Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Spellcraft Arena  (Read 14838 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Spellcraft Arena
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2019, 04:05:57 am »

Edit: oops, posted too soon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dMRyXwZrvEXxZCJYYaq

Run towards the eeeee sound
(3) you run into a room. there are several trees here. The eeee sound is coming from up, up, up. there is a singular tree in the center of the large room whose trunk is four foot wide and rises straight up for about twenty feet before branching. Up there, the eee resolves into a set of distinct tones

name: Fiery
totem: Bunch of wooden cubes
specialization: Climate
weakness: plants
(+1 to next life roll)

Letters: DwRjCMCgHpZ.

Run away from the geyser.
A straight run away, huh? Not even a ZwM for speed? (4+1) v. (1+3) You run. You stumble and roll a bit down the hill, over a lip and into a shallow creek. The geyser of dirt engulfs you, raining pebbles, grass, small stones and earthworms and insects onto you. You are swept about fifteen feet along in the landslide. You may have broken a leg. The weight of dirt on you is a bit suffocating. But the worst is over if you can drag yourself out of your burial.

Whoops.
But now I know this game has Counterfeit Monkey-like mechanics, and knowing is half the battle!

Back away from the stall, pretending to be as surprised as the rest of the crowd.
Loudly exclaim "What the fuck? I was about to shop here! Way to attract customers, man!" to establish that the stall's owner is clearly the one at fault.

Duck into the crowd as soon as I can so the onlookers won't see me bail, then GTFO like a mofo.

current letters: VcAltbgbOZwrDCBdEARPcrqaqzALneem
turns left: 4

Spoiler: Willard, Card Sharp (click to show/hide)
(6) your bluff works a little too well. Anger is directed at the shopkeeper, and the mob forms up around you. You are buffeted on all sides by frightened, irritated shoppers, and cannot quite force your way to the edge of the crowd. On the plus side, with this many people, your anonymity is nearly guaranteed. assuming someone doesn't spot your totem, that is.

WZzaSOCUJKRDxKrUjokbjPfe

Look for a vegetable left in the area

Spoiler: Gorge (click to show/hide)

(5) you find a big map kiosk. It points you toward the garden section of the Giant Terrarium that is this arena. You go to the garden section. There, you find a plethora of pinatas vegetables, all growing in rows, in squares, in hydroponic towers, in steppes, in dirt.

Thought I was meant to kill the fish. Oh well. Keep looking around for anything interesting, either in this floor or down below.

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
Aren't yo uon the scavenger hunt? I gave you a list of things to hunt for, didn't I?

ypfgrjuxuqtyVuY

I cast the spell purg to get rid of the snakes, then run to the feeding room.
(4) all the snakes slither away into snake enclosures. Some of them purge their meals along the way, leaving rats and entrails and birds and possibly a badly digested armadillo scattered around. You go into the feeding area. It has shelves and cages and glass enclosures lining everywhere, full of a variety of animal foods. Or food animals.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 04:08:19 am by Ozarck »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2019, 06:04:54 am »

dMRyXwZrvEXxZCJYYaq
Cast wax to allow my hands and feet to stick to the tree as I climb it. When the spell is cast, try to climb the tree

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2019, 07:08:28 am »

I picked Trial by combat.

Trial by Combat. Stupid me for not reading the entire previous post.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2019, 07:11:23 am »

yfjxuqtyVuY

Carefully search the room for any tools, books, canteens, and anything else I might find useful.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2019, 07:41:02 am »

WZzaSOCUJKRDxKrUjokbjPfe

Pick up on of the vegtabels and try to get some letters out of here, taking my time

Spoiler: Gorge (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2019, 04:59:47 pm »

name: Fiery
totem: Bunch of wooden cubes
specialization: Climate
weakness: plants
(+1 to next life roll)

Letters: DwRjCMCgHpZ.

Cast Hp to see what it does. then try to drag myself out of my burial.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2019, 11:46:45 pm »

Eh, I've seen worse.
Politely tap one of the frightened shoppers on the shoulder, looking him in the eye with confidence that he'll let me pass:
"Hey, mind if I pass through? I've got to find somewhere else to shop now that this stall has vanished on me."
Very few people refuse passage to a politely confident person.
Repeat the procedure as necessary, to make a way for myself without breaking the illusion of my innocence.

current letters: VcAltbgbOZwrDCBdEARPcrqaqzALneem
turns left: 3

Spoiler: Willard, Card Sharp (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 11:54:14 pm by HmH »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2019, 03:15:06 am »

sorry guys. I'm officially ending this one. I kinda lost the motivation for it a while back. Thanks for playing though!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2019, 09:08:29 am »

You’re welcome. It was fun

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2019, 09:36:57 am »

Well, even so, it did give me an idea to do a Counterfeit Monkey RTD.

...Maybe I'll run it when I've stopped proctastinating. *yawn*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2019, 09:55:30 am »

What will it be called?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2019, 01:37:08 pm »

What will it be called?
*stares blankly*
Aside from "Counterfeit Monkey RTD"?

Well, I guess "Putting the Pun in Punic" could be an interesting one: a take on the Rome-Carthage opposition in an alternate universe where magic is based on manipulating the names of things.
Though, I suppose, the Punic Wars were too epic and slow-moving to really connect with the RTD's fast-paced nature. If anything, it's more of a writing prompt.
(A classic example of name-related magic from the original game: removing a k from one dangerously nosy character's "pink T-shirt" leads to an outcome that is cringe-worthy and hilarious at the same time. Removing p from the pink T-shirt instead is a humane but slightly less satisfying alternative, as is freaking her out with an ear that you've magicked up from a pear.)

But really, the name is something that will be defined by the game itself.
I'll figure it out once I'm done procrastinating. There's far more important crap to sort out first, such as the whole 'making money' thing.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:30:22 pm by HmH »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2019, 01:44:06 pm »

Ok, I asked since I want to join it. Thank you

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2019, 02:35:11 pm »

Well, there's no real substitute for Counterfeit Monkey. Not even a good RTD. Hell, not even a nice MLT.
It is to interactive fiction what Planescape: Torment is to RPGs or Life is Strange to adventures: heartbreakingly brilliant, hopelessly addictive and soul-crushingly unique.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:46:58 pm by HmH »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]