Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Question  (Read 1903 times)

peli082

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Question
« on: August 16, 2019, 09:31:05 pm »

So, just to be clear we will have a final release for the next few months? before tharn enters his glorious hermit mode or are we already in the big wait?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: A Question
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 09:56:10 pm »

It's very very hard to put a hard date to Toady's releases, but... yes, we're all expecting-- hoping-- praying-- for the Villains Arc to be all cleaned up sometime in the upcoming months.

After this arc, Toady'll be moving on to the graphics support and whatnot for the upcoming Steam release. Then... armies? Maybe? I think? Then the Big Wait.

This is not the Big Wait. It's just this weird rabbit hole we went up going down when Toady realized just how much fun stuff he could cook up to go along with and support basic villainy. We're gonna get all-new evil supernatural stuff, religious expansions, mercenary bands... some kind of an abstracted economical thingummy I think... and a bunch of stuff I don't even remember. It's gonna be grand. :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 10:20:10 pm »

Villains release (couple of months from now probably).

Numerous bug-fix releases (2-6 months).

Development on QoL, UI and Graphics Capability Arc (6-12 months).
(Hard to tell with this last one, as it'll need some closed testing before release which has never been done before).

Steam release.

Numerous bug-fix releases. (3-6 months).

Improved siege, etc updates (maybe included in above, maybe another great year-long rabbit hole).

Big Wait (2-3 years or so).

First Mythgen release.

Bug fixes, etc, etc...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:23:26 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

peli082

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 10:25:09 pm »

Thanks for the clarifications guys  :) I look forward to the next few years cheers!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 11:26:43 pm »

It's very very hard to put a hard date to Toady's releases, but... yes, we're all expecting-- hoping-- praying-- for the Villains Arc to be all cleaned up sometime in the upcoming months.

After this arc, Toady'll be moving on to the graphics support and whatnot for the upcoming Steam release. Then... armies? Maybe? I think? Then the Big Wait.

This is not the Big Wait. It's just this weird rabbit hole we went up going down when Toady realized just how much fun stuff he could cook up to go along with and support basic villainy. We're gonna get all-new evil supernatural stuff, religious expansions, mercenary bands... some kind of an abstracted economical thingummy I think... and a bunch of stuff I don't even remember. It's gonna be grand. :D

It's absolutely going to be great. I think some long-standing issues introduced with DF2011 and DF2012 are finally going to be cleaned up (i.e. bogeyman). I only wish Toady could finish the night creatures list off this release...

The thing is there's got to be some changes for how conspiracies work and how you as an adventurer can take part in them, or fight against them... I think that's what's in for either this month or this season.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 11:37:49 am »

reimplementation of dwarven economy?
so far it only applies to the player in adv mode - that needs to change.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 01:31:17 am »

reimplementation of dwarven economy?
so far it only applies to the player in adv mode - that needs to change.
Next major rewrite after the major rewrite that follows the Mythgen releases (on politics, society and set up for starting scenarios). Unless Boats (Moving Fortress Parts) comes first. A good 10 years away at least.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:32:48 am by Shonai_Dweller »