Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: Pure Nomic (Players Needed)  (Read 31517 times)

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pure Nomic (Players Needed)
« on: August 24, 2019, 10:14:48 pm »

Worlds:

Alpha Rules:
  • All Global Directors must agree to changes to the game. After 24 hours all proposals with at least one non-proposer yes vote are automatically accepted if unopposed.
  • Global Director limit of 6. Guests or citizens may register to the game as Global Directors when a spot is vacant or inherited by posting to the thread "I, [Username], who shall now be known as [Nickname], register to the thread as a global director and understand that I share responsibility for the content of Pure Nomic with the Global Directors."
  • The TC must update the original post. A rule is not in effect until it is added to the OP. Rules must be listed in the order they were proposed, except when a proposal or a revision suggests otherwise.
    In the case of the TC being unavailable for three days then all active Global Directors can vote on a replacement TC and make a new thread. When this happens the new TC must link to the previous thread in their OP and to the next thread in their last post in the old thread. TC is assumed to have left the game.
  • Character Creation
    Name:
    Appearance:
    Goal:
    Aligned Entity:
    Spirit Entity:
    (Add more if desired)
  • Any new rule that requires the TC to do something, must have TC consent. And can be removed by them later.
  • Disputes can be resolved with RTD Gladiator battles, hosted by a referee. The competitors would agree on one, or one would be chosen randomly if they couldn't. Anyone that volunteered to do it.
  • If a Global Director does not post to the thread for three days than they can be killed by any Global Director, and if killed are no longer signed up. They may resign/respawn at any time if there is still an open slot.
  • In the case of the TC being unavailable for three days then all active Global Directors can vote on a replacement TC and make a new thread. When this happens the new TC must link to the previous thread in their OP and to the next thread in their last post in the old thread. TC is assumed to have left the game.
  • Global Directors may earn points in a manner determined by the rule set. The purpose of said points shall be determined by the rule set. You can trade points. Upon your death you lose all your points.
  • Wednesdays you cannot propose any new rules or rule revisions. You may only make 3 proposals a day. A proposal may contain multiple new rules and or rule revisions, but Global Directors vote for or against an entire proposal. You may edit a proposal if it doesn't have any non-proposer votes. You may spend X-2 points to make an additional proposal, where X equals your total number of proposals today before your next one. If the proposer of a pending rule no longer supports it, it should be removed from the vote.
  • The host of matches in the RTD thread may, at their own discretion, allow guests in the RTD thread, at intervals determined by the rule set, to vote to give their favorite Global Directors boosts. The form these boosts will take will be randomly selected from a list. This list will be provided by the Global Directors in a way determined by the rule set.
  • The Global Directors rule over willing non-Global Directors. The means for this is to be determined by the rule set.
  • Guests may register to the game as Citizens by posting to the thread
    "I, [Username], register to the thread as a citizen and understand that my position is below the Global Directors.". There exist in-game organizations called "Divisions". Each Division is ruled over by a Global Director who may structure it as they see fit, within the rule set. Each Citizen must choose a Division to be a part of. Divisions are numbered in accordance with the GD who initially starts it.
  • All proposals must be given a concise title by their proposer for referential purposes.
    When proposing Global Directors must underline the first use of the proposal title.
  • You can roleplay a minor or mundane activity such as eating, excercising, reading, practicing a hobby, and anything that fits your character. Then you may give yourself 10 points. You cannot gain points this way again before next Wednesday.
  • Excluding this one, instances in rules(past and future) of the word "player" and "players" are to be replaced with the title "Global Director" and "Global Directors". All Global Directors are assigned the number of the player slot they fill. They may change number if that slot is open. They have the option to take a concise nickname. (GD-1 "Clockwork", for example.)
  • When proposing you must underlined the first use of the proposal title.
  • If you kill a Global Director you must describe your character slaying theirs and must have an Avatar or Duplicate on the same planet as one of theirs.
  • There is a ball. If you have it you can pass it to another Global Director. The TC starts with the ball and get's it back after 72 hours without someone passing it.
  • Each member of the game, Global Director, Citizen, or otherwise, may, at their discretion, designate heirs for their points and other possessions in special documents called "Wills". Wills may be as detailed as desired and may be conditional.
  • Every rule added, should be done exactly as proposed. Exceptions include: removal or addition of BBC formatting, removal or addition of indentation and spacing, removal of proposal clarifying text, and if the rule is effected by another rule.
  • Conditional rules get a chance at passing whether or not the original rule passes or fails. After the original rule is passed, the descendant can be treated like a revision rule, but if the original rule fails, the descendant can still have a chance as a new rule.
  • If you wish to make a proposal that does not effect game mechanics, and that does not increase the total number of rules, put "Bookkeeping: " before the rest of the proposal title and this does not count against your daily proposal limit. Proposals that do not qualify must not have the word "Bookkeeping" in the title. You may only have up to 10 pending Bookkeeping proposals at any one time.
  • Each Global Director has complete control over their own planet, and may choose the setting. They may have a link placed in the OP to one thread for the world.
  • A Global Director's avatar can change from world to world to conform to the setting. The avatar can be killed by the world's Global Director upon losing a Gladiator Duel they agree to participate in against another Global Director. Global Directors must roleplay their character traveling by some method of their choosing when going from one world to another, and there is a minimum travel time of 15 minutes. Global Directors are always able to post freely in this thread, no matter what world their avatar is on.
  • A Global Director may create duplicates of themselves to be on multiple worlds simultaneously, but if any Duplicate dies, they all do. If the Global Director that died respawns, the Global Directors of the worlds in which they had duplicates have the option to permit them to continue as if nothing ever happened. If duplicates travel to the same world they merge into the one that most recently active on the planet, and they do not need to roleplay arriving.
  • An accuser, who doesn't need to be a Global Director, must make an accusation by posting a Global Director's nickname in bold red font, and any supporting evidence of that Global Director having broken any rules. After posting the accusation the trial will last 48 hours, and there is no limit to the number of active trials. Any Global Director can support the accusation by suggesting a penalty; this can be death, a point fee of some amount and who it would go to if anyone, or both, or nothing at all. If 3 or more non-accuser Global Directors support the accusation when the trial has ended the defendant must suffer the penalty. The third highest penalty is to be enforced, going by death as the maximum and the number of points lost as the secondary scale. The Global Director to suggest the punishment is to carry it out within 1 week of the trial ending. Global Directors can change their suggested punishment or withdraw their support as desired throughout the trial.
  • Two Global Directors can agree on a means of Fast Travel from each of their worlds. This allows instant travel, but must require player action and at least 72 hours to obtain.
  • Each player must choose a non-organizational entity that will act as their spiritual representative. What this means is determined by the rule set. Entities must be approved by the other players.
  • The Topic Creator can give each Global Director a title by announcing it in the thread. After 72 hours the Topic Creator can give them a different title. The Topic Creator's title is Topic Creator, or TC for short.

Beta Rules:
  • There are two classes of rules: Alpha rules, which govern the Nomic; and Beta rules, which govern any in-game games. Alpha rules are to be listed under an Alpha header. Beta rules are to be listed under a Beta header. Alpha rules are to be referred to as Alpha-1, Alpha-2, and so on. Beta rules are to be referred to in a similar way. Alpha rules overrule Beta rules.
  • All characters must be aligned with an entity of their choice. This entity may be an individual (see clause B), a specimen of flora or fauna, an organization, or a deity (see clause C).
    Clause B: The individual may be the character itself.
    Clause C: The deity must be from a pre-existing (see clause C.A) religion or fictional work.
    Clause C.A: Pre-existing, for the sake of this rule, means before the character was made.
  • Global Directors can create multiple characters, but only one character can be active at a time. When the active character dies, GD can choose which of their backup characters takes the Acive character’s place upon death. Backup characters do not start with what the Active character had upon death.
  • Each player must be assigned an in-game class. The means of which is determined by the rule set.
  • Players can learn skills. The types of skills available will be determined by the rule set. Players learn skills when they do them for the first time properly.
  • Players can increase the level of their class by performing skills related to their class. Higher level skills are required to advance to higher class levels.
  • There is to be a class of rule called Holy Law. These rules govern player behavior and are determined by the Divine Law rule set. Violating Holy Laws incurs no point based penalty. Violating Holy Laws increases a player's Heresy Count. Locating violated Holy Laws increases a player's Piety Count.
  • If a Divine Law proposal is passed then it must be rewritten in pseudo-religious terminology.

Holy Laws:
  • It has been known since the time of the ancients that the deities exist in a state of duality, one for every aspect of the universe and its exact opposite. All must follow a deity lest their heresy against the gods incur a divine punishment. The gods shall be named in the chapters that follow.
  • The first deity that made itself known to our order is the god of chaos. Its name may not be spoken for its very nature is filled with a font of change. All attempts to name it have been in vain. Whenever a being attempts to speak its name, a random name will be spoken.

Global Directors:
  • Clockwork, Topic Creator (Liberonscien)
  • (Vacant)
  • (Vacant)
  • Digresser (Naturegirl1999)
  • Zultan (King Zultan)
  • (Vacant)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 04:36:00 pm by Liberonscien »
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Pure Nomic
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 10:56:18 pm »

I propose that OP explain what this means. All in favor?

Avanti!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 11:30:19 pm »

2. Player limit of 6.

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 04:12:58 pm »

If people want more rules then everyone must agree to them unless we change that. That includes win/lose conditions.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 04:13:42 pm »

2. Player limit of 6.
I'm fine with this. What about you, Doubloon-Seven?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 04:42:32 pm »

While were waiting, how about
3. After 48 hours, a new rule wins if unopposed.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 05:04:42 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 05:20:06 pm »

While were waiting, how about
3. After 48 hours, a new rule wins if unopposed.
I think that a rule should have at least one non-proposer yes vote otherwise someone could just declare themselves the winner during a lull in the game.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 06:06:58 pm »

New rule: After 48 hours, a new rule with at least one non-proposer yes vote wins if unopposed.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 06:46:10 pm »

New rule: After 48 hours, a new rule with at least one non-proposer yes vote wins if unopposed.
Sounds good to me. I vote yes.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 07:02:50 pm »

4: The OP must add passed rules to the original post.

I vote yes.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 08:03:24 pm »

4: The OP must add passed rules to the original post.

I vote yes.
I was going to do that after everyone had voted yes.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 08:04:48 pm »

Player list so far:
Lib, me.
Roseheart
Two eternities
Doubloon

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 08:22:01 pm »

Not sure if this is actually a sign up, I pm'd them to clarify. If so maybe they can vote.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 10:28:01 pm »

Not sure if this is actually a sign up, I pm'd them to clarify. If so maybe they can vote.
If we assume it isn't them signing up then technically no one signed up.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2019, 10:33:21 pm »

I sign up. Also, I oppose Rule 2. Still a few hours left.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:35:08 pm by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31