Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NPC cities use mud and brick for buildings.  (Read 2568 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NPC cities use mud and brick for buildings.
« on: August 14, 2019, 05:52:34 pm »

I feel like a tag that allows civs to make their cities out of clay, mud, stone, ect would be cool. Would make more sense for desert settlements, for example.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NPC cities use mud and brick for buildings.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 06:45:21 pm »

It should depend of the environment.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 10:28:35 am »

I think, NPC sites must be more customizable.

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 05:04:53 am »

It should depend of the environment.

And the trade routes. I think the amount of food produced to population ratio and distribution is already in game, so im may be added for other materials as well.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 04:11:53 pm »

That’s probably a while away for now, but I think it’s an eventual idea to changr up the current structures.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 02:30:00 am »

Using clay should be as easy as adding a CLAY_PREF entity token (in line with STONE_PREF, GEM_PREF etc.). I imagine Bricks would be more tricky though as there are both metallic blocks, and non-metallic blocks (e.g. soap) you probably don't want houses made of.

Atarlost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 07:38:05 pm »

Using clay should be as easy as adding a CLAY_PREF entity token (in line with STONE_PREF, GEM_PREF etc.). I imagine Bricks would be more tricky though as there are both metallic blocks, and non-metallic blocks (e.g. soap) you probably don't want houses made of.

Why would bricks be any trickier than clay boulders?  There are separate identifiers for stone, non-economic stone, clay, glass, metal, and soap already implemented.  We know this because the job manager interface has access to them. 

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 03:45:24 pm »

Why would bricks be any trickier than clay boulders?  There are separate identifiers for stone, non-economic stone, clay, glass, metal, and soap already implemented.  We know this because the job manager interface has access to them. 

Hum, I done-goofed. You are right it probably would be just as difficult.