Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Arcanodex  (Read 6729 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanodex
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 03:51:33 pm »

Hmm, I have one idea for a creature, but it kind of either requires me to make fairies to go with it, or just assumes that fairies are a thing.
The Arcanidex entry uses a crystal within creation that others haven’t put an entry for, so maybe you could do something similar with the fairies? I am not the GM. I’m guessing
-_-
Selenite is a real material.
Spoiler: Have a picture (click to show/hide)

Any of the people who have stated your example could figure it out if they bothered to look it up.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 05:04:33 pm »

Hmm, I have one idea for a creature, but it kind of either requires me to make fairies to go with it, or just assumes that fairies are a thing.
The Arcanidex entry uses a crystal within creation that others haven’t put an entry for, so maybe you could do something similar with the fairies? I am not the GM. I’m guessing
-_-
Selenite is a real material.
Spoiler: Have a picture (click to show/hide)

Any of the people who have stated your example could figure it out if they bothered to look it up.
Thanks. I did not know this

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 05:17:59 pm »

There are magical creatures that exist outside of the arcanodex, fairies will become one such creature if mentioned.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2019, 12:37:28 pm »

Holy Creature
Name: Unicorn
Origin: Unicorns are only found in forests during a full moon. There is usually only one per forest, although exceptions do occur, usually during a blue moon.
Abilities: They do not age, and are immune to all non-magical diseases and poisons. They can use magic, typically healing, and always holy. Anyone who kills a unicorn is cursed, causing all creatures (other than unholy or magical constructs) to shy away or even attack them.
Behavior: Possibly sentient, unicorns are able to comprehend language, but there have been no occurrences of them communicating with humans. They are largely indifferent to humans, avoiding only if threatened and helping only if asked. They reproduce very infrequently; only one unicorn calf has ever been observed.
Description: A white horse with an ivory colored horn growing from its forehead. The horn cannot be removed without killing the unicorn and is used in many powerful rituals and potions.

Unholy Ritual
Name: Bind Greater Demon
Materials/setup: One (1) unicorn horn, one (1) virgin, and the name of a demon. Chant "[Name of demon], come forth and serve!" and stab the virgin through the heart using the unicorn horn.
When: In a Heckstone circle, during a blood moon. The larger the circle, the stronger the demon that may be summoned.
Effects: Summons a demon. The demon must obey the summoner's commands to the best of its ability.

Arcane Spell
Name: Shield
Materials: 1 vial of quicksilver, not consumed
Verbal/Gesture Components: uncap the vial and hold your arm fully outstretched in the direction you want the shield to face
Effect: The quicksilver flows from the vial to just in front of the caster's hand, where it expands into a shape defined by the caster. While the caster keeps their arms outstretched, it forms a solid barrier that blocks anything within 90 degrees of the point of origin (caster's hand). The shield moves with the caster's hand. If the caster willingly ends the spell, the quicksilver flows back into the vial, otherwise it falls to the floor. The caster may have up to 2 shields active at once.
Less Fancy Effect: Each vial forms half of a bubble shield

Does holy magic come from God or a god?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:26:57 pm by Questorhank »
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2019, 01:00:00 pm »

I added a bestiary entry

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2019, 01:36:06 pm »

Holy magic comes from both God, and gods, really it's more sourced from people's faith.
My Power armor arms race

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2019, 06:04:33 pm »

Arcane Creature
Name: Tooth Fairy
Origin: Young Tooth Fairies are know to originate from the comparatively few Tooth Fairies that live to adulthood, each adult acting as a Mother to their own individual Brood. Despite this, how exactly the new Tooth Fairies are created is unknown.
Abilities: While Tooth Fairies can fly much like any other Fairy, and are still capable of simple magics, they possess a unique capability that has granted them the apt nickname of 'Sky Piranhas', a single Brood is capable of devouring a creature down to the bone within moments. This makes them utterly terrifying to come across in a group, but even the Brood Mothers, as massive compared to normal fairies as they may be, are relatively harmless alone without the time to learn complex and advanced magic.
Behavior: Tooth Fairies gather in Broods of upwards of a couple dozen children and adolescents, and one Brood Mother. Where many Fairies range from playful prankster to malicious trickster, Tooth Fairies have much simpler mindsets, not even reaching below average human intelligence until they reach the age at which they can become a new Brood Mother. While typically playful, they can quickly turn vicious when hungry, and their largely carnivorous diet can make prolonged proximity dangerous for those with less than adept skills at taming.
For those who are skilled however, a 'tamed' Tooth Fairy will pass its feelings towards its master on to its brood.
Description:
Spoiler: Tooth Fairies (click to show/hide)
With their behaviors and physical differences from other types of Fairy, one would be forgiven for assuming that the Tooth Fairy was not a Fairy at all, or at least far more distantly related than they actually are.

Well, here's the creature I was talking about. I've got ideas for more things, but I'm a little tired right now, so those might not come until tomorrow.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2019, 06:30:23 pm »

Added arcane spell. It's likely overpowered and/or (still) confusingly worded, so let me know if it needs modifying.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2019, 09:01:46 am »

I'm not sure if i should join right now so PTW. Maybe i'll edit this post.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2019, 09:03:04 am »

My post includes a Bestiary Entry now

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2019, 06:52:42 pm »

Arcane Creature
Name:Demon Parasite
Origin: They can be found on or near demons and other unholy creatures. It is unclear how they originated, but they can divide from existing members, similar to bacteria
Abilities: The more of them that are on a demon, the weaker the demon becomes, as these creatures drain the demon’s power and life for themselves. When they get big enough, they can divide into smaller versions if themselves, and spread to other demons
Behavior: It stays on a demon until draining it completely, then moves on to the next nearest demon
Description: They each look like a blue worm with a proboscis, which they use to drain demons. They also have antennae surrounding their bodies, which they use to ensure they are near and on a demon.
(Looked at beginning post and realized I needed a bestiary entry so I added one. Is this good?
Why? Why arcane? Arcane is weak to unholy.
My Power armor arms race

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2019, 06:55:09 pm »

Oh I thought it was strong against it. I will change it now

Fixed it. Thanks for telling me, I must have misread the advantages/disadvantage section
Holy Creature
Name:Demon Parasite
Origin: They can be found on or near demons and other unholy creatures. It is unclear how they originated, but they can divide from existing members, similar to bacteria
Abilities: The more of them that are on a demon, the weaker the demon becomes, as these creatures drain the demon’s power and life for themselves. When they get big enough, they can divide into smaller versions if themselves, and spread to other demons
Behavior: It stays on a demon until draining it completely, then moves on to the next nearest demon
Description: They each look like a blue worm with a proboscis, which they use to drain demons. They also have antennae surrounding their bodies, which they use to ensure they are near and on a demon.
(Looked at beginning post and realized I needed a bestiary entry so I added one. Is this good?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 06:59:02 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2019, 11:19:35 pm »

Waiting on glass and SM right now.
My Power armor arms race

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2019, 11:22:53 pm »

I know, I'm sorry .-.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2019, 11:24:35 pm »

My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4