Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few important questions  (Read 2676 times)

Warthog32332

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A few important questions
« on: September 18, 2019, 12:15:34 pm »

I have a few questions about the mod, I've already checked for these things on the wiki to no avail, pretty inconsequential things but questions all the same.
1. What is the Orrery and what does it do?
2. I noticed for steel you need iron, pig iron, flux, and carbon, much like the vanilla, but I cant find where to make pig iron, normally it's in the smelter but it's not there. And what about carbon? I would assume it would come from sand or something right? But how do I obtain it.
3. Joining guilds or using garrisons require the spending of gold, but I can't figure out how exactly to get it, is it literally just gold as in bars? Or is it gold coins or...?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: A few important questions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 04:40:12 pm »

1. The orrery changes the way speed passes ingame. It slows down/speeds up time. For example at half speed, you have twice as much time to do stuff, before the year is over. It's great if you want less migrants, sieges, etc.

2. All alloys were removed from the smelter and put into the Metallurgist. You make brass, electrum, pig iron, etc there.

3. It's gold coins; minted from gold bars in your regular vanilla DF forge. Your metalsmith will mint stacks of 500 gold coins in the forge. See this: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Currency
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warthog32332

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A few important questions
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 04:46:36 pm »

1. The orrery changes the way speed passes ingame. It slows down/speeds up time. For example at half speed, you have twice as much time to do stuff, before the year is over. It's great if you want less migrants, sieges, etc.

2. All alloys were removed from the smelter and put into the Metallurgist. You make brass, electrum, pig iron, etc there.

3. It's gold coins; minted from gold bars in your regular vanilla DF forge. Your metalsmith will mint stacks of 500 gold coins in the forge. See this: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Currency

Awesome! Thank you! Also I was looking around through the various gem workshops and I dont suppose it'd be possible to make gem-tipped arrows that I happened to miss somewhere is it?