Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Heretics of Hexland 4- Turn-based colonisation game - End of Game  (Read 16598 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 4- Turn-based colonisation game - Year 5 Winter
« Reply #270 on: September 24, 2019, 12:25:10 pm »

I am drum rolling!

Ratatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata…!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 4- Turn-based colonisation game - Winter Year 3
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2019, 03:37:28 am »

There's a couple of illegal moves, as such players may wish to revise. We're on the last turn so it pays to get this right. In order:

edit all is well.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 04:08:45 am by notquitethere »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2019, 03:41:49 am »

The minks Conquer 74 before my turn

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2019, 04:08:14 am »

The minks Conquer 74 before my turn
Ah! Of course. My apologies, you're correct and I'm an idiot. All is well. Processing now...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 25, 2019, 01:33:58 pm »

Game End

With one last push, the great powers split the island three-ways, with the Leviathan electorate languishing in their lake, and the trolls isolated in a handful of mountain strongholds. While the glorious cities of the Principality of Pork were equal in splendour to the arid wastes of the Mad Nomads, it was the great forests of Ferngully that were foremost among the heretics.

Spoiler: Year 4 - End of Game (click to show/hide)

PlayerLand TerritoriesHeresy PointsTotal Score
Naturegirl1999 - Ferngully241640
Kashyyk - Principality of Pork 261339
SHAD0Wdump - Mad Nomads271239
Wozzy - Controll Freaks8816
NQT - The Leviathan Electorate6511
Shadowclaw777 - Organization of Clucks000

Full Stats
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:44:43 pm by notquitethere »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 4- Turn-based colonisation game - End of Game
« Reply #275 on: September 25, 2019, 01:36:30 pm »

This was fun

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2019, 01:37:43 pm »

That ended up more balanced than I thought it might! Very close placement in the top 3. The Porks could have drew in first place if they'd have built a city instead of idling their last action. Likewise, if the Nomads had kept the mountain and it wasn't invaded, they would have drew. I wonder how it would have looked if Wozzy had kept playing.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2019, 01:42:25 pm »

WOW that was close. I think if Wozzy kept playing, Ferngully would have struggled more to get out of their area, Porkie's would have also struggled a little more but the Mad Nomads may have been left alone enough to have made it a two horse race between them and the Control Freaks.

NQT, setting the players with some stated as player first then their civ and sometimes reverse is REALLY irking me, damnit xD.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2019, 01:46:55 pm »

WOW that was close. I think if Wozzy kept playing, Ferngully would have struggled more to get out of their area, Porkie's would have also struggled a little more but the Mad Nomads may have been left alone enough to have made it a two horse race between them and the Control Freaks.
What Wozzy really would have wanted would have been to encircle some farmland with mountains so he could actually grow, but he did really well with his species-heresy combo to get a load of free and cheap expansions. That said, his growth in the year before he disappeared had slowed- he started out with 26, and through being conquered and taking new land, he managed to stick about 27.

NQT, setting the players with some stated as player first then their civ and sometimes reverse is REALLY irking me, damnit xD.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:50:48 pm by notquitethere »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2019, 02:33:59 pm »

Unfortunately I didn't have the population for another City. If I'd been able to harvest those four fields in year 2 I would have flooded my way to victory.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 25, 2019, 02:45:14 pm »

Ah of course, that makes complete sense.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 25, 2019, 02:47:17 pm »

I think an RTD where people play as individuals in this world would be cool. Trying to get power by dealing with politics in the civs. It would be lots of work to process though. I thought it would be cool. Does anyone else think it would be cool?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 25, 2019, 02:52:53 pm »

Some kind of spin-off game in this world would be neat, yeah. You have three major powers holding each other in balance, Cluck refugees from their shattered nation, trolls lurking in the mountains, a besieged water nation in decline. If someone else ran it, I'd play in it.

I reckon the surviving poults would flee to become an underclass in the new Pork cities, as they share the same Builder belief. The Leviathan Electorate would remain bitter enemies of the Mad Nomads, with both the betrayal and their mutually incompatible beliefs keeping the wedge between them. The Ents would continue to spread the forests in the north.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 03:03:27 pm by notquitethere »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 25, 2019, 03:31:33 pm »

From a balance point of view, I'm wondering if the Raise ability needs looking at. It costs the same as Bountiful's Fecund, but gives an extra point of defence and can only be reversed with another Heresy's special ability, compared to the base deforest ability.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 25, 2019, 03:40:23 pm »

From a balance point of view, I'm wondering if the Raise ability needs looking at. It costs the same as Bountiful's Fecund, but gives an extra point of defence and can only be reversed with another Heresy's special ability, compared to the base deforest ability.
Hm. What if Raise were to cost 3 actions?(Convert terrain to favored for 2 actions + adding a defense aka Fortification)
And adding a Mine ability to create caves in the mountains. The Mine ability would be 2 actions avaliable to all civs and a mountain with a Mine will turn into Rock Plain(functions as regular plain) the following turn?
If a problem is detected, tell me. Just thoughts on balancing
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20