Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty OOC  (Read 8137 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Looking at tall buildings and feeling small
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty OOC
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2019, 01:23:07 pm »

If I start playing.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2019, 01:24:28 pm »

Doesn't work that way. Understand first, play if you're admitted.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2019, 01:27:24 pm »

If you would have looked at the threat in any capacity, you would have noticed that people posted complete character sheets already.

Because we're applying for a spot in the game. We don't join just because we asked. That's how this works, because FEF generally has way more players wanting to get into a game than the GM can handle at once. Makes sense, right?

And if you compare your "application" to the other ones (for example, mine), you will notice that yours is... well, "incomplete" would be an overstatement.

EDIT: Also if you complain about having to read a rulebook and being overwhelmed by reading... well, guess what, FEFs are all about reading entire passages and also reading the infos correctly in combat. I encourage you to read an existing IC thread first (like FEF8) and see if you can keep up with all the reading. Because you'll do exactly that for the next few months, more likely for the next few years.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:31:44 pm by SirAston »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2019, 01:30:23 pm »

What I don't understand, is why having someone make you an avatar is mandatory, but having someone make your details for your class is forbidden.

If you pulled a Deadpool, and said heck with it, put him in, like he did with Peter. You'd see I'd take all my turns on time. Worked towards group goals, and even enjoyed myself.

Eh, I am only still checking this thread to see if someone threw me a bone. Sometimes a kind gesture needs time, and I didn't want to storm off if someone was trying to meet me halfway.
Awesome With Autism

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2019, 01:33:49 pm »

You haven't asked for help, you vaguebooked your way in. Express what you need help with clearly like, what is a Steward? It's a promoted class so you can't start being a Steward, you'd need to promote to it from a Butler/Maid class, and you'd have to promote to that from Priest Trainee to begin with. Start with that.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2019, 01:36:54 pm »

Yeah, that's what I want to do.

Can we call that a complete sheet? I can use that as the foundation for a bio, if I got something to work with. Another thing I don't understand are skills. These basically seem like personality traits, like getting angry when you are hurt. But what about character development? What if a support conversation, causes a character to change their views, making some skills no longer apply to their personality?
Awesome With Autism

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2019, 01:40:52 pm »

You'd need:

Name
Class (only the starting class is needed but you can set your intended progression)
Base stats for the class and their progression points (% chance of getting on a level up)
If applicable, your chosen pref. stats and weapon profs.
What stats do you put your 4 bonus points in
Character skill (independent from class)
Personal flaw and skills

You can't change your personal skills later on, but you can add a new one on each promotion.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2019, 01:45:40 pm »

You'd need:

Name
Class (only the starting class is needed but you can set your intended progression)
Base stats for the class and their progression points (% chance of getting on a level up)
If applicable, your chosen pref. stats and weapon profs.
What stats do you put your 4 bonus points in
Character skill (independent from class)
Personal flaw and skills

You can't change your personal skills later on, but you can add a new one on each promotion.

These are the ones I'd like to be default/random/ect. I haven't played so I don't have a preference. Please, just do what helps the party most and I'll play it. All I am trying to do is be a healer, this is waaay too zoomed in, too much detail for my current experience with this series.
Awesome With Autism

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2019, 01:47:06 pm »

It doesn't work like that. If you're not willing to put effort into this FEF isn't the right game for you.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2019, 01:54:10 pm »

"It doesn't work like that."

Why not? I am willing to put in effort. I have asked for help. If you are so sure, make me a character sheet and call my bluff. You say this lasts a year, bring it on.
Awesome With Autism

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2019, 01:57:41 pm »

I am willing to put in effort.
Show it by reading the rulebook. We have people here with ADHD, Autism and Asperger's (not saying who, but the community knows who) and they have no problem with reading a rulebook that is a lot shorter than the core rulebook for D&D/Pathfinder, a game you have cited as reference earlier.

If you are so sure, make me a character sheet and call my bluff.
Isn't making a character sheet for you your entire goal?

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2019, 02:04:48 pm »

Sorry for the delay, but I'm going to have to put my foot down here again.

Roseheart, I'm sorry to say, part of the application process for this is to have at least a basic understanding of the game, and to create a character that would both fit in the world and be interesting, at least at first glance. I Can't get the full understanding of each character from application alone, I don't expect that, but what I can tell is what they can offer. Ignoring mechanically, each completed backstory is in depth of where they came from, how they got to where they are, and why they're even working with the royal siblings. They also managed to give me potential connections and elements to add on my own if they do get in, such as potential bosses tied to their backstories, different story events that were effected by theirs, things like that.

If you don't want to learn combat right now, that's fine, because I'm going to be running all of that. If you don't want to make a full mug, that's fine, I'm not going to kill you over it. I'm not going to kill you over having people help make a sheet, but it's in poor taste to just have someone else make all the details for you. If you find one that is willing to do that, yay, it's not illegal and I have no problem with it, but again, you're not taking Kj's character sheet and its mechanics, especially when they didn't make it for you. All I want is for you to at least design a character that has a credible backstory and is interesting, because I can accept a bit more time to learn the character creation, and I'm willing to help answer questions to get you acquainted to the system.

Ultimately, I only have 10 spots, I can't throw a bone to a sheet I don't really like because I don't have a reason to accept a sheet that I don't like. And unfortunately,

Then I'll be a Steward.

Ivan Shnitzel Jr. Caretaker of the royal siblings. Navy font.

This isn't nearly enough for me to even consider accepting, especially compared to the more in-depth ones that, I'm sorry to say, show more care put into them. Sure, it's a basis, but it's... Not really much else. It's just "this is my class, this is my name, this is my occupation". If you need the sheet to work with, I have one here still, along with the rulebook that you can give a passing glance over, linked here.
Spoiler: FEF Template Sheet (click to show/hide)

At the end of the day, I just don't think this is the RP for you. I don't meant that in a jerkish way, I really don't. It's just that if the creation is causing you this much personal issues/stress, then the rest of the RP might not be worth it. If you want to continue trying to join, then at the very least, put some effort into learning the game beforehand, at least enough to have an understanding on character creation. Thankfully, most of the book is just pictures, so it's quite a bit of fluff instead of jam packed with rules.

Also, don't bet people to make a sheet for you to "call your bluff". The only thing you've asked for help on is the personal skills, and it's a good question, the answer of which I can say is just "don't worry about it", because ultimately it won't matter. If it's such a big problem that comes up during the RP, assuming I do accept you, then I can consider it later. For now, it doesn't matter too much, and it's a problem I can/could fix later.

Again, sorry for sounding like a jerk, but this is a situation where I need to put my foot down because it's something that I don't particularly like seeing.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2019, 02:19:02 pm »

Ok, so I don't need personal skills? I can skip that one? I am fully capable of choosing a coordinate and enemy to attack. Of roleplaying. There is really just the issue of self aggrandizing a list of numbers. It's just an arbitrary initiation ritual, I wanted to seek help because I could defer to team benefit, if I didn't care I just would have grabbed a stat sheet from an old session on a different forum and none had been the wiser, but instead I offered my problem. And tried to come together on a solution.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2019, 02:22:26 pm »

PTW
Awesome With Autism

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2019, 02:37:49 pm »

I meant that you didn't have to worry on changing personal skills if IC reasons happen, not that you didn't need personal skills. Because you do. I also do not doubt that you can't coordinate an attack/heal. That's simple tactics and something I expect from almost everyone, unless in very specific scenarios.

Also, arbitrary initiation ritual? This is to keep me from having a mental breakdown of having to run so many characters at once, from level ups, to combat, to everything in between. Ten slots is the limit, no ifs and/or buts about it. As for your problem, we've been trying to help with a solution, which is for you to care. If you DID care, I wouldn't be having to type out this response, because you would actually be trying instead of "let me in, you won't regret it" and "make me a sheet".

This is my final warning on this entire situation, because I only have three feet to put down. If this continues, and you KNOW what "this" I'm referring to is, I'm not even going to consider allowing you to join, nor am I going to send another response to you. I've said what I've needed to say already, and there's no reason for me to continue. If you didn't see the message before, please refer to the lengthy response I sent you detailing on what you needed to do.

Don't guilt trip people into doing what you want. Don't try and force people to make something for you. If you want to join, put the effort that everyone else has put in. I appreciate effort. I don't appreciate cut corners, and that's all you've been trying to do by getting people to do practically everything for you. I'm not going to be entertaining this notion anymore.

In addition, you don't need to put down "Post to Watch" as a separate post, specifically because you've already posted here already.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 02:41:27 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6