Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mordhau: lutes of fire  (Read 7019 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Mordhau: lutes of fire
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2019, 01:44:04 pm »

They changed crossroads?

Ugh, it was actually balanced before if you knew what you were doing.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2019, 02:39:37 pm »

Yeah, blue spawn is now in a big ruin like ~8 seconds of running from the blue ladders up/previous spawn.  You run across the field to the ladders and/or the gate now, wherein you can get murked by horses as mentioned and which is about as boring as the rest of the other games where you spawn way the hell back from anything interesting happening.  I hear red spawn is BASICALLY the same, but I also always play blue so I'm not sure.

I think they added stairs up from the blue-side's gate entrance up to the wall too, because that exists now (even if it's like a terrible place for stairs but wHATEVER).  I think last map was either balanced or a rare case of blue-leaning before, but now it seems pretty red-leaning.  Most of the fighting that I've encountered on that map happens at the gate area now, and/or on the stairs.

I used to love that map because I had inexplicably consistent, massive success playing a dude with a war axe, fire bomb, and smoke bomb and just storming the center.  It seems like most people are ignorant of the fact that you can climb the crates to get up to the treehouse so I can still do that sometimes but typically red just floods back in while my team mates get stuck brawling and can't hold the point like before, so it mostly doesn't matter anymore.

Also since I'm bitchin' 'bout map changes right now anyway: what the heck did they do to Taiga?  It went from mostly balanced, maybe a little red-leaning, to hilariously blue-favored in one change, and I still have no idea what they actually did.  I liked how the fights were around that rope bridge/the sneaky jump/the log bridge before, and even if it sucked when they'd hit the blue spawn because of how out of the way the red cart is from the typical blue route I think it's better than just the boring field-and-rock it usually happens in now.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 02:46:08 pm by Farce »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2019, 06:16:56 pm »

Taiga is awful. Red basically can't win.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2019, 12:02:07 am »

Taiga is awful. Red basically can't win.
Edit - Oops, confused Taiga with Mountain Peak. Yeah, you're right. It's insanely hard to win as Red now.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2019, 02:43:28 pm »

New Crossroads is so bad. Taiga is actually better now. Mountain Peak is still a clusterfuck. IMO, cavalry should be removed. They don't really have an impact on matches, but annoy everyone and allow otherwise unskilled players to reach the top of the leaderboards. I hate ranged, but I have to admit it does take skill, especially throwing and consumables (like smoke bombs, fire bombs, et al.)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2019, 12:39:14 pm »

New Crossroads is so bad. Taiga is actually better now. Mountain Peak is still a clusterfuck. IMO, cavalry should be removed. They don't really have an impact on matches, but annoy everyone and allow otherwise unskilled players to reach the top of the leaderboards. I hate ranged, but I have to admit it does take skill, especially throwing and consumables (like smoke bombs, fire bombs, et al.)
With you 100% on this one. Fighting horses is unfun in most situations, and downright unfair if the rider knows how to horse. I doubt they plan to remove cavalry, but at the very least I think they should nerf them. The most elegant solution in my mind would be to remove the interrupt effect when getting hit by a horse's body. That would allow players with good timing to throw themselves into the enemy's horse with a swing and hurt the horse or the rider without getting oneshotted by the weapon. It would also be a huge indirect buff to billhook in regards to that matchup, making riders actually fear billhooks, and I think that's appropriate.

Kathe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2019, 02:24:37 pm »

Hi folks, I recognize Urist because I saw him in a match once :)
I love Mordhau and my gf loves watching me play, she wonders how is it possible for me to like both DF and something like Mordhau...
Anyway, in my opinion:
Crossroads super unbalanced, to the point I hardly play it anymore;
Mountain Peak very unbalanced, but enjoyable all the same; the big brawls in the courtyard can be fun;
Grad and Camp are both good and enjoyable;
Taiga is probably unbalanced but I like it.
The two new maps are looking good and we can't wait to play them!

Edit: my steam id is Kaeso Venator!
Pages: 1 2 [3]