Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make your very own custom made character.  (Read 3159 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
How to make your very own custom made character.
« on: July 15, 2019, 06:15:02 pm »

I want to share my method to creating your own unique character sprites for adventure mode.This a guide for those like me who wants to see their visioned character alive in the world.

1.Use your favorite graphics. I recommend Gemset, meph, and vettlinger because they have distinct adventurer sprites. If you use any other graphics you might need to manually implement them in.

2.Get a photo editor, preferably Paint.net.

3.edit the existing .png and make your character look how you envision them.

4.save that .png and put it in the region you want that character to be  at.

bonus: if you want to have multiple unique adventurer in a party you can edit animal man since some are rare to nonexsitent and simply retire them at a location and have your adventurer go and retrieve them.Now you can have your very own dnd adventure!

I felt like sharing this to people who are like me and want to make a story using unique looking character.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: How to make your very own custom made character.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 12:55:57 pm »

Ooh, clever... this'd be nice for a community game sort of thing, especially if you brought Meph's tileset or something similar into the mix. Thanks! :)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 07:08:35 pm »

Hmm. I use an ASCII tileset (Grim Fortress) do you have any idea on how to make it work without a graphical set? (I know it'll be only one colour.)
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 07:31:47 pm »

My advice would be to study other graphic sets. I will only give you a very vauge explaination

1                     2                                    3         4             5
   [SWORDSMAN:VETTLINGR_HUMANS:2:21:AS_IS:ADVENTURER]

1-Creautres name
2-Title of the .Png
3-The coordinates that dictates which sprite it will use within the .Png
4-This won't color the creature and will keep them as is
5-This makes your adventurer unique from others of the same class.

Everything will make sense once you mess around a bit.  here is a link that can give a more detailed explaination on how to graphic on Dwarf fortress.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Graphic_set 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 06:40:21 pm by Luckyowl »