Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: armor sizes  (Read 1111 times)

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
armor sizes
« on: August 17, 2019, 10:20:51 pm »

I have a fort that I'm getting a bit bored with, and it's probably gonna be retire-and-go-adventuring time soon.  But it has flux stone and shitloads of iron ore, so I'm thinking before I do retire it, maybe I'll make some extra steel armor sets in a variety of sizes.  Adventurers who are "in the know" might make their way here later for a set of armor that fits.

AIUI dwarfs, goblins and elves all wear the same size gear, so they don't need any attention here.  Humans and kobolds are too large/small for dwarf sized armor, so I'll definitely make a few sets in those sizes.

The list of critters I can make specially-sized armor for in the details pane is particularly long, and presumably contains a lot of overlap given the +/- 1/7 thing.  I don't really feel like making dedicated armor for every humanoid, but are there some representative ones I can target that'll provide reasonable coverage?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: armor sizes
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 02:50:37 am »

I believe there's a wiki page that lists creature sizes, and I think it can be sorted in size order. That ought to provide the basic info for your own determination of a "representative" set of sizes, as I'm not aware of it being done by others (but I don't frequent the adventure mode sub forum).