Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Vanilla Tea Mafia: TOWN VICTORY  (Read 52454 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Tea Mafia: TOWN VICTORY
« Reply #390 on: September 05, 2019, 05:47:05 pm »

NJW and I thought that if I didn’t do a kill and someone else was roleblocked, then the town would suspect whoever Pooka roleblocked

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
  • Deleting things since 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 05, 2019, 06:25:19 pm »

Interestingly, the two times I used my roleblock ability were either overdetermined or pointless. Reminds me of my scumbuddy in that mafia game, who was a mafia roleblocker. All his blocks did nothing in the grand scheme of things. Well, it helped narrowing down the list of the people we suspected to have power roles.

IcyTea I'm curious how was Town playing conservatively. Were we a little cautious? Also, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the mafia chat itself. I know it's mostly NJW, but the coordination with Naturegirl is there.

Reading the mafia chat is fun whenever I am brought up. The very first time I am namedropped just tells me everything I needed to know about who they feared the most:
Quote from: NJW2000
Oof. Pooka just mentioned both of us.

Also, he literally banked on me not being a roleblocker. Because I happened to be one, here's another piece of gold:
Quote from: NJW2000
"I'm a Town 2-Shot Roleblocker. I did roleblock Superdorf at night."

Aw for ****'s sake. Of course he's a ****ing roleblocker. Naturally, there's a roleblocker. Naturally.

NJW and I thought that if I didn’t do a kill and someone else was roleblocked, then the town would suspect whoever Pooka roleblocked
I would have tried visiting anybody, even knowing that I was going to roleblock you. Still, the odds were stacked against you by Day 3, I began the day presenting why you were the missing link, and what do you know, everybody already agreed with me. It didn't help that you said you got no message, but then when asked about it, you said you were roleblocked. You'll get a better hang of playing as scum another game.
Code: [Select]
> os.delete("real_life.py")

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 05, 2019, 06:58:39 pm »

Conservative play, let's look at the opening moves of the game:
Superdorf pushes many cases for a moment at a time, but backs off early.
Pooka starts D1 with discussion about mechanics over applying heavy pressure.
4maskwolf plays an early gambit with the "there is a cop", but he chooses "no comment" when questioned about it and leaves that line hanging.
IonMatrix falls to the new player trap of uncertainty in "not seeing scumtells" over active scumhunting.
Persus13 has real-life preoccupations and posts relatively little.

There is nothing inherently wrong about playing conservatively, of course. However, there is an opportunity cost in giving scum the initiative.

D2 is a completely different story:
Superdorf opens with important mechanical information.
Pooka correctly deduces who could have performed the kill.
Persus13 catches Pooka's line and pushes, suggesting a massclaim.

Not much to comment about mafiachat. It's a look into NJW2000's mind and will help me greatly if I ever play against him.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]