Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)  (Read 11467 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2019, 01:51:27 pm »

Quote from: anonymoushuman
You should probably check to make sure zombies and/or humans aren’t blocking the way out

Way out still looks clear, unless they're waiting to ambush me. I hope zombies don't do that. Survivors could probably loot this place themselves for less effort than it would take to kill me and take my toolbelt.

Check the building of any sign about rentable trucks, if there are some go check the offices and see if you can find any keys, because any kind of vehicle is better than no vehicle.

The roads all looked pretty clogged up with stopped cars, is it still worth getting? I think I saw some keys when I was looking in the break room. There is probably a car somewhere around here.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2019, 06:49:17 am »

Zombies don't ambush people.

When you say the streets are clogged do you mean a car couldn't go down them or would a car have trouble going down them?

Also do you even have a drivers license or know how to drive, because if you can't drive then forget about the car because we don't need you getting into a wreck.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2019, 11:42:12 pm »

Zombies don't ambush people.

When you say the streets are clogged do you mean a car couldn't go down them or would a car have trouble going down them?

Also do you even have a drivers license or know how to drive, because if you can't drive then forget about the car because we don't need you getting into a wreck.

Its basically a really big traffic jam with a couple of crashes. I could walk down the streets OK, but I don't know if I could use the roads. Maybe the sidewalks? If I had something small?

I can totally drive! Finally, my normal-person skills are coming in handy!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2019, 01:52:31 am »

Given the traffic situation you might as well forget about the car, at least for now.

Also did you get a small crowbar and a small pair of bolt cutters?

Now that you are equipped your gonna want to look at the GPS again and see if there are any other interesting places to loot around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2019, 04:21:33 pm »

Given the traffic situation you might as well forget about the car, at least for now.

Also did you get a small crowbar and a small pair of bolt cutters?

Now that you are equipped your gonna want to look at the GPS again and see if there are any other interesting places to loot around.

I think so, yes!

What do you mean by interesting places?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2019, 04:24:05 pm »

restraints, houses, more shops, that kind of thing

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2019, 07:41:56 am »

Also be on the look out for pawn shops, they sometimes have some good shit, like guns and ammo, and also look for grocery stores.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2019, 11:37:31 am »

Restraints? I uh, don't think there is any shops like that around here.

Also be on the look out for pawn shops, they sometimes have some good shit, like guns and ammo, and also look for grocery stores.

There is a Wallmart nearby. I don't see any pawnshops though.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2019, 11:44:23 am »

That's weird, I don't think I've seen a large town that didn't have at least one pawnshop.

Anyway Wallmart has probably been looted, and the zombies might have headed that way, are there any dollar stores around they usually have food.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2019, 12:17:19 pm »

That's weird, I don't think I've seen a large town that didn't have at least one pawnshop.

Anyway Wallmart has probably been looted, and the zombies might have headed that way, are there any dollar stores around they usually have food.

Its more like "There are none in a twenty minute walk". I could probably look further if pawn shops are like the number one looting spot or something, if going deeper into the city is a good idea.

There is a dollar store about ten minutes away.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2019, 01:27:34 pm »

yes, go to the dollar store

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2019, 02:13:53 am »

yes, go to the dollar store
Yeah it should at least have some foods that are shelf stable, and maybe even a backpack.

Also be cautious just because you don't see any zombies now, doesn't mean you wont find any on the way there.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2019, 10:27:27 pm »

Looting a dollar store is much less exciting. I could have gotten anything I wanted from there before the zombies! I guess my new status as basically a hobo has yet to catch up with me.

Here goes nothing.

1 Rebar (With duct-tape handle)
1 thing of plastic bags
1 Phone (92%)
1 phone charger
3 cartons OJ
3 cartons milk
Bedsheet/magazine armbands (Taken off and placed in bag)
Wallet (Key card, ID, $100)
Leather work gloves
Plastic Goggles
Hardhat
Toolbelt
-Hammer
-Pliers
-Wire-cutter
-screw driver
-Saw
-box of nails
-Little Pickaxe thing
-Mini-crowbar
-Bolt cutter

Toolbag
Duct tape (3 rolls)
Walkie-talky

Subforum: General_Advice
Thread: Please Help! (Fresh_Meat_746) (12 min later)

I heard a bunch of gunshots, and the road is clear. There where some corpses (uh, what do you call dead zombies? I'll stick with corpses for now) with their heads popped off on the path. I don't know if someone is going around killing them or if all their gunfire attracted them away but I should be able to travel pretty quickly until that is done with.

This one looks empty too. All the stuff got knocked over though, its all lying on the ground making it hard to sort through. Looks like there is some broken glass and ceramic. I see a couple of candybars in the impulse buy section, or at least on the ground near them. Some stains in the corner that I hope are from the stuff that spilled off. What should I get while I'm here?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2019, 02:02:08 am »

If you have something to protect your hand and an empty container, you can collect the glass shards and the ceranuc, break the ceramic to receive more shards. These shards from broken glass and broken glazed clay can then be thrown at hostile humans or thrown at animals you are hunting. This won’t be too effective on undead targets, but if you are after living things, they will cause lots of bleed damage and pain to the target. If you are hunting animals, make sure to remove the shards from the carcass before butchering it

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2019, 12:11:08 pm »

If you have something to protect your hand and an empty container, you can collect the glass shards and the ceranuc, break the ceramic to receive more shards. These shards from broken glass and broken glazed clay can then be thrown at hostile humans or thrown at animals you are hunting. This won’t be too effective on undead targets, but if you are after living things, they will cause lots of bleed damage and pain to the target. If you are hunting animals, make sure to remove the shards from the carcass before butchering it
I don't think throwing broken glass at people will be an effective tool to cause damage.

As for things to look for in the store, a can opener and any kind of nonperishable food and drinks.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9