Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Shard?  (Read 7453 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shard?
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 10:34:41 pm »

ATTEMPTING TO RESEARCH NEW SHARDS . . . INSUFFICIENT DATA/INFORMATION . . . QUERY: FORCE THE RESEARCH? [Y/N](warning, doing so could result in losing already know shard types)
SENDING UNIVERSAL HANDSHAKE PROTOCOL . . . RECEIVING RESPONSE FROM BUILDER: “HELLO, DO YOU HAVE RESOURCES?” RECEIVING RESPONSE FROM MOVER: “NEED HELP GOING SOMEWHERE?” SENDING A QUERY OF NEEDING TO JOIN FOR: [Protection, Knowledge, Propagation, Something else(what?)]
SHARD DATA: 0 INFORMATION/DATA, ¾ PROGRESS TO NEW SHARD TYPE
NEARBY SHARDS: BUILDER, MOVER
SETTING SHARD TASK TO: PENDING(see option above)

No regular task, although very important questions. Give your answer from the stuff in the []
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 06:16:23 am »

N-- forcing this seems like a bad idea, given that we can just obtain more data.
Protection-- us being not-dead is our first priority.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 06:27:26 am »

N-- forcing this seems like a bad idea, given that we can just obtain more data.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 09:59:48 am »

+1
+1
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 11:04:50 am »

+1
+1
+1
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:39:16 am by Naturegirl1999 »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 12:18:30 pm »

You decide not to force the research.
Your query of needing to join had an emphasis of protection.
RESPONSE FROM BUILDER: “THIS IS ACCEPTABLE.” RESPONSE FROM MOVER: “IT IS MY PURPOSE.”
Hours later the 3 of you join to form a cluster. The builder had 1 data and the mover had 1 resource, both were used in the process of forming the cluster. Clusters have maintenance, at your current size 1 resource is needed to keep your cluster together every 4 turns(will have a countdown), certain shard types can reduce the cost. Now that you are a cluster new options are available(and you are able to do more).
CLUSTER DATA: 3 SHARDS(1 DATA, 1 BUILDER, 1 MOVER), 0 INFORMATION/DATA, 0 RESOURCES, ¾ PROGRESS TO NEW SHARD TYPE
SETTING CLUSTER TASK TO:(choose up to 6, order in priority)
A)Data mining-get information from the node(gets 1 info)(can be chosen multiple times)
B)Move cluster-move to new node(if none are known might be bad)
C)Resource mining-get resources from the node(get 1 resource)(can be chosen multiple times)(MUST HAVE A COLLECTOR)
D)Reformat shard-change a shards job(cost 1 information)(can be chosen up to 3 times)
E)Research shards-discover new shard types to format to(cost varies)
F)Shard construction-build new basic shards(cost 2 resources)

Back from the weekend, and with expanded options. Remember there are 3 resources and 6 data in this node.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2019, 04:56:58 pm »

Okay, let's take a look at the options.

A: We need data to research new shard types in hopes of getting the COLLECTOR type available so that we can convert a shard to it next turn.
B: We're doing just fine here, so there's no need to move this turn.
C: We don't have a collector.
D: We don't need to change around the shard types just yet. Probably next turn if we get the COLLECTOR type.
E: We should do this as soon as possible, but I'm not sure if we can get data and use that data on the same turn.
F: This'll be nice in a few turns, but we don't have any resources.

Questions:
- Out of curiosity, since we've clustered with the independent shards, do we know of any other node locations?
- In what order do actions evaluate? If we did Ax5+E, would the data be mined in time to use for the research?
- Is it possible to research a specific shard type, like by voting E(COLLECTOR), or is there no way to tell what shard type we get?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2019, 05:04:20 pm »

-A E-
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:05:56 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2019, 06:04:00 pm »

A E
A can be chosen multiple times, knowing this, I think we should do A*5, E

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 11:58:37 pm »

Okay, let's take a look at the options.

A: We need data to research new shard types in hopes of getting the COLLECTOR type available so that we can convert a shard to it next turn.
B: We're doing just fine here, so there's no need to move this turn.
C: We don't have a collector.
D: We don't need to change around the shard types just yet. Probably next turn if we get the COLLECTOR type.
E: We should do this as soon as possible, but I'm not sure if we can get data and use that data on the same turn.
F: This'll be nice in a few turns, but we don't have any resources.

Questions:
- Out of curiosity, since we've clustered with the independent shards, do we know of any other node locations?
- In what order do actions evaluate? If we did Ax5+E, would the data be mined in time to use for the research?
- Is it possible to research a specific shard type, like by voting E(COLLECTOR), or is there no way to tell what shard type we get?
All very good points, let me answer them in order:
Yes my bad for not putting them in. The connecting nodes are: 1)A minuscule resource node(the builder came from there, could not collect any so moved on(amount of resource unknown)) 2) A minuscule data node(the mover came from there, could not collect any so moved on(amount unknown)) There may be more but you are not aware of any others.

It goes in priority, so in your example you would have the data for the research. To make it even better [REDACTED] opps almost gave away something :)

You can do that, fair warning tho if you do not have enough data to finish that research it will not be unlocked, so you would have to do it again(in this case regardless you would have enough data)

I hope that answers all your questions. Also:
A E
Not doing any extra actions does NOT mean you get more next turn.

Any more questions?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:05:52 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2019, 04:01:15 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 08:06:13 am »

+1
+1

klonk
Sigtext

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2019, 01:11:58 pm »

You mine up all except 1 of the data in this node.
Than you finish the research and researched:
RESEARCHING NEW SHARD TYPES . . . 4/4 PROGRESS . . . PROGRESS COMPLETE . . .  DISCOVERED SHARD: COLLECTOR(this was next regardless)
CLUSTER DATA: 3 SHARDS(1 DATA, 1 BUILDER, 1 MOVER), 4 INFORMATION/DATA, 0 RESOURCES, SHARD TYPE DATA: [COLLECTOR, DATA]
NODE INFO: RESOURCES[3], DATA[1]
CONNECTED NODES: 2 MINISCULE NODES[1 RESOURCE, 1 DATA]
SETTING CLUSTER TASK TO:(choose up to 3, order in priority)
A)Data mining-get information from the node(gets 1 info/data)(can ONLY be chosen once)
B)Move cluster-move to new node(if none are known might be bad)
C)Resource mining-get resources from the node(get 1 resource)(can be chosen multiple times)(MUST HAVE A COLLECTOR)
D)Reformat shard-change a shards job(cost 1 information/data)(can be chosen up to 3 times)
E)Research shards-discover new shard types to format to(cost varies)
F)Shard construction-build new basic shards(cost 2 resources)

Was going to update yesterday, unfortunately had no internet most of the day. I do plan/hope to update this daily during the week and possibly at least once on the weekends.
Once again any questions ask.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:51:20 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2019, 03:03:13 pm »

C*3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6