Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disable mouse edge scroll?  (Read 3299 times)

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
Disable mouse edge scroll?
« on: August 12, 2019, 06:04:38 am »

So DF has that thing other games like Sims or any RTS ones have which is scrolling when you get mouse near the edge. However, due to nature of the game, in DF it's nearly useless and quite janky - I often find myself accidentally scrolling this way just because I wanted to build a wall or something near the edge of the screen. Any way to disable this? I'd rather scroll exclusively with arrows, that way I have control at least.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disable mouse edge scroll?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 06:52:00 am »

So DF has that thing other games like Sims or any RTS ones have which is scrolling when you get mouse near the edge. However, due to nature of the game, in DF it's nearly useless and quite janky - I often find myself accidentally scrolling this way just because I wanted to build a wall or something near the edge of the screen. Any way to disable this? I'd rather scroll exclusively with arrows, that way I have control at least.
Turn off mouse control in the options (init.txt). Just change mouse from yes to no.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 10:55:16 am »

Except I want all of the other mouse stuff, just not edge scroll. Not a solution in my case.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 04:29:51 pm »

That's dfhack thing. mousequery edge to disable/enable.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 05:05:19 pm »

Thanks. Any idea how to disable it permanently )i.e. so it won't reappear after DF restart)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 07:12:30 pm »

Thanks. Any idea how to disable it permanently )i.e. so it won't reappear after DF restart)?
Put "mousequery edge disable" in the dfhack.init (or dfhack-example.init) file. Right above where it says:
Code: [Select]
###########
# Scripts #
###########
would be fine.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:16:05 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 07:50:24 pm »

Thank you!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 08:58:16 am »

also there's a fixed mousequery where edge scrolling works as intended even if you're using a large tileset, overrides and a smaller font.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)