Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Started new fort... not long after, !!fort!!  (Read 1074 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Started new fort... not long after, !!fort!!
« on: August 18, 2019, 03:21:05 pm »

The surface of my embark is currently flaming. Don't ask me why - though the temperature was listed as "scorching". Anyway, my starting 7 got underground when the game suddenly recentered on a burning tree that had caused a cave-in. My wagon, sadly, was still outside - and now the only supplies I have are the following: 2 copper battle axes (1 unused, 1 used by woodworker); 2 copper picks (used by miners); 1 barrel that will likely burn for infinity (made from modded wood type that can't be damaged by fire but can be ignited); and three stacks of XX(prepared pond grabber spleen [5])XX. So, in short: My fort is now a fireball. Not sure if it will work, but here's an image of the surface:

sighs
Well, here's an unusual flavor of the !!fun!! most fortresses get from below.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Started new fort... not long after, !!fort!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 03:38:10 pm »

I should have known. A certain tree I've modded in has the habit of constantly being on fire. That fire shouldn't spread though, because the tree only spawns in deserts... problem is, things common to normal trees can still be made from it. So, it appears the game chose a barrel made from it to put some provisions in (drinks or whatever) and that eventually set fire to the wagon, and, from there, the rest of my embark. Might have to disable the on-fire bit until I can find some way to make the tree invalid for use for wood products... but then again, if it's invalid for use in wood products, maybe I should just remove it.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 09:54:48 pm »

This is more of a modding question. No idea if it works, but maybe try [SPECIAL] tag?

Also, deserts with 5+ rainfall will have enough rainfall to "junglify" as well, so this tree isn't quite safe even there.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 01:09:06 pm »

Ah well, just made the wood not constantly set itself on fire. On that note: While the modding guide on the wiki says you can make dwarves always be on fire just fine so long as the dwarves aren't hurt by fire, that isn't true of trees... because the stuff made from them will do such things as barbecue your autumn caravan.