Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)  (Read 11454 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2019, 01:09:02 am »

...Alright y'know what I need to suggest stuff. This amuses me too much for me to just watch it happen.
Quote from: Rifledorf314
Eh, sure, hang onto the curtain rod. It's not great, but it's better than nothing I guess-- you could shove a zombie out a window with it or whatever, if you had to.

Ok, got it! Things don't look good out there. It is too dark to see much, but there are a couple of fires and a bunch of noise. Its...really scary.

Ok, sounds like you don't have much in the room. That's bad luck, but you need to make the best of what you've got. Unless you're wearing a couple of layers on your arms and legs, you're going to want to tear some strips off the bedsheets. Don't worry about the hotel bill. Trust me, there's not gonna be one. Ok, you need to wrap those strips around your arms and legs, not too tight, but tight enough that they stay on. This is your last line of defence against biters, and it's not much, but it might save your life. Plus, strips like that can be used for makeshift bandages and crafting tools.

Next, you're going to have to take some deep breaths, and leave the room. Don't worry brah, you can do this. There might be some level of organisation in your building still, in which case you'll have to play that by ear. I'd say cooperation is usually the best method when it comes to survivor groups, but it's your call, man.

If there's noone outside, first thing to do is explore the hotel quietly, checking exits, staying away from windows. You're going to want to have a look for food in the kitchen, unless you fancy eating people. There's a couple of guides for group cannibalism on the Guides subforum btw, but let's try and not let it get to that stage.

Lust_4_Life87

It was kinda hard to tear it with my bare hands, but I think I got my mummy armor ready! I hope this isn't some plan to make my meat more tender, I'm pretty sure I'm on the "eaten dog" side of a dog eat dog world.

Quote from: SpecieSept
I agree with Life87 up there. Try to use one of the dowels as a weapon, and remember -- swing into the skull to kill them. As for anti-bite advice, if you run across some glossy magazines, tie them onto your forearms as bracers. Quite difficult for them to bite through.

If the door has a peephole, use it before you step out. Information is key. By the way, in case you run into a Zack/Zed/Zombie/Infected/Walker, fight them only as a last resort, and only one at a time.

Is there like, a technique to bashing zombie skulls, or do I just let my lizard brain take over and start slamming? I think I can stuff some magazines into my new arm binders easy, maybe people asking about my strange new outfit will help me make friends.

Looks like the hallway is clear. Looks like I'll have to do this myself. I'll post again if I make it to the kitchen. If I don't post back, well, thanks for everything! I couldn't have made it this far without you guys. I really feel like I have a chance now.

Here I go....

Subforum: General_Advice
Thread: Please Help! (Fresh_Meat_746) (15 minutes later)

Found the kitchen! Not much here though. It was more of a "free continental breakfast" kind of kitchen, everything was already packaged and ready for anyone running from this place to pick up. Looks like they left most of the drinks, some pulpy orange juice and some 2% milk. I didn't run into anyone on the way here. The front door isn't too far off, it looks like someone put their car in front of it (to block it off? to load stuff up?), It'd be pretty hard to squeeze past. Some screams keep coming past it.

They had some magazines in the little reception room, I'll be adding them to my binders while waiting for replies. Oh and I did see some food in the vending machines! Some gateraid and soda too, but I have no idea how to get them while still being "quite" so I just left them for later.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2019, 07:21:33 am »

Alright, not bad. You've been doing well so far, so hopefully we can work to get you off into safety. If you're feeling a bit thirsty, now's the perfect time to take a sip and think about the road ahead. Shame about the lack of food, but that can be solved later. For now, maybe find an unlocked room to do some manufacturing work!

...by that, I mean making a hobo bag. Take another dowel from somewhere, and then rip and tie the bedsheets into a bag, which you'll want to attach to the rod. Be sure to set it down before fighting something, to avoid it getting in your way. Anyhow, considering you're reasonably safe for the moment, maybe look for a janitor's closet or through other nearby rooms.

Should have some helpful things. Anyhow, for beginner's staff fighting, just remember to hold it with two hands some distance apart, and swing onto the head. Preferably a diagonal downwards strike, but it doesn't especially matter so long as you're trying to pulp the important bit.

Avanti!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2019, 07:39:16 am »

Quote from: King Zultan
I don't know why you want him to waste his time making a bag on a stick, when he's in a hotel there's bound to be a backpack around somewhere or even a messenger bag or a small suitcase, its better to use something premade and save time than use up time he might not have making something that he has access to.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2019, 12:13:49 pm »

'Ey, how thick'n'heavy is that curtain rod of yours? Is it one of those trashy skinny little things, or could you properly clobber someone with it?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2019, 11:55:24 pm »

You should definitely check out the janitor's closet. See if there are any tools.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2019, 01:23:31 am »

Alright, not bad. You've been doing well so far, so hopefully we can work to get you off into safety. If you're feeling a bit thirsty, now's the perfect time to take a sip and think about the road ahead. Shame about the lack of food, but that can be solved later. For now, maybe find an unlocked room to do some manufacturing work!

...by that, I mean making a hobo bag. Take another dowel from somewhere, and then rip and tie the bedsheets into a bag, which you'll want to attach to the rod. Be sure to set it down before fighting something, to avoid it getting in your way. Anyhow, considering you're reasonably safe for the moment, maybe look for a janitor's closet or through other nearby rooms.

Should have some helpful things. Anyhow, for beginner's staff fighting, just remember to hold it with two hands some distance apart, and swing onto the head. Preferably a diagonal downwards strike, but it doesn't especially matter so long as you're trying to pulp the important bit.

I'm on the ground floor right now, should I risk going near a window to get a new curtain rod? I was told to avoid windows if I could earlier, and don't wanna do something stupid already.

My throat was apparently really dry. I drank more than I expected. Should I keep the little plastic container things? I'll have to take a few practice swings when my life isn't in immediate danger.

Quote from: King Zultan
I don't know why you want him to waste his time making a bag on a stick, when he's in a hotel there's bound to be a backpack around somewhere or even a messenger bag or a small suitcase, its better to use something premade and save time than use up time he might not have making something that he has access to.

I didn't see any in the hallway on the way here, I'll keep my eyes out for pre-made mobile storage thingies.

Should I start making a list? Of things I have or want to do? Just so you guys don't have to go back and check every time (especially if I'm like, bleeding out)

'Ey, how thick'n'heavy is that curtain rod of yours? Is it one of those trashy skinny little things, or could you properly clobber someone with it?

It...looks even wimpier than I am. Cheap little thing will probably break after a good hit or two.

You should definitely check out the janitor's closet. See if there are any tools.

Was on my way there! The janitor (maid? Is it janitors or maids who clean hotels?) closet was just around the corner, no lock or anything.

I don't really see much in here. There is a bucket and mop, push broom, tub-thing, some cleaning chemicals, and plastic garbage bags. Anything good?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2019, 01:31:56 am »

Does the head on the mop or broom come off? The pole is probably more chunky than that curtain rail,  so you might be able to upgrade your armament.

I'd also grab those garbage bags.  They'll be a little noisy if you use them to carry stuff, but they can also be used as a waterproof lining in the case you find an actual real bag later.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2019, 04:28:43 am »

Does the head on the mop or broom come off? The pole is probably more chunky than that curtain rail,  so you might be able to upgrade your armament.

I'd also grab those garbage bags.  They'll be a little noisy if you use them to carry stuff, but they can also be used as a waterproof lining in the case you find an actual real bag later.
+1 to this. And do start making a list of possessions for us, please.

Don't go near ground floor windows, to make a hobo bag get a curtain rod from upstairs.

Ok, it's almost time to think about leaving the hotel. Without food supplies or allies, buildings like this are a deathtrap, with multiple entrances, dead ends, and very few options for defence. Do you know what buildings are immediately adjacent? What's the situation on the street outside?

Also, you kept the orange juice, right? If you manage to make or find a bag, grab it, maybe some milk too. That's good calories right there, along with vitamins and maybe even some fibre.

Lust_4_life87
One wheel short of a wagon

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2019, 07:31:15 am »

Good luck finding the broom/mop dealies. The poles on those are likely to be a good deal better than your curtain rod. Anyhow, now that you can start thinking about escape...

Well, let's just say that going out on ground level is likely to kill you. How good are you at distance jumping? Perhaps you could building-hop to safety.

Avanti!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 09:44:47 pm »

Alright, lets see...

Items:
1 Broom handle
1 thing of plastic bags
1 Phone (98%)
1 phone charger
Bedsheet/magazine armbands
Wallet (Key card, ID, $100)

Broom head screws off easy, so I switched them out as suggested. It does feel a good deal sturdier! Mop handle looks like it is connected a bit, but I could probably pull it off if I like, needed a second stick for something. I also got the garbage bags, but it is getting kinda hard to hold everything.

+1 to this. And do start making a list of possessions for us, please.

Don't go near ground floor windows, to make a hobo bag get a curtain rod from upstairs.

Ok, it's almost time to think about leaving the hotel. Without food supplies or allies, buildings like this are a deathtrap, with multiple entrances, dead ends, and very few options for defence. Do you know what buildings are immediately adjacent? What's the situation on the street outside?

Also, you kept the orange juice, right? If you manage to make or find a bag, grab it, maybe some milk too. That's good calories right there, along with vitamins and maybe even some fibre.

Lust_4_life87

I think most of the upstairs doors are locked, I could just use the one I am replacing with my broom handle maybe? I could spend more time looking for an unlocked door if you guys think it would be worth it.

I don't know the area, but my GPS is still working. Nearby buildings look like....a restaurant...an autoshop...and a gym. It is still too dark to see and I've avoided the windows, but it doesn't sound good. Still screaming and stuff. Some car horns going off. Some moaning, maybe? Its hard to hear over my heart beating.

I left the orange juice, but like I said it is just around the corner. I can go back to get more. Should I just start filling up a garbage bag, or go for the hobo bundle?

Good luck finding the broom/mop dealies. The poles on those are likely to be a good deal better than your curtain rod. Anyhow, now that you can start thinking about escape...

Well, let's just say that going out on ground level is likely to kill you. How good are you at distance jumping? Perhaps you could building-hop to safety.

I haven't tried it. Well I like did the thing in school where you have to jump for distance, if that counts.

I uh, don't think I could make the jump.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 10:17:17 pm »

Do the hobo bag, take the juice and milk, then get some spare bedding. Go to the roof, lock the door behind you, and make a bed up there.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2019, 01:41:23 am »

No point making the hobo bag, just grab a pair of trash bags, doublebag them for extra durability (dont want your stuff to 3xplode everywhere when you're running away from something), then start dumping stuff in there for now.

Unless we desperately want to find a bag, our best bet is to either find other survivors in the hotel, or you'll need to take a peek out of a window and check the situation out there. You may have to steel yourself for that, cos by the sounds of it, its gonna be a grim view.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2019, 04:18:51 am »

Seems like it'd be safer if you went up to the second floor and looked out the windows there, there's bound to be ones that look out the front or the back you could use.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2019, 03:30:21 pm »

PTW

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2019, 06:46:55 pm »

Items:
1 Broom handle
1 thing of plastic bags
1 Phone (98%)
1 phone charger
Bedsheet/magazine armbands
Wallet (Key card, ID, $100)

Do the hobo bag, take the juice and milk, then get some spare bedding. Go to the roof, lock the door behind you, and make a bed up there.

No point making the hobo bag, just grab a pair of trash bags, doublebag them for extra durability (dont want your stuff to 3xplode everywhere when you're running away from something), then start dumping stuff in there for now.

Unless we desperately want to find a bag, our best bet is to either find other survivors in the hotel, or you'll need to take a peek out of a window and check the situation out there. You may have to steel yourself for that, cos by the sounds of it, its gonna be a grim view.

So which is it guys? Hobo bag or plastic? Or look for a suitcase?

Seems like it'd be safer if you went up to the second floor and looked out the windows there, there's bound to be ones that look out the front or the back you could use.

I saw some on the way down, it shouldn't be too hard to backtrack to them. I'll set my stuff down for now and make the trip.

Its...still too dark to see much. All the lights are out. It looks like a couple of fires have started, building and a couple of cars are on fire. Some cars have their lights on too. None of them are moving, though, mostly the lights just point to another car in front of them. Some look like they still have people in them, maybe. Something is moving inside at least. Some...flashlights? Phones? Some moving points of light are out there too.

Oh...I think I see one...scathing at a car's window in the distance. Three buildings down the road maybe? There are some other things that look like their moving, but I can't tell what they are clearly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9