Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: City Souls: An idea up for adoption  (Read 503 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
City Souls: An idea up for adoption
« on: August 24, 2019, 08:39:39 am »

So... I had a game idea called City Souls. Basically, it’s a fighting/social game where players play as the “soul” of a still existing city of their choice. Each “soul” is a historical or close to historical citizen of the city in question, combined with the essence of the city. Abilities and powers would be determined by things from the city, such as the Industrial Revolution for London, or the French Revolution for Paris, and by the inhabitant picked. By “close to historical” I mean that London can’t have King Arthur, but Dorian Grey would be possibly allowed. All of the players would be dropped in an abandoned, underground, labyrinthine city taking traits from all the cities that players are using. It’s their choice if they fight, cooperate, both, or neither.

Since I’m far too busy with real world stuff, I am putting this here for another GM to adopt. I am willing to help them flesh it out and design mechanics, but I can’t help GM due to having too much going on. I did a test for player interest on a Bay12 heavy Discord, and it is high. If you are willing to take this up, or just have interesting ideas you think could help make this concept into a proper game, feel free to talk in the thread.

Also, if you adopt this, please let me be London.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: City Souls: An idea up for adoption
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 03:35:10 pm »

Bump
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: City Souls: An idea up for adoption
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 01:03:33 pm »

It would be interesting to join, but I’m afraid if I try to run it I might mess something up