Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Listed job of dwarf is criminal- what does that mean  (Read 1285 times)

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Listed job of dwarf is criminal- what does that mean
« on: August 08, 2019, 05:44:15 am »

one of my dwarves is listed as a criminal in the unit window and everywhere else, what does that mean?
He arrived with a recent immigrant wave and has a bunch of skill and prior affiliation, maybe he is actually a vampire?
still i have never seen a criminal designation, i don't even have a sherrif yet

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Listed job of dwarf is criminal- what does that mean
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 06:04:29 am »

He's probably a spy, you should be suspicious if any "peddlers" show up as well.

I'm not sure if spies actually do anything outside of worldgen in the current version of the game though, so you might be fine.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: Listed job of dwarf is criminal- what does that mean
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 10:14:54 am »

Most likely he was a spy or similar during the worldgen, going with a fake name and profession.  Iirc it's a known bug where spies' assumed identity persists even when they stop being spies and migrate to your fortress.

So most likely he's just an ordinary migrant despite his fake name and profession. Unless he happens to be a vampire as well as a former spy, of course.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?