Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What is the most hilariously OP forgotten beast/titan you've seen?  (Read 3245 times)

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile

In either mode.
pug

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most hilariously OP forgotten beast/titan you've seen?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 02:49:23 pm »

There was that webslinging quadruped made of solid amber I guess? I dunno, I don't pay all that much attention to those guys... normally I just let 'em roam the caverns in peace. That one was a titan, so I couldn't...
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 03:09:56 pm »

Btw if it's a blob made of steel you get extra points.
pug

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 08:42:15 am »

I'm pretty sure in vanilla the winged steel blob with webs is the ultimate foe, or possibly something like a flying steel spider with full-necrosis deadly dust.

The closest I've gotten to one of those was Rinul Vuthil, an enormous grebe with lidless eyes. It had a shell, and its deadly dust caused blisters all over at first, that then led to heavy bruising in the afflicted tissues. This disabled all movement, and made the victim blind. Finally, the lungs and brain of the victim were bruised, and they succumbed to their ill fate.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 12:29:58 pm »

Anything with webs. I am aware of the workarounds, it's just that none of those workarounds are in place when such a megabeast attacks.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 08:32:41 am »

I got a winged blob made of fire recently. It turns out dwarves can't fight creatures that are constantly surrounded by fire.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 08:46:36 am »

I got a winged blob made of fire recently. It turns out dwarves can't fight creatures that are constantly surrounded by fire.
Well, not in melee.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 08:28:47 am »

Well, not in melee.
That's elf talk. Give them shields and numbers and they'll deal with the beast no problem.

As for my most OP forgotten beast, it was a giant crocodile with horns and webs. Its horns could pierce through steel armour no problem, and nothing could get remotely close. Even steel crossbow bolts did not seem to do much damage. In the end, I trapped it in a hallway and collapsed it in on it.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 12:31:23 am »

That's elf talk. Give them shields and numbers and they'll deal with the beast no problem.
They have trouble pathing through the heat.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 03:54:25 am »

They have trouble pathing through the heat.
OK, Lafo. I know your elfish ways. Have you considered dropping dwarfs on top of the forgotten beast from a great height?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 08:42:57 am »

I once had a firebreathing lizard titan while playing kobold kamp. I was living in a forest and all my defenses were made of wood. My FPS went to around 3-5 while everything died.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 08:47:44 am »

OK, Lafo. I know your elfish ways. Have you considered dropping dwarfs on top of the forgotten beast from a great height?
What, and waste perfectly good elf-killing mooks? Why bother when you can just drop rocks on top of the forgotten beast from a great height?

klonk
Sigtext

V12US

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 11:51:34 am »

What, and waste perfectly good elf-killing mooks? Why bother when you can just drop rocks on top of the forgotten beast from a great height?

Why not drop another forgotten beast on a forgotten beast from a great height and basically kill two elves with one rock?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 01:25:06 pm »

Same reason you wouldn't drop dwarves. Why waste a perfectly good murderous abomination when you could be siccing it on elves and goblins and whatnot?

klonk
Sigtext

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 02:11:43 pm »

Then drop elves on it instead.

Pages: [1] 2