Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sapient milking plugin (request)  (Read 3745 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sapient milking plugin (request)
« on: October 24, 2019, 06:49:01 am »

I need plugin that automatically temporary turn sapient "milkable" creature into non-sapient when task "milk animal" is active and turn creature back to sapient after creature was milked.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sapient milking plugin (request)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 03:05:30 pm »

Bump!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 03:40:11 pm »

FYI, if you set the milked creature id to sentient creature in the posted job, they'll be dragged to workshop instead, so making them dumb for the duration is not necessarily necessary.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 04:41:20 pm »

FYI, if you set the milked creature id to sentient creature in the posted job, they'll be dragged to workshop instead, so making them dumb for the duration is not necessarily necessary.
I am not a coder. I just need plugin that allow sapient creatures to be milked like non-sapient. Like trolls can be sheared, modded ogresses must can be milked.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 06:57:03 pm »

I understand. Unfortunately, while what you ask for is possible, fps-efficient and safe job handling isn't quite completely trivial, so I've decided if I'm going to spend the several hours to days (if written as plugin) it would take to code, it would be better spent on things I find more useful (especially as milk is so minor that I don't even milk cows), and I imagine this applies to everyone else able to do this and aware of it. (I'm often willing to help, but within limits.)

This means, like many things in DF, you have to learn how to do this on your own if you want to have it sooner or later. I didn't know lua before I decided to write lua scripts for DF, either.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:02:50 pm by Fleeting Frames »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 08:55:58 pm »

Or script and reaction code for milking sapient creature. Or script and reaction that only can be made by milkable sapient and give her milk as product.

Tentacle Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 02:56:07 pm »

Or script and reaction code for milking sapient creature. Or script and reaction that only can be made by milkable sapient and give her milk as product.
I think, script and reaction for milking sentient creatures is good idea. So, I double this suggestion.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 04:52:39 pm »

I think, script and reaction for milking sentient creatures is good idea. So, I double this suggestion.
Can you be any more obvious.. :o