Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How does Toady do it?  (Read 2282 times)

JCD-Bionicman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How does Toady do it?
« on: August 02, 2019, 10:59:03 pm »

I'm wondering if Strange Moods are some sort of metaphor for how ToadyOne feels about this game. It is obvious that he has an extreme urge to work on it. Ever since 2003 he has been toiling away in an effort to create something unthinkable: an entire world confined in a computer. Looking at the continuous stream of in-depth blog posts, its obvious that Toady has heaps of energy for this project even after almost 20 years of hard work. How else could someone work so relentlessly, without some strange cognitive power. I have been watching this project since I was in early elementary school, and I'm almost employed now. It has always impressed me to come back to this project to see that Toady is still hard at work.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: How does Toady do it?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 11:15:29 pm »

I'm skeptical that even death will stop Toady. His spirit will inevitably return and find a way to continue work on Dwarf Fortress. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 01:29:08 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is such a great breath of fresh air in the corrupt world of computer games.  However he does it, we need to make sure he has all the reagents he needs to finish this incomparably legendary experience that is Dwarf Fortress.  Though completion of a world simulator may not be possible, given the seemingly endless number of possible aspects that can be simulated.

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 12:57:08 pm »

Immeasurable talent
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one