Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: KSP 2 - "In space no one can hear you boogaloo"  (Read 10340 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
KSP 2 - "In space no one can hear you boogaloo"
« on: August 19, 2019, 03:35:12 pm »

Announcement trailer

So that's a thing, not much has been announced other than the fact that it's happening. If the trailer is anything to go by, there might be more of a base building focus this time, or atleast, it'll be there from the start and not modded in after the fact.

So yeah, not particularly hyped, more of a wait and see, since the first one is still fun every now and then, curious to see where they'll take it.

Killer trailer tho.

Edit:
Dev post containing additional info

tl;dr
Still Unity, coming to all storefronts, focus on making modding accessible, more advanced tech, expanded colonization, interstellar travel.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:26:25 pm by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: KSP 2 - "In space no one can hear you boogaloo"
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 03:56:49 pm »

Frustrated... personally. Felt like they just started doing good things with KSP1 and now this...

I fear it'll divide the community. People who have heavily modded their KSP won't want to move on, modders will either stay behind or move on, or possibly just give up in frustration.

I can't imagine they'll give us anything in vanilla 2 that can match up with the modded experience I've ended up with over the years.

I'll keep an eye on it. But I just have no hype at all and a lot of fear of what will happen.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 04:18:13 pm »

My impressions are that the base KSP is pretty dated by this point, so maybe they want to use a newer non-Unity engine to make a more polished game? Are they using Unity in the new game? Maybe they just want more money and don't think they can get it from DLCs anymore, or the DLC they want to make won't work so great the way the game is now?

Supposedly they are adding multiplayer. I have no idea how that would even function...

Currently optimistic, but I usually am when it comes to video games.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 04:27:55 pm »

Yeah, as moddable as the first one is, it's still fairly constrained by the engine and its age. If they're smart they'll be building this one from the ground up with modding in mind since that's what made the first one so popular and long-lasting.
AS - IG

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 04:35:49 pm »

Or they'll have modders compete to get in officially with microtransactions. Ooof. I hope not but that's the way it could go. Hopefully they don't try to go head to head with Star Citizen or something.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 07:03:10 pm »

So I showed my friends the trailers and a lot of them are pretty worried. Apparently they're still using the Unity engine and they're planning on charging 60 dollars for it. I don't mind paying the price as long as it's polished enough and there's a complete game but if they're still on Unity I have my doubts.

My friends also strongly believe that the game is going to be an Epic exclusive because Take 2 owns the people making the game. They also suspect that the game is going to get put up on Steam with a store page and everything only to get taken off a few months before launch to become the Epic exclusive, a sort of bait and switch.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 07:04:56 pm »

Take 2...existing makes me worry about this.  Only so many ways it can go good but SO many ways it can go bad.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 07:24:59 pm »

So I showed my friends the trailers and a lot of them are pretty worried. Apparently they're still using the Unity engine and they're planning on charging 60 dollars for it. I don't mind paying the price as long as it's polished enough and there's a complete game but if they're still on Unity I have my doubts.

My friends also strongly believe that the game is going to be an Epic exclusive because Take 2 owns the people making the game. They also suspect that the game is going to get put up on Steam with a store page and everything only to get taken off a few months before launch to become the Epic exclusive, a sort of bait and switch.

But, why, what would they gain except bad press and a high chance of the community turning on them? Besides, the master post claims it'll be out on all storefronts.
AS - IG

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 07:35:51 pm »

I am far behind in KSP news and I see this trailer pop up and came to find this thread. I am... apprehensive.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 07:36:37 pm »

Honestly, the only thing I really want out of a new KSP is more in the way of optional assists for those of us who are terribad at physics. All of my KSP experiences usually end with me remembering why I stopped playing it last time, which is that I'm not a physicist and I have no clue how to do any of this stuff.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 08:18:29 pm »

But, why, what would they gain except bad press and a high chance of the community turning on them?
Pretty sure that's what happened with that Metro game, and Satisfactory. So I have no idea why they would do it, just that they do it anyways. We'll just have to see if what they say right now reflects reality at launch.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 08:21:35 pm »

But, why, what would they gain except bad press and a high chance of the community turning on them? Besides, the master post claims it'll be out on all storefronts.

You're interrupting all the doomsaying and cynicism. Gamers are prescient and can tell for a fact whether or not a game will be bad months in advance of launch.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 08:43:44 pm »

You're interrupting all the doomsaying and cynicism. Gamers are prescient and can tell for a fact whether or not a game will be bad months in advance of launch.

Epic Games Store fuckery has happened like three four times by now.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 08:49:51 pm »

Any press is good press.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 02:00:59 am »

Except, with all the previous cases of a switch it happened to games which were announced before the ES was a thing. In the case of games announced after the fact, like say BL3, they said outright it'd be coming to the ES first. Because doing a bait and switch does nothing but anger customers and lose them money. And as dumb as the industry is at times, they still care about their bottom line.
AS - IG
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6