Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Absolutely Absurd Abductee Arms Race: Core Thread (Turn 4 Revision Phase)  (Read 2875 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Absolutely Absurd Abductee Arms Race
It's time for another Arms Race! This time, We start on an alien world in the year 10 AA (After Abduction). In the 10 years since your people were abducted from Earth and planted on a far off planet to be observed as you faff about and rebuild some form of civilization, you have found you've been divided into three groups, each taking very different views on what your goals should be, what the observing aliens want from you, and whether or not you'll even survive.

Whole villages and towns were uprooted by the aliens when they attacked, and were put down near the shores of a continent to form three main cities. You're not sure if more continents got forcibly resettled this way, but you know the people in the other cities are dumb as rocks and your ideas are better.

Some military equipment survived the transplant onto this world. Not much, and you figure the other cities have around the same amount, but there's enough that you can use the local resources to make more. So far, the leaders of your groups have kept peace between the cities, but it's due to collapse soon, not entirely because the others are arming up.

And no matter how pitched the fighting gets, you can't help but think of the soaring black tower that's always visible on the horizon that your abductors presumably watch from.

Rayleigh Confederation Thread
Federated Cities of Sujia Thread
Social Democracy of the Red Blossom Thread
Discord

Spoiler: Basics and Phases (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources and Expenses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Starter Designs (click to show/hide)

First four turns will have two designs per design phase and two designs per revision phase. The 5th turn (1st half of 12AA) will feature the first Combat phase.
I'm starting each team with 1 Research Credit (roll three dice instead of two and drop the worst one), and 1 Alien Credit (Can be used to reverse engineer Alien Tech for your design - you'll get some unexpected effects for using this credit on a design).
I'm also incentivising you to name your faction and city, and to write some lore about yourself. First team to agree with a conclusive vote on names for faction and city gets another Research Credit. The team with the best lore about life in the 10 years after abduction at the end of Turn 2 gets another Alien Credit, and the team with the best new lore about their faction after Turn 2 at the end of Turn 4 gets another Research Credit.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 03:25:36 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely Absurd Abductee Arms Race: Core Thread (Turn 1 Design Phase)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 04:35:57 pm »

Side 3. [Battle Cry Redacted]

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 05:18:45 pm »

I'll go Side 1.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 05:42:06 pm »

Well, 1st is the worst, second is best and third is the one with the wedding dress so I guess I'll join side 2.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 06:08:05 pm »

Side 3.

Vostok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 06:40:47 pm »

Side 2
Side 1, actually.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 10:02:04 pm by Vostok »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 07:56:58 pm »

Well, 1st is the worst, second is best and third is the one with the wedding dress so I guess I'll join side 2.

Literally picked up the fiancee's wedding dress today, so I guess I'm team 3.

Wait uh looking at team composition it looks like side 1 is short some people. Side 1 it is, and that's totally the reason.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:04:39 pm by Man of Paper »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 03:19:16 pm »

side 2 since
it's over

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 10:10:55 pm »

One player has confided in me that they posted in the wrong thread.

This is fine, this is still early game, the first phase hasn't even ended yet. There's still plenty of time if you're undecided, and they have been given the opportunity to correct this.

If you feel you picked the wrong side, or got assigned the wrong role in discord, I am available to approve your transfer between teams during this early part of the game. Later on, I will not be so forgiving.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 05:29:04 pm »

Team names have been decided.

Reaching a decision between two names on August 20, ~8 PM, Team 1 becomes the Rayleigh Confederation out of the city of Rayleigh.

Getting a majority vote around 3 PM on August 20 (or August 18 around 9 PM depending on how you want to interpret the vote), Team 2 becomes the Federated Cities of Sujia.

And on August 17, around 10 AM, Team 3 becomes the Social Democracy of the Red Blossom, SDRB for short, with the capital city of Yūi.

Congrats to SDRB for winning the first extra RC. I will update the thread titles shortly.

It's also now the first Revision phase, as designs have been completed and I'm posting them to the threads as fast as bay12 will allow me to.
The Cyan Menace

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I didn't notice this one.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely Absurd Abductee Arms Race: Core Thread (Turn 2 Revision Phase)
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 05:13:05 am »

3 (SDRB)
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 03:37:51 pm »

So, SDRB really needs more players, for those interested in joining, especially on the Discord. Once that team has more players, Rayleigh is also a bit behind in quantity of activity.

In general, all teams really need more, but SDRB needs it the most, followed by Rayleigh; Sujia has the best advantage in terms of active players at the moment.
The Cyan Menace

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2019, 03:46:10 pm »

So, SDRB really needs more players, for those interested in joining, especially on the Discord. Once that team has more players, Rayleigh is also a bit behind in quantity of activity.

In general, all teams really need more, but SDRB needs it the most, followed by Rayleigh; Sujia has the best advantage in terms of active players at the moment.

Lore writers are welcome.
Pages: [1] 2