Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making Goblets  (Read 21656 times)

Jman1906

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Making Goblets
« on: August 12, 2019, 02:32:08 pm »

Hello all,

Recently got into the game again & I'm having trouble figuring out how to make goblets. I've looked through several workshops menus, the wiki, & this forum & oddly can't find out how to make them. My dwarfs are all getting the "unhappy from drinking without a goblet" negative thought.

How in the name of Armok do I make goblets?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Making Goblets
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 02:54:08 pm »

Goblets are the general name... they are also known as cups and mugs and can be made from wood or stone at the raft workshop.

Search the wiki for this sort of thing and you will find the info quickly.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Jman1906

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 12:04:13 am »

Yeah I saw on the wiki the name depends on the material. But when I'm looking in the craftsdwarf's workshop I don't see an option for it. Am I missing something?
https://imgur.com/a/OJZ2kgM

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 01:46:28 am »

Yes, you're missing that there's another level on the menu for many items...

As mentioned, they can be made from wood and stone, so look under those submenus. They can also be made from glass and metal (in the appropriate workshops), but not clay, for some reason.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 06:01:57 am »

If this is something that keeps happening to you, you can appoint a Manager in your fortress, and use the job scheduling screen to search for items! (j -> m -> q)
This lets you filter jobs by name, material, add conditions for jobs so they won't start until certain criteria are met, and more!