Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cutebold Mod  (Read 6730 times)

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
Cutebold Mod
« on: August 06, 2019, 07:57:41 pm »

A simple mod I made for a simple purpose to make the brown ugly goblin like kobolds of df (uglybolds) into cutebolds from those cute little comics. The only things it really does is cosmetically changes kobolds, adds some casts for them like some kobolds will have fur some will have tails and some will have fur with tail. Adds more verity their skin color can be, removes their wrinkles. Kobolds dont lay eggs anymore, added religion to kobolds and changed their values and ethics a bit and made them playable in adventure mode. This does NOT make them playable in Fortress mode

give me feedback if you want me to change any other creatures or races or just give me ideas. or maybe i messed something up in which case yell at me until i fix it.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14495
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 03:29:38 am by Gigabytebob »
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cutebold Mod
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 09:07:40 pm »

Update: added a few personality tags and made the skulking entity its own file
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 10:23:54 pm »

This is cool! I've always thought it was a shame kobolds in DF were weird rat things and not cute lizards. Does this work with Masterwork DF?

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 11:57:55 pm »

This is cool! I've always thought it was a shame kobolds in DF were weird rat things and not cute lizards. Does this work with Masterwork DF?

im not entirely sure since i dont play masterwork, but im pretty sure it replaces and changes ALOT of things especially entities
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 06:49:35 pm by Gigabytebob »

cyberwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 07:50:49 pm »

Hey. I had an idea for this type of thing. I thought maybe fluffy, colorful feathers could make the kobolds stand out.

Whenever I play Kobold Kamp I also adjust their age values, so they can only live for 20-30 years. I like the idea that they are a short lived species, but grow up to be peasants in like a year. I really like when my fortresses can see an entire generation pass, seeing the entire life of a group of dwarves. This change for kobolds not only makes sense, but scratches that itch.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 08:15:42 am »

I don’t think i’ll add feathers i already have a caste of kobolds that have fur and thy come in a variety of colors and do does their skin color, but i think i will change their age abit maybe make them live around 40-50 tho idk

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 10:57:17 am »

Update: Added the [Littersize] tag so they should now give birth to between 4 to 6 kobold pups and i lowered their max age to 30-55

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 12:44:02 pm »

Update: Updated creature_kobold to be up to date with current version so basically they can pet animals now haha

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 09:02:06 am »

Does this change existing Kobolds, or does it add an entirely new species?
It would be kinda funny to have both types at the same time.
On a related note: Do you know of any tile/graphics set which depicts the Kobolds as Cutebolds?

manta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 11:41:03 am »

Heya there. I've not been having any luck with this on 0.44.12. They don't show up as a playable race. Am I meant to delete the kobold sections from the default entities and creature files?

Edit: Clean raws, replaced the entries in the default files with the ones from the mod. it works now. Great stuff. Finally I can be cute.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 11:53:15 am by manta »

Ombragon

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLEEQUICK][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 03:53:26 am »

I found long ago this graphic set for cutebolds, however I don't know who made this and can't give credits, but hey, graphics.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14985

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 04:27:41 am »

I can also offer those if you want them:

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 11:28:25 am »

Does this change existing Kobolds, or does it add an entirely new species?
It would be kinda funny to have both types at the same time.
On a related note: Do you know of any tile/graphics set which depicts the Kobolds as Cutebolds?
this just changes existing kobolds since default kobolds are just goblin things i call uglybolds haha