Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)  (Read 11452 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2019, 07:57:11 pm »

Quote from: anonymoushuman
To the question about containers, the double lined bag sounds like the best bet.

To the situation outside, I’m thinking it would be best to assume that the moving things you can’t discern are walking corpses. Do you see a path free of humans? Living or undead? That leads to any of the buildings?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2019, 06:13:07 am »

To the situation outside, I’m thinking it would be best to assume that the moving things you can’t discern are walking corpses. Do you see a path free of humans? Living or undead? That leads to any of the buildings?
+1 To this.

In regards to the container use the doubled bags unless you come across a suitcase or backpack.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2019, 01:01:29 am »

Items:
1 Broom handle
1 thing of plastic bags
1 Phone (98%)
1 phone charger
Bedsheet/magazine armbands
Wallet (Key card, ID, $100)

Double-plastic bag for things not in pockets

To the question about containers, the double lined bag sounds like the best bet.

I see a couple of paths that look open...looks like there is a path at least two broomsticks wide to any nearby building. I'll probably have to get close to someone for the further buildings though. It looks like most of the people and...well not-people are close to the road now. Maybe because that is where all the noise and light are? It looks like there is some fighting going on. I think it is against the zombies but I can't tell.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2019, 06:42:39 am »

You probably will want to wait until daylight to try to leave the building.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2019, 08:08:22 am »

In daylight things are easier to see and thus avoid, though in darkness it’s easier to avoid the living humans. It sounds like the undead are distracted by the other living ones. Maybe you should use one of the empty paths now before someone else finds them

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2019, 08:15:04 am »

Yeah, sounds like nothing too bad is happening in your building, so I'd agree with that. If the Zs aren't entering, just find a place in the hotel with a couple of possible exits and wait for dawn.
If you feel like you need to sleep, set up some basic intruder alerts at chokepoints to alert you to undead stumbling in, and leave some knee-high objects nearby to trip undead.

Intruder alerts aren't hard to make. Just hang or balance some metal stuff, china, glass, etc on a door, preferably filled with coins or marbles or something, and if Zs stumble into them, they'll make enough noise to wake you up. That way, you can sleep with some security.

Don't worry too much. Zs are pretty slow, and only really dangerous in crowds. Otherwise, we'd probably all be dead, tbh.

Lust_4_Life87
One wheel short of a wagon

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2019, 09:31:27 pm »

tems:
1 Broom handle
1 thing of plastic bags
1 Phone (98%)
1 phone charger
3 cartons OJ
3 cartons milk

Double-plastic bag for things not in pockets

Went down and got more drinks while waiting for replies.

Yeah, sounds like nothing too bad is happening in your building, so I'd agree with that. If the Zs aren't entering, just find a place in the hotel with a couple of possible exits and wait for dawn.
If you feel like you need to sleep, set up some basic intruder alerts at chokepoints to alert you to undead stumbling in, and leave some knee-high objects nearby to trip undead.

Intruder alerts aren't hard to make. Just hang or balance some metal stuff, china, glass, etc on a door, preferably filled with coins or marbles or something, and if Zs stumble into them, they'll make enough noise to wake you up. That way, you can sleep with some security.

Don't worry too much. Zs are pretty slow, and only really dangerous in crowds. Otherwise, we'd probably all be dead, tbh.

Lust_4_Life87

I should be good on rest, I just woke up a bit ago after-all. Just a couple hours until morning anyway.

Someone earlier said the roof would work, if I'm staying here should I go there, my room, or find some third spot?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2019, 05:16:52 am »

I don't see why you can't go sit in your room until daylight, but keep the door blocked just in case.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2019, 05:33:59 am »

If you don't need sleep, I'd instead recommend somewhere comfortable with multiple exits, instead of your room, which presumably only has one.

Does this place have any communal spaces on the first floor? (By which I mean the first floor above the ground floor. Brits and Americans disagree on definitions here, so I want to make sure we're on the same page).

Actually!

Do you know which rooms the other plane passengers/people who organised that plane were staying in? You might be able to group together for mutual defence.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2019, 08:13:34 pm »

If you don't need sleep, I'd instead recommend somewhere comfortable with multiple exits, instead of your room, which presumably only has one.

Does this place have any communal spaces on the first floor? (By which I mean the first floor above the ground floor. Brits and Americans disagree on definitions here, so I want to make sure we're on the same page).

Actually!

Do you know which rooms the other plane passengers/people who organised that plane were staying in? You might be able to group together for mutual defence.

Second floor (USA) up is mostly just hallways and rooms. All the like facilities and stuff are on the ground floor.

I don't know which rooms they where staying in, or if they where even in the hotel. Everyone on that plane was just as much a stranger to me as everyone in this hotel is/was anyway. Do you think there are still people hiding in their rooms like I was?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2019, 10:05:40 pm »

Possibly, though they may or may not interpret you as a threat. Humans can be dangerous as well

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2019, 06:37:55 am »

Possibly, though they may or may not interpret you as a threat. Humans can be dangerous as well
Yeah, you might be safer just leave the other people alone and wait for the sun to rise with out them.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2019, 02:46:25 am »

Alright. Time to sit tight and pray for daylight then. See you later, if the sun comes up before I go down.

Subforum: General_Advice
Thread: Please Help! (Fresh_Meat_746) (3H 45M later)

Items:
1 Broom handle
1 thing of plastic bags
1 Phone (97%)
1 phone charger
3 cartons OJ
3 cartons milk

First sunrise of the zombie apocalypse! I like to think it was an accomplishment surviving the night, but I really didn't do much. It was actually kinda boring. Tried to get to the roof, but the door was locked and blocked so I just went back to my own room and rested on the bed. Really wanted to play phone games or something, but I really need this battery to not-die.

Just looked out the window expecting to see a pretty sunrise and threw up. I hope I don't have to like, re-eat that for nutrients. There is people parts everywhere. Like EVERYWHERE everywhere. Its like they tried painting the streets with them. I didn't think they would be such...sloppy eaters. I think I saw a couple of the windows boarded up in one of the buildings, and there are like maybe ten of those things in front of the hotel.

So folks how do I not join the street-painting today?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2019, 03:25:18 am »

Sense there are several zombies in front lets avoid it for now, are there any windows that look out the back of the building, if there are see if there are any zombies behind the hotel.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2019, 06:19:35 am »

Sense there are several zombies in front lets avoid it for now, are there any windows that look out the back of the building, if there are see if there are any zombies behind the hotel.
Agreed, check the back
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9