Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)  (Read 11468 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh_Meat_746: Surviving with the Internet (SG)
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2019, 11:44:33 am »

Quote from: Rifledorf314
Ahh, I see what you mean... yeah, alright. Rebar for the dead, pickaxe for the living.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2019, 11:53:29 am »

Quote from: anonymoushuman Jersey
[quote author=Superdorf link=topic=174403.msg8021685#msg8021685 date=1567874673
Ahh, I see what you mean... yeah, alright. Rebar for the dead, pickaxe for the living.
+1 this is good
[/quote]

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2019, 02:49:55 pm »

Quote from: anonymoushuman
How big are the shovels? Pickaxes can possibly stab into the skull and help break through rock. Though you would have to pick either the shovel or the pickaxe depending on whether you want a blunt weapon or a stabbing weapon. Take some plants and seeds too for farming at some point and food

Normal shovel size? There are like trowels and snow shovels too I guess, but they're like about the length of my broom handle. I don't know if a blunt or stabbing weapon is better so I'm just going with whatever you guys say is best really.

Ya know why we're ignoring that trope? We're ignoring that trope 'cos it's really really hard to cut flesh with a machete. Sure, the thing can be done with a real sharp machete and a ton of practice-- but a blade fresh out of the hardware store and a kid who's never struck to kill in his life? It'd never work.

Grab a pickaxe, like anonymoushuman said. Nice little geologist's pick, the one-handed kind. They're fairly light, and you don't need much training to drive a spike like that through somebody's skull!

Also, maybe check... does this place have a section for hunting gear? If so, you're golden.

We have those little pick things! I honestly thought it was like a hammer or something. I don't really see much hunting/outdoor gear, there are a couple of hunting-type knives with the pocket knives though if that makes any sense? Like this one here is made out of an antler.

Also, maybe check... does this place have a section for hunting gear? If so, you're golden.
I doubt it, sounds like he's in Home Depot or something like that, they don't usually have anything like that.

Actually I just thought of a item that will work, a crowbar its similar to rebar but it can also pry open doors and other things.

We got some of those here! They're much shorter than the bar I found, and there are a bunch of weird variants, but I'm pretty sure this is a crowbar.

Depending on the kind of hardware store this is, they may be carrying some heavy duty satchels or rucksacks, the kind workmen might keep their tools in. Would be much more useful for you than carting your stuff around in a plastic bin bag.

There is a tool bag and a couple other container things. Its probably a good time to upgrade, the plastic was starting to stretch out after I kept jamming things into it.

Alright! FM's newly updated gear list! Tell me if I forgot anything or if I should switch things out.

1 Rebar (With duct-tape handle)
1 thing of plastic bags
1 Phone (93%)
1 phone charger
3 cartons OJ
3 cartons milk
Bedsheet/magazine armbands (Kinda falling apart after all this arm-movement)
Wallet (Key card, ID, $100)
Leather work gloves
Plastic Goggles
Hardhat
Toolbelt
-Hammer
-Pliers
-Wire-cutter
-screw driver
-Saw
-box of nails
-Little Pickaxe thing
Toolbag
Duct tape (3 rolls)
Walkie-talky

Rate my gear
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 03:04:21 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2019, 02:58:25 pm »

Quote from: MTZS
”You’re almost as prepared as an average construction worker, minus the reflective vest. I’d argue the saw is unneeded, and it seems like you skipped the walkie talkie. no multi-channel on them i take it? if they are multi-channel, go back and get one.”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2019, 03:04:05 pm »

”You’re almost as prepared as an average construction worker, minus the reflective vest. I’d argue the saw is unneeded, and it seems like you skipped the walkie talkie. no multi-channel on them i take it? if they are multi-channel, go back and get one.”

Uh, right. Forgot that. They come in packs of two so I just kinda thought they could only talk to each other, but it looks like this one totally has mutli-channel. I'll pick the ones that come with batteries.

Adding it to the list.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2019, 08:53:45 am »

I’d argue the saw is unneeded
You never know when a saw could be useful.

Also I say you grab a pair of bolt cutters so you can get past any padlocks you are bound to come across, and a small crowbar to put on the tool belt for prying open doors and windows.

Also as for the arm guards coming apart, leave the bed sheets on them and tape over them to add to the strength.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2019, 09:33:14 am »

Also I say you grab a pair of bolt cutters so you can get past any padlocks you are bound to come across, and a small crowbar to put on the tool belt for prying open doors and windows.

Also as for the arm guards coming apart, leave the bed sheets on them and tape over them to add to the strength.
+1

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2019, 11:08:19 am »

”Oh really? name one instance where your life depends on having a saw on short notice. there isn’t, because saws are for long term construction and suck as far as weapons go. besides, anything that he could use it for likely needs to be done far faster, and can be done by shifting furniture into place or won’t matter because the victim will be turned and merely missing a limb!
Long story short, it’s not worth the extra weight for a awful weapon and a mediocre tool. we do NOT need him adding to his already sizable load.
Edit: While we are at it, ditch the electrical wire cutters too. keep the screwdriver though, albiet as a improvised stabbing tool if a bandit disarms you.”
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 01:55:57 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2019, 12:17:33 pm »

”Oh really? name one instance where your life depends on having a saw on short notice. there isn’t, because saws are for long term construction and suck as far as weapons go. besides, anything that he could use it for likely needs to be done far faster, and can be done by shifting furniture into place or won’t matter because the victim will be turned and merely missing a limb!
Long story short, it’s not worth the extra weight for a awful weapon and a mediocre tool. we do NOT need him adding to his already sizable load.
Edit: While we are at it, ditch the electrical wire cutters too. keep the screwdriver though, albiet as a improvised stabbing tool if a bandit disarms you.”
[/quote]
When I suggested he get a saw I meant a hacksaw, and I suggested it more for a way to cut metal (like burglar bars) than a thing for barricading and its not like they way that much.

Also at least replace the wire cutters with a knife, because it can do everything the cutters can do.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2019, 06:43:16 pm »

What is the difference between wire and bolt cutters? I just kinda thought they where the same thing.

How will I get it off if I tape it to myself?

So saw or no saw?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2019, 06:53:34 pm »

”First and foremost: No saw. if you can’t do it with bolt cutters alone it ain’t worth the time and effort.
second: the difference between wire cutters and bolt cutters is how big they are, for the most part. if you can fit a finger-sized object in the gap between the blades, and said blades are roughly 1/4 inch thick or more, you’re looking at bolt cutters. anything smaller is considered wire cutters.
Finally, you’re not supposed to take the armguards off easily, but at the same time the walkers arn't supposed to be able to either. Ideally, you use the bedsheet to line your arms, and make a tight loop with the tape to hold the stuff in place. personally, i would just ditch the whole arrangement now that you have a solid weapon, since it’s gonna be more effort than it’s worth to keep them from falling apart while you’re going swinging.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2019, 11:18:14 am »

Seems like it would be easier it he remade the arm guards, start by rapping the magazines around your arm then tape that on.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2019, 01:42:56 am »

”First and foremost: No saw. if you can’t do it with bolt cutters alone it ain’t worth the time and effort.
second: the difference between wire cutters and bolt cutters is how big they are, for the most part. if you can fit a finger-sized object in the gap between the blades, and said blades are roughly 1/4 inch thick or more, you’re looking at bolt cutters. anything smaller is considered wire cutters.
Finally, you’re not supposed to take the armguards off easily, but at the same time the walkers arn't supposed to be able to either. Ideally, you use the bedsheet to line your arms, and make a tight loop with the tape to hold the stuff in place. personally, i would just ditch the whole arrangement now that you have a solid weapon, since it’s gonna be more effort than it’s worth to keep them from falling apart while you’re going swinging.

K. Dropping the saw, all this equipment was getting kinda heavy anyway

While we work out the details, uh, what do I do now that I've successfully performed my first store looting?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2019, 05:43:53 am »

You should probably check to make sure zombies and/or humans aren’t blocking the way out

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2019, 12:22:17 am »

Check the building of any sign about rentable trucks, if there are some go check the offices and see if you can find any keys, because any kind of vehicle is better than no vehicle.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9