the rolliest and dodgiest of roll to dodges on Bay12.
Think a game is excellent and worth reading? Then come on and vote for it. Doesn't matter if if it's short or long, old or new, minimalist or overly complex, as long as the quality is high.
Any game with 6 votes will forever be remembered here.

How do I nominate a RTD to the hall of fame?
-Simple, you post a link to the thread and a brief description of the game.

How do I vote for a RTD?
-You vote. Preferably with a bold +1. When a game has 6 votes, it will be added.

But what if a game sucks and I don't want it in the hall of fame?
-Then you can vote against it, preferably with a red -1

Here's a link to the previous Hall of Fame.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 12:09:25 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Hall of Fame & Library
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 01:43:59 pm »

The Hall of Fame
Active games

None at the moment.

Finished/abandoned/inactive games

Special People
A mission-based RTD with a motley crew of superpowered beings, tasked to complete missions handed out by a group of even more powerful Entities according to their mysterious whims.  Features death, explosions, and angry roombas.  And Alan.

Castlevania Roll to Dodge
A long-running RTD based on the Castlevania game series.

Deviation-22.
Dystopian Sci-fi RTD set in both the Sol and Epsilion Eridani solar systems. Features include psionics, cybernetics, technocratic Arbiters, insane programs with delusions of grandeur, jump gates of unknown providence, really bad attempts at disguise, Tarran's obsession with friendly fire, and more! The longest RTD currently in existence. You have been warned.

Einsteinian Roulette
The Hazardous Materials Requisition Corps sends criminals and unlucky people to search for shiny alien trinkets of dubious utility in every deathworld and hellhole they find in order to assist in the efforts of whichever war the dictatorial human government has gotten itself into. The unfortunate bastards whom the RtD center are based on a ship dominated by Steve, who may or may not be a complete reproduction of the GM's personality. The (most of times) unwilling volunteers then try to survive their first mission with a spacesuit which provides as much protection as a sweater and a fish bowl for their head. Then it gets worse.
Expect a) occasional death, b) loss of limbs and c) brains being put into robot bodies.

This awards-winning (or perhaps award-winning, seeing it has only won once 'til now) RTD also has a TVTropes page.

HISTORY: the Minimalist RTD
There's a warm, windy continent surrounded by sea, the players are on it, and they're nomadic tribesmen. From these facts and from the players' actions a world in the early stages of civilization is slowly born, focusing on the trials and tribulations of a single tribe as they try to survive, thrive and develop at a breakneck pace in a world that could be generously described as unfriendly toward their ambitions. Lives of wasted promise, unexpected success, inevitable failure and glorious destiny are all lived as the First Tribe creates their shared story of ascension.

Life Begins at Death? An Undead RTD Adventure
In a world where wizards roam free and cause trouble however they wish, one group of undead creatures must survive the demands of their master, the treacherous wilderness full of insidious threats, the unpredictable forces of magic, the machinations of demons, the wrath of the gods and random twists of fate as they loot, murder and sometimes avoid people on the road to power! Features cane magic, axe-craziness, horrible transformations, mass destruction and occasional good manners.

Looter's Delight
A perplexicon style deathmatch game where kills get rewarded with loot, ranging from a Lovecraftian glaive monster named Moretti to a hot cup of tea to Rick Astley, and most notoriously a pair of panties.

Minimalism and Milk
"So let me get this straight - The forces of chaos have joined forces with a goat completely human evil milk deity thing to fight myself and the God-Emperor of whatever, the harbringer of the apocalypse is proposing an offer to me, everyone is in the process of being enthralled by the power of Black Ukelele Metal, and the avatar of the Devil is fighting everyone?"

Minimalism and Milk 2
Holy Milk and Holy Cow. Just as with the first M&M, great minimalist game. Only goal: get milk. It spiraled out into a quest for the Unholy Pail (who stole the Holy Grail's milk), multiple attempts to destroy all life on earth (including one attempt by a very fed-up sun), and a massive battle at the site of a long-forgotten RTD.
10 out of 10, would milk again.

Minimalism and Milk 3
Minimalism and Milk IN SPAAACE! Join the crew of the Moloko as they boldly go where no man has gone before to seek out new milk. Along the way, they battle such enemies as the caprine deities known as the Seven, the mighty Thainos, and other threats. Also starring Silence the mime.

Minimalism and Milk 4
The final episode.
Spoiler: Spoilers for 3. (click to show/hide)

Mushroom Kingdom Wars
A plot-heavy, illustrated game loosely based on the Mario series. Up to six heroes quest to free Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach from Bowser's clutches.

Our Salvation

Perplexicon
A game in which the players are given only a book, and the clothes on their backs, and are tasked with the objective to killing all other players using the words in the magic book. But the meaning of every word in the book is unknown, and the players must also figure out the meanings of the words to conjure bizarre objects and creatures. Run by the well-known Piecewise, with his other game (Einsteinian Roulette) gracing the top of the Hall of Fame, right above.

Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy
Gritty and realistic, RBAGS is a slow-burning and tense journey into the dark heart of mid-Edwardian era espionage as the combined forces of good come together to protect the Great British Empire.

Roll to Create a Supersoldier by AoshimaMichio. It's a game with two sets of players - one of supergenius scientists hired by a stereotypical evil corporation to create supersoldiers, who do mad science and shit to create the ultimate soldier, and the other, the supersoldier volunteers, elite volunteers that are molded into transhuman monstrosities by their scientist bosses. They're then sent out to kill one another in brutal live-fire trials to see which design is the best.

Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail
A rather minimalist illustrated game where players spawn in and shoot each other in the face for no reason at all. Also kj1225 became a god.

Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia
Ponies, historical figures, celebrities and cultural icons try to take down Princess Celestia's oppressive rule with a bloody revolution under General Luna. It features a multitude of rappers, dark lords, psychos, knights, gangsters, samurais, generals, aliens, wizards, B-ballers and much more brawling it out in an all-out interdimensional war.

Roll to Dodge the Law
What started out as a 'you are a criminal, you must escape the cops' minimalist RTD quickly evolved into a battle for control of the afterlife, rendered null by me rewriting history for the past 70 million years, and establishing a space whale empire which eventually collapsed and a generic evil empire rose up in it's place. I eventually screwed up the place with more time shenanigans, but the Time Cops came. They promptly got killed, and my past self invaded the future.

Roll to Magic
And they are off! Mages of all affinities, powers, and strengths battle each other on a magical sky duck island! Adamantine mechs! Horrible one-shot-kills! Demonstrations of Grey's Law: any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice! Not to mention the empowered shards of pure magic that all here fight for! Roll to Magic: mages galore engage in a deathmatch through chaos, chaos, more chaos, and deities. Not many of those... I hope. And so much more, including magic essences, magic minions, magic loot, magic items... and you've got it: magic spells! Note that victory is never guaranteed, and luck cannot be relied on. Magic! Madness! Chaos! Power! And above all... grisly deathmatch magical murder! Behold, Roll to Magic!

Roll to Priest
Part homage, part never-happened road-trip sitcom, Roll to Priest is a journey through the baffling but total day-to-day incompetence of average everyday priests on their quest from the farthest reaches of rural Ireland to the very heart of the Vatican. Unfortunately that never-happened bit refers to the fact they never left their native villages. Focuses very much on a new unique challenge each episode, with generally the same ending: screaming naked arson with multiple repetitions of the word Feck. Also contains authorised swearing, Latin, and an anonymous Mass-off/Priestmatch colour-coded selection process. Light-hearted in tone.
~Fin~

Roll to Roll to Dodge
Created by Gatleos, the Roll to Roll to Dodge series was perhaps one of the few who could match Multiworld Madness for sheer (Technical) numbers of players and quality, and is where RTD legend Derm began his heinous career of terror among the RTD community. Also the only game to have a Trope Page.

Roll to Seek the Grail
Four knights at a time quest for the Holy Grail as shenanigans and injuries ensue at their every move.

RTD horrors
The players are eldritch horrors. The objective is simple: master the world by killing all the other horrors. The methods are not simple. And they only get more complicated over time.
Your cultists: idiots. Your rituals and artifacts: unreliable. Your luck: even more unreliable. And let's not forget about your inquisitors...
The game has incredible depth. And incredible hilarity. And it's only getting better.
+10 moon monster inquisitors, good sir.

The Magnificent Timelord
"Hmmf Evil has reigned for too long, man," thought the Magnificent Timelord to himself. "Time for some ch-ch-changes... Time for Evil to face the pain... Or something..."
Four of humanity's finest join David Bowie's sequin-fuelled crusade through time, space, and an intricate plot to rid Earth of the greatest evils ever known. Featuring guest stars, guest speedos, dinoHITLER, and astounding acts of individual heroism!

The Multiworld Madness games I
Created by the pioneer of the RTD genre and may even be the first of their kind, the first Multiworld Madness game is a repository of top notch GMing, perhaps the best there ever was. Ground to a halt under its own sheer size after three years of struggling along, and then sprouted a sequel.

Undead Hunt

Fight to survive and save others in a world forgotten by gods, where undead monstrosities, fiery demons and horrifying dark spirits roam the land. A class-based survival RTD with freeform character progression and dynamic, skill-based combat.

YOU AT FINAL BOSS
Titanic beings of unimaginable power, the Players, war for victory against the ambiguous Lich, Final Boss of All. Plots entwine and twist and mutate into new forms. Alliances rise and fall, never to be remembered, only destroyed. Whole wars are fought, entire realms devastated, to sate the sick pleasures of the Dark Ones.
In the place beyond time and death, there is only war. War and the laughter of thirsting gods.
Also TVTropes.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 10:41:27 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 01:44:50 pm »

Library and nominations

Active games

None at the moment.

Finished/abandoned/inactive Games

Roll To Dodge - A Crazy Forum Game 3 votes.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 03:24:31 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Hall of Fame & Library:Dawn of the Dragon Overlord
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 02:01:13 pm »

Alright, the old votes have been counted. Undead Hunt and Minimalism and Milk 2 have been added to the Hall of Fame, and Our Salvation has been moved to the "inactive games" section. I wasn't sure if I should move Special People yet. Maybe we could just remove the "active/inactive" distinction in the lists? RTDs are regularly abandoned without warning, or revived after a long hiatus, or stop and start on an unpredictable schedule all the time. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between an inactive game and one where the GM just posts rarely.

Anyway, it might be a moot point. I haven't read Tiruin's reorganized Hall yet.
My mods and forum games.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 02:58:12 pm »

Posting to watch and contribute! Cheers Enemy Post :D

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 04:10:07 pm »

PTW

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 07:21:26 am »

PTW
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 08:38:09 pm »

Also PTW.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 09:34:26 am »

ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 04:51:02 pm »

If there are no objections, I'm going to go ahead and delete all the games in the Nominations section. They're all years old, and nobody has voted for them since they were nominated.

*Since it's been a month and nobody objected, I'll remove those games.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 07:09:29 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 12:47:20 pm »

Can I just nominate EP to this? I know this is for nominating games, but I feel EP deserves to be put in as an outstanding GM. He’s had 4 games that are all major milestones in the forum history and is simply an amazing GM to play with.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 12:47:38 pm »

I do believe we need to induct M&M 4 as the first new Hall of Fame member in this new thread?

EDIT: Wait a second, did M&M 3 never get inducted? We're inducting it now. M&M 3 and 4 both need to be here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 12:53:42 pm »

Alright, Minimalism and Milk 3 and 4 are both nominated, with 2 votes each. Thanks! I'll abstain from voting on them since I run the Hall, but hopefully they make it in. They both need four more votes to make it in.
My mods and forum games.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 12:55:58 pm »

+1 for both the third and fourth entry of M&M games.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 01:00:44 pm »

+1 for both the third and fourth entry of M&M games.
+1
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: [1] 2 3