Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [47.04] The Leviathan Armory & Emporium - v1.2FINAL - It menaces with revisions!  (Read 2552 times)

XxHyde840xX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

===========================================================================================================================================================================================================
THE LEVIATHAN ARMORY & EMPORIUM - v1.2FINAL - Shipment One - For v0.47.04 - DFHack_r2
===========================================================================================================================================================================================================

Download Location: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15182

Installation Instructions: Before you install the mod, please ensure that you have selected the graphics pack you wish to use beforehand. Then,
                     simply copy both the "hack" and "raw" folders from my mod into your Dwarf Fortress folder. That's it! You're all done!
                     Please remember to make a copy of your game files in case you would like to revert to "vanilla" Dwarf Fortress.
                     Some tweaks require additional steps. Please see the Table of Contents for instructions if applicable.
                     Please keep this README on hand for future reference.

Now, get out there and STRIKE THE EARTH!

=========================================
WHAT IS THIS MOD?

This is the first in a series of planned shipments from The Leviathan Armory & Emporium, now menacing with spikes of revisions! Shipment One
contains a variety of weapons, armor, shields, reactions, tweaks, "fixes," and other odds and ends. I will be building on this project with
additional shipments coming in the future. To see what's going on with the mod and any upcoming content, make suggestions, or get involved with
the project, please check out the Bay 12 Forums thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177136.0 - Any constructive feedback is
always appreciated, I hope to improve and keep generating new content for the community.

The weapons and armor have not received extensive testing, however, I have based their tokens on several well known weapons and armor packs,
and have used the stock object raws as a baseline. While intended for use by the dwarven race, there is no reason why they can't be utilized
elsewhere. Unfortunately that is beyond the scope of The Leviathan Armory & Emporium at this current time. If there are any oddities in their
behavior or performance, as well as any changes, improvements, tweaks, or suggestions you may have, please get at me on the Bay 12 Forums, or
on Discord.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will always endeavor to ensure that my content is safe, and as compatible and user-friendly as possible, however;

*Please remember to backup any relevant files and folders before making edits and alterations to the game files.*

*****Once again, please remember to backup any relevant files and folders before making edits and alterations to the game files.*****
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VERSION/REVISION NOTES & CHANGELOG

8/25/2020

v1.0 - Mod created and uploaded to DFFD.

v1.1 - Editing for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and formatting
    - Fixed an error for the "training paw." It shows up in game now.
    - Reuploaded to DFFD.
    - Cleaned up DFFD/BAY12 posts and updated the README with version/revision notes.

9/DD/2020

v1.2 - Testing for balance.
    - Inappropriate [TRAINABLE] tokens for common domestic animals replaced. No more hunting donkeys and such. T'was a silly mistake.
    - Bhuj and Long-Hafted Blade added to weapons list for Asin. Also added Stilleto after a bit of research.
    - Various non-critical erros fixed here and there.
    - Various edits to weapons/armor and inclusion of [ADJECTIVE] tokens for clarity.
    - Added table of contents to the README.
    - Modified mount_dwarf.lua script to include description.
    - Fixed "Burn Vermin Remains" reaction to run from Wood Furnace as intended.
    - Added ASCII-art title and reformatted the README layout.
    - Added max-wave.lua scrpt.
    - Added working keyboard shortcuts and in game descriptions for the custom reactions.
    - Discovered and fixed an error with the rock bin reaction. It shows up in game now.
    - Added "Quilted Cloth" variant of Gambeson for clothing, and armor testing purposes.
    - Several "birds-of-prey" given the [DIVE_HUNTS_VERMIN] and [TRAINABLE_HUNTING] tokens.
    - Reuploaded to DFFD for testing and finalization.

REFERENCE ASSETS, CREDITS, & THANKS

- Lucelle Weapons and Armor by: lucelle (DFFD-reference)
   - Link: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7097

- Stal's Armory Pack by: Stalhansch (DFFD-reference)
   - Link: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=9539

- Rock Bins and Beds by: unknowncross (DFFD-reference)
   - Link: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10401

- Cacame Engravings by: Shima (DF-Wiki)
   - Link: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Cacame_Awemedinade#Engraving_and_decorations

- Theplahunter's Armory by: Theplahunter (Discord)
   - Big thanks to the guy who took the time to answer a complete stranger about brigandines, gambesons, and halberds!   ;)
     Also, big thanks for the resources from your Armory.

- Fleeting Frames and FantasticFwoosh (Discord)
   - You guys are an endless font of knowledge and inspiration, and you have a knack for being around to answer questions and clarify. Kudos.

- Warmist for the original mount script for DFHack
   - Fanfloosh for the update.
      - Rumrusher for the script-smithing to 47.04_r2 compatibility, and for showing me that a gorlak can indeed mount an owl. XD

- TomiTapio, Author of OldGenesis (Bay 12 Forums)
   - For wiping out an entire list of questions in regards to modding in rock bins and beds, I salute you good sir. o7

- PatrikLundell for the librarian.lua, regionmanipulator.lua, and biomemanipulator.lua scripts.
   - Keep up the awesome work Patrik!

- Ralpha, Author of DF Storyteller (Discord)
   - Thanks for both DF Storyteller, and for inspiring me to include even MOAR shields as well as some rapiers and scimitars. :D

- Asin (Bay 12 Forums)
   - Fifty dorf-bucks and custom weapons in the form of a Bhuj, Long-Hafted Blade, and Stiletto have been included as promised for figuring out the
     easter-egg reference to Final Fantasy VII. Way to go man!

- Loci (DF-Wiki) for the modified max-wave.lua script, enabling me to finally save some sanity. No more 50+ migrant waves, thank Armok!
   - Fleeting Frames for his contribution to the script!

- PeridexisErrant for the awesome LNP. Thanks for saving all us Lazy Newbs time, hassle, our hair, and our sanity.

- Last but certainly not least, Tarn "ToadyOne" Adams, and Zach "ThreeToe" Adams. Thank you for all the tireless, incredible work on Dwarf Fortress!

This mod is free to use, distribute, alter, include, or shred at your discretion,
  provided that you give a quick shout out to the author of this mod, and to the
  mod-authors and content creators who made this shipment possible.

Welcome to The Leviathan Armory & Emporium - Shipment One

- XxHyde840xX

TABLE OF CONTENTS          

To help find what you're looking for, copy/paste the {bracketed} section, and then use the Ctrl+F function.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 04:19:42 pm by XxHyde840xX »
The Leviathan Armory & Emporium
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15182

XxHyde840xX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Leviathan Armory & Emporium
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 12:02:46 pm »

RESERVED FOR FUTURE SHIPMENTS
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 01:38:51 pm by XxHyde840xX »

XxHyde840xX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Leviathan Armory & Emporium
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 06:39:03 pm »

Thanks for the downloads and views guys! I honestly expected this to kind of just sit around and get buried under the storm of amazing content from all of the other talented modders and content creators out there. I started this mod in an effort to correct a few things that kind of irked me in terms of gameplay, and before long i had a "to-do" list sitting on my desktop, just full of ideas. I'm in the process of testing the weapons right now, which is a learning process in itself as I have never used the testing arena so if anyone could steer me in the right direction, that would be awesome!

To those of you who have downloaded, please feel free to get at me about the modpack! I welcome constructive criticism and feedback, as I hope to improve my skills in terms of modding, and continue to generate some cool content.

In terms of what I've got in the pipeline, I'm looking at Maple Syrup, some more armor to compliment the variety of weapons, as well as a few more ranged options and ammo types. I'm also looking at a few throwing weapon variants, some new creatures.... heck you know what? I'll just post my notes;

Shipment Two - Potential New Content - Design Document

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 08:47:19 pm by XxHyde840xX »

XxHyde840xX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey everyone, thanks for the support, all the help, and the downloads. I've done a complete overhaul of the readme, and the mod itself, and I've also edited the "Design Document" above to be a kind of running list of things to do for the future. Crazy to think how many people have checked this out so far!

Shipment One is now considered complete, complete with a few revisions and additions, and I can begin working on the next Shipment!

So! What do you guys want to see more of? Less of? Any cool ideas you'd like to see maybe come to life? What's your favorite part of Shipment One? Is there anything on the design document that you'd like to see fast-tracked into the next shipment? Feedback and input are always appreciated. I've had an absolute blast so far and I'm super exited for the next Shipment, even though it has yet to take shape. Please keep an eye on this thread, and don't hesitate to get involved with modding! It's easier than you guys think. ;)

Thanks again guys, and I hope you're all having a blast with the mod.

Cheers from Canada,

XxHyde840xX